• Publisher: Natsume
  • Release Date: Sep 12, 2006
7.5

1. ZebraMan
    Jul 4, 2008
    From the constant bugs to the horrendous localization, this game rots. I guess if you can't get enough HM, you'll enjoy it, but it's basically the same premise as every other one. That is, farm a small plot, date guys/ladies, attend festivals, yadda yadda. In my opinion it's a lazy production of a stale series. Hopefully they'll have learned their lessons for the From the constant bugs to the horrendous localization, this game rots. I guess if you can't get enough HM, you'll enjoy it, but it's basically the same premise as every other one. That is, farm a small plot, date guys/ladies, attend festivals, yadda yadda. In my opinion it's a lazy production of a stale series. Hopefully they'll have learned their lessons for the next one (there's ALWAYS a next one). Expand
  2. JimmyB.
    Apr 12, 2007
    I have played a lot of the Harvest Moon games. I first played it for the SNES, which I thought was awesome, then I played it for the PS2, which I was disappointed, then Friends of Mineral Town for the GBA, which was really good, then It's a Wonderful Life for the GameCube, which was even better. I was really looking forward to Harvest Moon DS when it came out, I mean I loved how you I have played a lot of the Harvest Moon games. I first played it for the SNES, which I thought was awesome, then I played it for the PS2, which I was disappointed, then Friends of Mineral Town for the GBA, which was really good, then It's a Wonderful Life for the GameCube, which was even better. I was really looking forward to Harvest Moon DS when it came out, I mean I loved how you can use the stylus to milk, pet, clean, etc. and especially placing buidlings on different parts of your farm. The one thing that really made me hate this game was one thing....... IT FROZE ON ME THIS MORNING, I seriously had amnesia from playing this game, I bought it last week, and I was finishing up the second mine, I was about to marry the mermaid, I was finishing up my first year, and when I saved it, it froze and now I have to start over from scratch. Well, screw that, I'm taking this back to the store today. Now that I'm done complaining, I would say that if you area huge Harvest Moon fan, then buy it and save a lot but switch off from the first and second save data, so that if one freezes, the other will load, other than that, I'm gonna wait for the Harvest Moon for the Wii to come out. Expand
  3. PatR.
    Feb 19, 2007
    Great game except that it freezes. Got married - wife expecting - saved game and when I tried to load it, it froze and I can't get into it. Not very happy - had 67,000,000 G. Lost everything. Lot of game time lost.
  4. NicoleW.
    Dec 28, 2006
    This game has so many glitches and it gets boring after a while. I would say dont waste your $34.99 on it because it freezes like crazy on you and you need to save like every second, so that when it does freeze you don't lose what you did.
    Oct 11, 2006
    Way to many glitches. Did they even bother testing it before they released it?

1. A sweet slice of handheld fun, but familiarity breeds contempt. [May 2007, p.83]
  2. With better visuals and touch screen controls this could have been a DS classic. As it is, it's a decent introduction to the genre we shall christen the farm 'em up. [May 2007, p.87]
  3. The game is every bit as cute and niche as ever, but it’s not even pretending to be anything new or innovative for fans – it’s just the same old slog once again, with only a few new faces and a few new things to see.