Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days DS

7.8

1. LJH
    Oct 22, 2009
    This game isn't perfect, but it's bloody close. For fans of the series then it's interesting to see the character development, especially between Roxas and Axel, and it's cool to see what was going on during that big gap between COM and KH2. Then there's the gameplay, which is fantastically done, despite the fact that you might have to take a break to rest your This game isn't perfect, but it's bloody close. For fans of the series then it's interesting to see the character development, especially between Roxas and Axel, and it's cool to see what was going on during that big gap between COM and KH2. Then there's the gameplay, which is fantastically done, despite the fact that you might have to take a break to rest your thumb every now and then. The story is a little loose, but very engaging and gives a deeper insight into the relationships between the characters. My biggest complaint about this game is that there are no new levels. All of the maps are lifted from the other games which is a bit of a rip off. Other than that there are no big holes in this game. Veteran fans will enjoy the story line, newcomers will be equally pleased with the gameplay and everyone will be pleased with how visually impressive it is for a handheld. Basic point you should take away from this review: BUY THIS GAME! Expand
  2. EoinD
    Oct 8, 2009
    I have to agree with the reviewers who say this is for Kingdom Hearts fans, but as a Kingdom Hearts fan, I can safely say that this is a fantastic addition to the series and is essentially a PS2 game squeezed into the DS, which is an amazing feat
  3. Fozzy
    Oct 8, 2009
    They did well transforming Kingdom Hearts into the DS. KH offers very mobile friendly play styles. In story mode, you get a series of quests you can go on. Each one feels like a reasonable amount of time. This format works well on the DS can you can pick-up-and-play and do one quest and put it back down or if you have more time, you can keep playing for a more common feeling, but one They did well transforming Kingdom Hearts into the DS. KH offers very mobile friendly play styles. In story mode, you get a series of quests you can go on. Each one feels like a reasonable amount of time. This format works well on the DS can you can pick-up-and-play and do one quest and put it back down or if you have more time, you can keep playing for a more common feeling, but one that's constantly broken up by returning to the castle (RTC). Playing the game like that will lessen the game, thankfully, that's not how DS games are typically played. The one big issue would be camera angles and zoning. There's a fair amount of problems with the camera not following the charters direction, requiring constant pressing of the "R" key to re-place the camera. Also, some angles feel awkward and hard to navigate and you might miss some jumps as you thought the way was clear, but wasn't due to the camera angle. Expand
  4. Oct 17, 2010
    I absolutely loved this game! My favorite Kingdom Hearts side game (not including Birth by Sleep, which isn't really a side game, but more like the console games). Great gameplay, and a beautiful story that has a very tearful ending (in fact, it was the first time I ever cried from a work of fiction!).
  5. May 22, 2011
    great game with a good story and gameplay and everyone should buy it it's not as good as the ps2 ones but it's still a fun game for any kingdom hearts fan will love it!!!
  6. Nov 18, 2011
    Squareenix creates another installation of the popular Kingdom Hearts series. This game takes place after Kingdom Hearts I , during Chain of Memories and before Part II. The game's storyline explains the events before part 2 and to the origin of Roxas who now plays the protagonist role. The game includes familiar worlds with a different set of routes from the previous games. The gameplaySquareenix creates another installation of the popular Kingdom Hearts series. This game takes place after Kingdom Hearts I , during Chain of Memories and before Part II. The game's storyline explains the events before part 2 and to the origin of Roxas who now plays the protagonist role. The game includes familiar worlds with a different set of routes from the previous games. The gameplay is similar but includes a complex structure compared to previous games. This is by far the most difficult Kingdom Hearts game and can be the most annoying at the same time. Not recommended for beginners of the series as you wont like the gameplay as much nor would you understand the storyline. Expand
  7. Nov 28, 2011
    Even though this game is technically a side-story, I really enjoyed it for its story and gameplay. The action-oriented combat helped this game felt more like a traditional Kingdom Hearts title than Chain of Memories. I had fun strategizing with the panel system once I started unlocking panels. For the first 8 or so missions you feel like you donâ
  8. May 9, 2013
    Probably kingdom hearts 358/2 days is one of the best games made ​​for the Nintendo DS. The plot is well done and moving, solid gameplay and really fun and great to be technically done for DS. The only flaw is that there is a wide variety of worlds but for the rest is done really well. Fans of the series will appreciate it very much.
  9. Feb 13, 2012
    In my opinion KH 358/2 has the best story ever seen in Kingdom Hearts' Saga. Some problem with control but is one of the best game played in my life. The explanation of Roxas' story makes this character probably one of my favourite hero (after Goku).
  10. Apr 8, 2012
    Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days is a remarkable experience you don't want to miss out on. If is very emotional and all the characters pull you in. The 3D worlds are an incredible feat for the DS to handle. It is quite impressive how Square Enix managed to scale down the PS2 worlds onto the DS.

The gameplay is just like how it was. Real time fighting with an RPG menu on your side. Through out the game, you take out on missions to do certain tasks. The tasks range from defeating an enemy to investigating a world.

You should get this masterpiece for your DS, it is really fun and it has an excellent story to back it up.
  11. Jul 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I absolutely adore Kingdom Hearts, but to be honest, I didn't expect much from this title. The only portable follow up to a full scale game I'd played before this was FFXII: Revenant Wings which was, in a word, terrible. Therefore, I was very happy when my preconceptions where proved wrong in what turned out to be a very enjoyable little game.
    Yes, it can get a bit repetitive at times, and the missions can be tedious if you're not in the mood, but you have to look beyond that. At the end of the day, the game tells the story of Roxas's origins, and as an avid KH fan I found that that in itself enough to maintain interest. The cutscenes, though few and far between, are nicely done.
    Despite what I said, a lot of the missions are quite fun to do and I really appreciated how the battle system is almost identical to the other KH titles. The new Heartless that are introduced are also a nice change. The Panel System is the only new addition to how you fight and level up, and it's fun to mess around with when you're upgrading keyblades/abilities.
    The basic outline of the story, if you've played Kingdom Hearts II, won't come as much of a surprise to you. However, it's the smaller details that you learn about the characters you thought you knew; as you play as Roxas and spend time in Organisation XIII, and meet the doomed Xion, you'll be glued to your DS - despite knowing the slightly dismal outcome. Whilst obviously it isn't going to contain heaps of character development, that which it does contain (especially I found with Axel), makes it an interesting game.
    Overall, a nicely done game, and a very enjoyable addition to the Kingdom Hearts series.
  12. Sep 16, 2014
    The best game ever I've ever seen, for Nintendo DS. Actually, story is extremely sad, but I still enjoyed the game. Graphics do not basically matter. The story, gameplay and combat is great. This game is fascinating, fantastic, it beats any Nintendo DS game. We all thank Square Enix for making such a wonderful game.

#8 Most Discussed DS Game of 2009
#12 Most Shared DS Game of 2009

1. Feb 6, 2011
    While it doesn't really add a great deal to the overall story of the series and recycles a lot of content from the previous games, what you'll find is a very enjoyable experience, chocked full of content that will keep you glued to your DS for a long while.
    If you've never liked Kingdom Hearts before, 358/2 Days will not sway your opinion, as it's basically the same action RPG seen on the Playstation 2 with a different (and one may argue, more interesting) customization system. However, if you like Kingdom Hearts or even action RPGs in general, 358/2 Days is a worthy game for you to spend time on.
  3. Nintendo Gamer
    It's worth putting up with the nonsense as this is a satisfying action RPG. [Dec 2009, p.68]