7.7

1. Jan 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the most disappointing and unnecessary Kingdom Hearts title I've ever played. It was the DS's first attempt at a KH title. Boy, does it show. Some of the controls are awkward and gameplay lacks variation. It's a mission-based game and a poorly made one at that. Almost all the missions are exactly the same: Beat up a certain number of Heartless and get out. The only good thing I can say about this game is the somewhat interesting story involving Axel, Roxas, and a newbie named Xion. Roxas is partnered with her at some point in the story and, as the tale goes on, Roxas begins to lose some of his powers due to Xion's unusual power-draining ability, which is something she's unaware of until nearing the end of the game. Also learning that she holds some of Roxas' memories, she tells Roxas that they must clash in order to restore him back to normal. I'm sure you can guess what happens next. Other than that, the game was a repetitive chore just to see that stuff. My opinion? Stay away from this game and just watch the cutscenes on Youtube. Expand
  2. Tomd
    Oct 13, 2009
    I really wanted to like this game due to the reviews. But the slow dialogue I ended up skipping in anger. The odd controls. The squint inducing scaled out graphics. Where the hell is mickey by the way. Fail. Go play bowsers inside story.
  3. Aug 2, 2014
    I did not like this game. I LOVE Kingdom Hearts 1, I even really like Kingdom Hearts II quite a bit but I did not care enough about Roxas to have an entire game about him. Of course, when I figured out this game WAS about him I was thoroughly disappointed and very much annoyed. I honestly didn't care about Roxas... at all much less enough to make a whole game about him. The controls wereI did not like this game. I LOVE Kingdom Hearts 1, I even really like Kingdom Hearts II quite a bit but I did not care enough about Roxas to have an entire game about him. Of course, when I figured out this game WAS about him I was thoroughly disappointed and very much annoyed. I honestly didn't care about Roxas... at all much less enough to make a whole game about him. The controls were awkward and I just.... didn't care AT ALL about the story nor did I get a reason to throughout the game. It's just bleh. The graphics are up to par and so is the music but neither of those saving graces are good enough to make the game worthwhile... Expand

1. Feb 6, 2011
    While it doesn't really add a great deal to the overall story of the series and recycles a lot of content from the previous games, what you'll find is a very enjoyable experience, chocked full of content that will keep you glued to your DS for a long while.
    If you've never liked Kingdom Hearts before, 358/2 Days will not sway your opinion, as it's basically the same action RPG seen on the Playstation 2 with a different (and one may argue, more interesting) customization system. However, if you like Kingdom Hearts or even action RPGs in general, 358/2 Days is a worthy game for you to spend time on.
  3. It's worth putting up with the nonsense as this is a satisfying action RPG. [Dec 2009, p.68]