Glory of Heracles DS

7.3

1. Sep 21, 2016
    If you've played an other JRPG, you've played Glory of Heracles. It's plot is boring, battles are fun the first few times but wane in entertainment over time, the battle system brings barely anything original, the game is much longer than it needs to be (JRPG veterans can beat it in about twenty hours, while newcomers may take anywhere from twenty five to thirty hours), and it's soundtrackIf you've played an other JRPG, you've played Glory of Heracles. It's plot is boring, battles are fun the first few times but wane in entertainment over time, the battle system brings barely anything original, the game is much longer than it needs to be (JRPG veterans can beat it in about twenty hours, while newcomers may take anywhere from twenty five to thirty hours), and it's soundtrack is forgettable. As for positives, it has great graphics for a 2010 DS game and it may be a good game to introduce reluctant people into the genre. But other than that niche crowd, you will fine little to no enjoyment in Glory of Heracles. And even if you need a game that eases someone into JRPGS, you can do much better than Glory of Heracles, even on the DS. Might I recommend Chrono Trigger's DS remake. In conclusion, Glory of Heracles is a bare bones, standard JRPG with really nothing going for it. But then again, there's nothing fundamentally wrong with the game, it plays exactly like you'd expect a JRPG to play. But that right there is a problem. When I score games, I tend to look for what it does differently when compared to other games of the same genre. If you simply do nothing new, then your even worse than a bad game that tried to change up the formula. Expand
  2. ChrisS
    Jan 25, 2010
    This game is a JRPG as far as gameplay is concerned. Nothing more or less, really. Turn based random battles staring a silent protagonist, though his hair is surprisingly smooth and non-spiky. In a lot of ways, again based on the gameplay, it reminds me a lot of Dragon Quest 5 on the DS, from the style of battles to the camera controls (which are in the towns only). I personally enjoy This game is a JRPG as far as gameplay is concerned. Nothing more or less, really. Turn based random battles staring a silent protagonist, though his hair is surprisingly smooth and non-spiky. In a lot of ways, again based on the gameplay, it reminds me a lot of Dragon Quest 5 on the DS, from the style of battles to the camera controls (which are in the towns only). I personally enjoy this style of gameplay, and so though I've seen it before, I don't mind seeing it again. If you hate turn-based random battle, you will not like the gameplay, but if you do, you will love this game. So why give something with unoriginal gameplayl an 8? The artistic details make this game. The graphics are great, with some of the best looking sprites I've seen in a while. The writing is top notch, something most JRPGs could learn from. In particular, I enjoy the fact that the characters are likable, not surly or crotchety. I actually care about the characters, and enjoy their interactions, even the simplest ones. Overall, the winning story beats out the derivativeness of the gameplay, even if the game play itself is, in my opinion, a blast. Expand
  3. Jan 31, 2011
    It's one of my favourite JRPGs on DS - great story, interesting characters, beautiful (although a bit repetitive) music. Battles are amazing! I'd like to see a sequel. Too bad the game isn't "too" popular.
  4. Nov 20, 2011
    Another good JRPG for the Nintendo DS. With a rich history based on Greek mythology and interesting gameplay turn-based random battle, the game is more good than the critics has have said but presents no change expected.
  5. Oct 9, 2016
    Very good game.
    The art and movement of chars and enemies are very elaborated.
    The combat system works well and is really deep, but don't is needed dive in it. you can play simple too and works.
    The plot is well build and the use of the mythology let it ever better.

#26 Most Discussed DS Game of 2010
#26 Most Shared DS Game of 2010

1. Nintendo Power
    Though Glory of Heracles may not be revolutionary, however, it's still ultimately solid fun. [Feb 2010, p.90]
  2. It's nice to see Nintendo take a chance on a franchise that's untested overseas, but Glory of Heracles doesn't leave a good first impression. It's simply too linear and devoid of the frills we've come to expect from an RPG. With better options on the market, simply being average doesn't come close to the Herculean effort the series needs.
  3. If you're into classic RPGs and/or don't mind stepping back into some randomized battles, the game is well worth the price of $29.99. Otherwise, look for a more modern RPG.