Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure DS

8.0

1. Nov 21, 2011
    This is one of my favourite games ever and certainly my favourite on the DS.

This is one of my favourite games ever and certainly my favourite on the DS.

Henry Hatsworth is not everyone cup of tea (excuse the pun), I'd suggest you either adore it, or aren't a fan. The innovative game combines platforming, action, and puzzle all with a good dollop of humour. The first 3-4 worlds are fairly simple and are pretty much there to try and prepare you for the final world which I should warn you, is very very difficult. Few people have played this game, but even fewer have finished it as it becomes very unforgiving later on punishing any mistakes. The puzzle element of the game almost starts out as a separate game because you get that much time to do it. But by the finals levels you must quickly switch between the two, attempting to get yourself extra life and power to be able to continue through the game. And the final boss is absolutely epic. A truly amazing game that those like myself who do finish it, will feel very smug and rightly so.
  2. Jan 11, 2015
    By George! What a spiffing game; festooned with charm and wealth. A jolly good show of the DS' capabilities: part platformer part puzzler and equal parts tremendous. Harry is a real good egg and this game oozes character.
  3. JoeMamma
    Mar 17, 2009
    How the hell did this game come out of EA? It is so charming and full of character, to anyone who doesn't like it I can only say: poppycock!
  4. YHJ
    Mar 30, 2009
    Chilli m, you sound exactly as if you JUST started the game. Just wait until you play until the third world. It's extreme difficultly really made me want to put down the game, but the robot suit and the constant updates it gets really makes it fun. I beat SMB3, and I find this game very challenging overall, and almost as challenging. Play it again, and play it until the third boss Chilli m, you sound exactly as if you JUST started the game. Just wait until you play until the third world. It's extreme difficultly really made me want to put down the game, but the robot suit and the constant updates it gets really makes it fun. I beat SMB3, and I find this game very challenging overall, and almost as challenging. Play it again, and play it until the third boss this time, will ya? Don't give a crap review, when you JUST started this amazing game. Expand
  5. MichaelJ
    Apr 17, 2009
    This titles staggering difficulty in the later stages is perfectly complimented by the ability to find hidden levels and non-mandatory upgrades to the suit, as well as extensive replay value and charming style and visuals. Simply up there with the best 2D platformers of all time.
  6. HolyCow
    Apr 5, 2009
    EA Tiburon? What? How? This is one of the greatest games I've ever played. Old school action at its finest with an addictive puzzle mode thrown in. I'd expect something like this from Treasure not EA! Pick this one up now. Immediately. Right now.
  7. NickB
    Apr 26, 2009
    This game is incredible. It's got amazing charm; the graphics are well done and stylized, the enemies are cute, and the voices are straight out of Animal Crossing. The gameplay is fast and furious and eases you into the gameplay at a decent speed. Be aware, though, that this game will get challenging the farther along you go. As a gamer who really isn't good at games, I felt the This game is incredible. It's got amazing charm; the graphics are well done and stylized, the enemies are cute, and the voices are straight out of Animal Crossing. The gameplay is fast and furious and eases you into the gameplay at a decent speed. Be aware, though, that this game will get challenging the farther along you go. As a gamer who really isn't good at games, I felt the difficulty ramped up at a very steady pace so that I was continuously challenged, but never overwhelmed. I fully recommend it to anyone who enjoys having fun. Expand

#17 Most Discussed DS Game of 2009
#50 Most Shared DS Game of 2009

1. Nintendo Power
    Neither game is particularly great on its own, but the two intersect in clever ways to become much more than the sum of their parts. [Apr 2009, p.83]
  2. Edge Magazine
    This is a delightfully risky experiment, and the end result is pure alchemy: the blending of two fiercely traditional genres into something both unique and entirely natural. [Apr 2009, p.125]
  3. While the platformer and the puzzler in Henry Hatsworth are perfectly competent, they're nothing special. Neither could be described as classic examples of their genre, and neither offer anything new. The switching mechanic does add interest, but not quite enough to make Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure a great game.