Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales DS

7.4

1. Jun 27, 2017
    Nice Graphic and soundtrack. Pop-up duel is the best part of this game, even some **** microgames can be ignore. Similar to Mario Party but with great story and art
  2. Sep 6, 2015
    One of the greatest late Square Enix games. A combination of great design of mini games taking advantage of the NDS stylus, beautiful art and a great mix between card combat and RPG makes this game an absolute must for the NDS collection.
  3. Aug 11, 2015
    Sure, it's a bit childish, but it's honestly one of the best RPGs I've played in quite some time, and infinitely better than the FF3 remake. It's simple, but the card mechanic is unique and refreshing, and it's just the right length to boot. Cute, but certainly the finest 7th gen. FF in my opinion, and the only RPG I've played which tops it is the 3DS's Bravely Default.
  4. Feb 2, 2013
    The graphic and general feeling are so inspired and unique. I liked the mini games more than the card battles, some of them are real fun! Good music as every ff games and the chocobos are just cute.
  5. parrappadog
    Feb 7, 2009
    This game is garbage. the mini games mostly take luck and although the game is supposed to be based on card game battles, youll be spending 90% of the game playing mini games for the cards themselves. the battle system is pretty much absolute luck and played almost in a rock-paper-scissors fashion. music is your typical chocobo theme and final fantasy victory themes in about every This game is garbage. the mini games mostly take luck and although the game is supposed to be based on card game battles, youll be spending 90% of the game playing mini games for the cards themselves. the battle system is pretty much absolute luck and played almost in a rock-paper-scissors fashion. music is your typical chocobo theme and final fantasy victory themes in about every situation you get in. the only thing that i enjoy about this game really is that the graphics for DS is well done. i suggest you all avoid this piece of crap. Expand
  6. KelvinT.
    Apr 10, 2007
    It's a Squeenix production so the exceptional graphics and sound are no surprise. But while I find that their RPGs rarely hit a spot with me, Chocobo Tales really had me all the way with its immense variety on offer. Obtaining a complete card collection may prove to be one of the toughest challenges ever, but these cards are super important when dueliing via WiFi or wireless. Good or It's a Squeenix production so the exceptional graphics and sound are no surprise. But while I find that their RPGs rarely hit a spot with me, Chocobo Tales really had me all the way with its immense variety on offer. Obtaining a complete card collection may prove to be one of the toughest challenges ever, but these cards are super important when dueliing via WiFi or wireless. Good or bad thing, it's up to you. Plenty of flaws to pick at, but hey it's something different to the usual ATB so I'm not complaining. Best DSqueenix game yet. Collapse
  7. DavidDodge
    Mar 13, 2007
    Rather short but very sweet. The minigames are fun and give good incentive to continue playing for the side-objectives. Sub-minigames push the limit on reasonable high score however, over the line into near-impossible.

The card game is fun and deep while remaining simple and easy to pick up and play. Online play also helps considering the unfortunate lack of it's use in single-player. Worth playing, might not be worth buying however. (Japanese Import)

#43 Most Discussed DS Game of 2007
#60 Most Shared DS Game of 2007

1. A beautiful game to look at with some fun replayable mini games. Don’t expect an epic story, though – just lots and lots of Chocobos! [JPN Import]
  2. Irritating and irrational, Magic Picture Book treats you badly. Yet one flash of those choco-puppy eyes and your heart will flutter. The DS equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome. [JPN Import; Mar 2007, p.76]
  3. Play Magazine
    With its weird mishmash of genres, art styles and difficulty levels, Chocobo and the Magical Picturebook is sort of a mess. But it's the good kind of mess, born of a passionate development team that was determined to pack a ton of ideas into a DS cartridge. [JPN Import; Feb 2007, p.79]