4.0

1. BillWilson
    Mar 14, 2009
    I really enjoy this game, but I do think it's easy to misunderstand what the game is for. As Tom A said, this is really brain training... it just happens to focus on the brain's processing of visual sensory input. At that, I think it does a very good job. I've been playing for a while, and I am starting to realize actual benefits. For instance, I now find it much easier toI really enjoy this game, but I do think it's easy to misunderstand what the game is for. As Tom A said, this is really brain training... it just happens to focus on the brain's processing of visual sensory input. At that, I think it does a very good job. I've been playing for a while, and I am starting to realize actual benefits. For instance, I now find it much easier to navigate heavy traffic on the freeway -- perhaps my peripheral vision and dynamic visual acuity have improved? Anyway, I enjoy both the sports mini-games and the more abstract exercises included in this game. I thoroughly enjoy it, and believe it is actually beneficial to me. Expand

Brain Age is far more believable as a brain trainer than Flash Focus is an eye strengthener, even if neither will really make you smart or see clearly. Flash Focus just seems like it's just more quick reflex and memory retention challenge…and there's just not that many of them to make a full Nintendo product.
  2. Nintendo simply grabbed a bunch of corny challenges and copied Brain Age's presentation, and the result is an average game that probably does nothing to replace our coke bottle lenses.
  3. For a simple little collection of fun minigames, $20 sounds just about right. If you've enjoyed other games of this ilk, you'll find Flash Focus to be a refreshing alternative.