8.6

1. Nov 6, 2010
    I was so looking forward to FNS when it came out, and for the first few weeks it was brilliant! Then, several months later the Hatena site got a mass overload of crap flipnotes begging for apparently precious stars, therefore absolutely ruining the experience. What a shame, because it's a great tool, despite a few drawbacks.
  2. Aug 30, 2011
    Flipnote Studios is undoubtedly an excellent application for its price. (Which is free.) You can create really impressive animations, but the quality of course depends on your artistic ability. You can create anything from animations, to "comic books" that you manually turn the page. But, as many users of the Flipnote sharing service Hatena have discovered, you can draw a picture of an adorable animal with a sign that says "Adopt me for 100 Stars," and gullible users will add 100 stars to the drawing to "adopt" it, forcing this little doodle to the top of the "most popular" page. There are also flips with a song recorded from YouTube, which says "Download for 50 stars." People will then add 50 stars to perform a download which is free, and forcing this "no-effort" note into the popular section.

These can be ignored if you want, but the fact is that most Flipnotes on the Hatena site won't fit your tastes. But if you have a DSi and want to try your hand at some animating, Download Flipnotes. It's probably pre-loaded if you have a newer device. It's a blast to animate, and even if your actual "animations" don't get popular on the Hatena at least you had fun making them.

Check out my Creator Page if you want: Command Code is L R L Up Y L L L
    Fave me and I'll add you. Haha bye
  3. Oct 16, 2010
    Fun, free, and deep. What is there to complain about? The website is also great. Small download, as well. There is seriously nothing to really complain about.
  4. Jun 4, 2011
    Interface of this application was made as simple as possible. So even the most talentless in drawing people (like me) can draw with fun. And Flipnote Agenda's idea is just awesome! I'm sure people made a lot of masterpieces for only being popular there. My rate is superb! 10.0!
  5. Sep 4, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Flipnote Studio is a Wonderful app, where People can create theire own Flipnotes. On the other side, the community is bad. Full of Star beggers, Stickmans, boos, and Untalent Artists.
    If you want to share your flips, go to a website that support Flash and not there.

Of course it take ages to be popular. The other people who got populare are mostly Unfunny/untalented artist or people that are Star beggers.
  6. Jan 24, 2013
    this game started well, but it has been reduced to people stealing original flip notes with the only change at the end saying "add stars if blah blah blah" or a change in speed. and are these thief's punished? no, there put on the "most popular videos" section. and if its not stolen, its some sort of song with a page saying "add stars if you like songs", or a video that says something like "add stars or you will die in 3 days". and if not that, some sort of one direction love story. flippant hatena has become a hole of star beggars, reposts, and stupid scams. however, flip-note studio itself (without hatena) isn't that bad, its a good way to make videos. i personally think that they should shut down the hatena system and keep it as a system to just share some videos with some close friends, not to the internet where someone can steal it. Expand
  7. Sep 28, 2013
    A beautiful software with many options and tricks to find. It's a must have, especially considering that it's free to download. Although the value is lessened by the fact that Flipnote Hatena (the sharing site within the DSi) is now defunct, the software itself is still wonderful. I'm eagerly looking forward to the 3DS version.

After toying with the program for hours and seeing co-workers' reactions and excitement, both in what I produced and how easy it is to use, I'm now comfortable in saying that there's a real reason to own a DSi system. Flipnote Studio is the system seller Nintendo really needs.
  2. Flipnote Studio is simply essential. It's a superb animation application and it's completely free. All DSi owners should download it.
  3. While the program is simple enough for people of all ages to create a project, it still manages to offer up an almost endless amount of creative power limited only by the amount of time and effort users are willing to put into their projects.