• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Sep 11, 2007
5.3

1. JasonO
    Feb 2, 2008
    This is the only game i ever bought that in 2 weeks traded back. I thought it was going to be a good game because I liked the idea of it being a guitar on your ds but no its just some "game" that lets you sound like a guitar with really bad distortion options, maybe its because I play guitar and wanted it to sound better, plus you can't do "power chords" on here either major downThis is the only game i ever bought that in 2 weeks traded back. I thought it was going to be a good game because I liked the idea of it being a guitar on your ds but no its just some "game" that lets you sound like a guitar with really bad distortion options, maybe its because I play guitar and wanted it to sound better, plus you can't do "power chords" on here either major down fall. This game gets a 2 because thats the amount of weeks i had it before I traded it in. Expand
  2. JohnG.
    Sep 23, 2007
    Great game, it's so easy to use and just pick up and play. The controls are incredibly intuitive and sensitive. I wouldn't compare it to Guitar Hero because it's NOT a Guitar Hero game. It is meant to be a creativity based game, not some button pressing rhythm game in which you can only play preloaded songs and aren't able to record you're own stuff.
  3. ChrisO.
    Sep 21, 2007
    This isn't a game, nor is it a very useful utility for guitarists, or those learning to play. Basically, this is Guitar Hero without any challenge whatsoever. And let's not mention how ridiculous a person would look if they whipped this out and started "strumming their DS" on the bus.
  4. EricE.
    Sep 14, 2007
    This "game" is great! I'm a music teacher and I just got this game. I'm working on getting this into the curriculum just because it is so much fun. I've played piano for 22 years, but have never had time to pick up and learn the guitar. This is literally the next best thing.

#64 Most Discussed DS Game of 2007

1. Official Nintendo Magazine UK
    Jam Sessions offers a toy for wannabe guitarists who don't have time to learn. [Oct 2007, p.87]
  2. Nintendo Gamer
    A logical evolution of "Guitar Hero." Being able to record our sounds and keep them ensures longevity. [Nov 2007, p.64]
  3. Jam Sessions is neat if you want to turn your DS into an acoustic guitar, but that's about all it does.