Harvest Moon DS DS

• Publisher: Natsume
  • Release Date: Sep 12, 2006
7.4

1. Aug 25, 2010
    Harvest Moon DS, another instalment to the popular Harvest Moon series. Does it live up to the expectations of its predecessors. Well, to be truthful... no. But here's why. At first glance, it has exactly the same graphics as the Game Boy Advance's HM: Friends of Mineral Town. That seems like a great disappointment since you would expect the development team to upgrade the graphics.Harvest Moon DS, another instalment to the popular Harvest Moon series. Does it live up to the expectations of its predecessors. Well, to be truthful... no. But here's why. At first glance, it has exactly the same graphics as the Game Boy Advance's HM: Friends of Mineral Town. That seems like a great disappointment since you would expect the development team to upgrade the graphics. Secondly, the bottom screen and stylus barely come into use other than petting animals. Another major flaw is its tedious storyline. In order to unlock new features (including marriage) you need to find all the 120 harvest sprites but, to make it even harder, they are invisible! The final major flaw, is the world map. It is very unimaginative and its prequel is much better. Not all is bad though, the game still has its Harvest Moon charm and the game-play is still good. But, the bad things out-weigh the good things and you can't help but feel that this is a great let-down. Don't let this review put you off if you are going to buy the game. Harvest Moon fans will have a blast but for newcomers I would suggest the Rune Factory series. Expand
  2. AnonymousMC
    Oct 19, 2008
    This game is good, but has plenty of bugs. For instance, there's the billions-of-G glitch, and the fact that if you marry the mermaid, she lives in your pond made of stone which can be destroyed by bad weather. Also, it seems to have random crashes. If you can find it for 20 bucks or less, you might want to give it a shot, but I'm not making any promises.
  3. ChristianP.
    Feb 2, 2008
    I always liked the Harvest Moon series but this game is kidda good not as good as the other ones. It's always the same thing going around doing stuff that is related to farming. This game has numerous amount of glitches and what where Natsume thinking not fixing the glitches it feels more like a rushed game than a more complete game.
  4. ColleenM.
    Jul 19, 2007
    I got this for my birthday expecting it to be just as enjoyable as the GBA versions, and in the beginning it was. The thing that makes me almost never want to play this is the CONSTANT freezing! At first I thought I got a faulty game, but reading other people's comments about it I now realize that it was probably just a mistake by Natsume.
  5. RedXIII
    Feb 7, 2007
    Ultimately shallow and repetitive, this game has a hint of the good old harvest moon, and is probably the best they could have done for a handheld system, but this game has little to no depth, it gets repetitive after the first couple of hours, and just doesn't have enough to do. Good for a while, but boring after that.
  6. Danielle
    Oct 5, 2006
    It is really fun but there are way too many glitches!!! I sometimes feel scared to play in fear of saves being erased or getting stuck somewhere or who knows what

#16 Most Discussed DS Game of 2006
#20 Most Shared DS Game of 2006

1. Games Master UK
    A sweet slice of handheld fun, but familiarity breeds contempt. [May 2007, p.83]
  2. Official Nintendo Magazine UK
    With better visuals and touch screen controls this could have been a DS classic. As it is, it's a decent introduction to the genre we shall christen the farm 'em up. [May 2007, p.87]
  3. The game is every bit as cute and niche as ever, but it’s not even pretending to be anything new or innovative for fans – it’s just the same old slog once again, with only a few new faces and a few new things to see.