7.8

1. Sep 16, 2014
    The best game ever I've ever seen, for Nintendo DS. Actually, story is extremely sad, but I still enjoyed the game. Graphics do not basically matter. The story, gameplay and combat is great. This game is fascinating, fantastic, it beats any Nintendo DS game. We all thank Square Enix for making such a wonderful game.
  2. Aug 2, 2014
    I did not like this game. I LOVE Kingdom Hearts 1, I even really like Kingdom Hearts II quite a bit but I did not care enough about Roxas to have an entire game about him. Of course, when I figured out this game WAS about him I was thoroughly disappointed and very much annoyed. I honestly didn't care about Roxas... at all much less enough to make a whole game about him. The controls wereI did not like this game. I LOVE Kingdom Hearts 1, I even really like Kingdom Hearts II quite a bit but I did not care enough about Roxas to have an entire game about him. Of course, when I figured out this game WAS about him I was thoroughly disappointed and very much annoyed. I honestly didn't care about Roxas... at all much less enough to make a whole game about him. The controls were awkward and I just.... didn't care AT ALL about the story nor did I get a reason to throughout the game. It's just bleh. The graphics are up to par and so is the music but neither of those saving graces are good enough to make the game worthwhile... Expand
  3. Jul 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I absolutely adore Kingdom Hearts, but to be honest, I didn't expect much from this title. The only portable follow up to a full scale game I'd played before this was FFXII: Revenant Wings which was, in a word, terrible. Therefore, I was very happy when my preconceptions where proved wrong in what turned out to be a very enjoyable little game.
    Yes, it can get a bit repetitive at times, and the missions can be tedious if you're not in the mood, but you have to look beyond that. At the end of the day, the game tells the story of Roxas's origins, and as an avid KH fan I found that that in itself enough to maintain interest. The cutscenes, though few and far between, are nicely done.
    Despite what I said, a lot of the missions are quite fun to do and I really appreciated how the battle system is almost identical to the other KH titles. The new Heartless that are introduced are also a nice change. The Panel System is the only new addition to how you fight and level up, and it's fun to mess around with when you're upgrading keyblades/abilities.
    The basic outline of the story, if you've played Kingdom Hearts II, won't come as much of a surprise to you. However, it's the smaller details that you learn about the characters you thought you knew; as you play as Roxas and spend time in Organisation XIII, and meet the doomed Xion, you'll be glued to your DS - despite knowing the slightly dismal outcome. Whilst obviously it isn't going to contain heaps of character development, that which it does contain (especially I found with Axel), makes it an interesting game.
    Overall, a nicely done game, and a very enjoyable addition to the Kingdom Hearts series.
  4. May 9, 2013
    Probably kingdom hearts 358/2 days is one of the best games made ​​for the Nintendo DS. The plot is well done and moving, solid gameplay and really fun and great to be technically done for DS. The only flaw is that there is a wide variety of worlds but for the rest is done really well. Fans of the series will appreciate it very much.
  5. Mar 1, 2013
    If you know the KH story or have played other titles in the franchise, you will want to play or at least watch a play through of it. The story for 358/2 Days explains the events that occur between the first game and part 2. I gave it 2 of it;s points just for that. However, I did not give it many more because of the presentation of the story. It felt chopped up and crude. It wasIf you know the KH story or have played other titles in the franchise, you will want to play or at least watch a play through of it. The story for 358/2 Days explains the events that occur between the first game and part 2. I gave it 2 of it;s points just for that. However, I did not give it many more because of the presentation of the story. It felt chopped up and crude. It was frustrating how you had your Kingdom Hearts story line, then the distracting Disney story lines that chopped it all up. The conversations were a little crude at times as well. It is a great game though for, really, anyone. Roxas' story is a sad, heart breaking, and also very romantic. All you need to get into this games story is to know a little about the first game. The controls were descent for a DS game, but I felt they where over stretching the limits a little. So to sum all that up, good for Disney fans, KH fans, and somewhat hard core gamers. Expand
  6. Feb 9, 2013
    A technically impressive game but not the most fun. The game focuses on events before kingdom hearts 2 with you playing as Roxas. The story has some good points particularly near the end but overall it just didn't interest me that much. It was nice to develop the characters of organization XIII more but it just felt unnecessary and uninteresting. The combat is all well and good except theA technically impressive game but not the most fun. The game focuses on events before kingdom hearts 2 with you playing as Roxas. The story has some good points particularly near the end but overall it just didn't interest me that much. It was nice to develop the characters of organization XIII more but it just felt unnecessary and uninteresting. The combat is all well and good except the DS's lack of buttons means we get the terrible camera controls from KH 1. Also the difficulty spikes return as well and come literally out of nowhere. Also the game adds nothing new with the same locations as in kingdom hearts 2 and no new characters except Xion who confuses the plot even more than it already was. Expand
  7. Feb 2, 2013
    The saddest part of the kh's story. Of course it's not even near the level of the ps2 titles and I expected a bit more from the graphics, but I still enjoyed it 'cause it's freaking kh.
  8. Jan 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the most disappointing and unnecessary Kingdom Hearts title I've ever played. It was the DS's first attempt at a KH title. Boy, does it show. Some of the controls are awkward and gameplay lacks variation. It's a mission-based game and a poorly made one at that. Almost all the missions are exactly the same: Beat up a certain number of Heartless and get out. The only good thing I can say about this game is the somewhat interesting story involving Axel, Roxas, and a newbie named Xion. Roxas is partnered with her at some point in the story and, as the tale goes on, Roxas begins to lose some of his powers due to Xion's unusual power-draining ability, which is something she's unaware of until nearing the end of the game. Also learning that she holds some of Roxas' memories, she tells Roxas that they must clash in order to restore him back to normal. I'm sure you can guess what happens next. Other than that, the game was a repetitive chore just to see that stuff. My opinion? Stay away from this game and just watch the cutscenes on Youtube. Expand
  9. Oct 3, 2012
    Flaws: it's heavily combat-focused, and it gets really repetitive over the course of the 30 hour campaign; the story-telling isn't too stellar (poor pacing and not much feeling of the player advancing the plot); and the camera is really annoying, as you'd expect in most 3D DS games. The worst example of the last flaw came with one giant flying boss fight where the target continually moved,Flaws: it's heavily combat-focused, and it gets really repetitive over the course of the 30 hour campaign; the story-telling isn't too stellar (poor pacing and not much feeling of the player advancing the plot); and the camera is really annoying, as you'd expect in most 3D DS games. The worst example of the last flaw came with one giant flying boss fight where the target continually moved, had lots of health, and really powerful attacks, which was all the more frustrating in that most magic attacks need perfect aiming, and when you attack with your Keyblade you stay in one spot, so the target's moved after the first hit.
    Good points: I actually got really into the story and these characters, even if they weren't the deepest or most complex out there. The only reason I persevered through the aforementioned annoying boss-fight was because I wanted to see how the story ended, and I'm glad I did. Also, while repetitive and frequently frustrating, the combat still had just enough satisfaction and fun to it to keep going. I also quite liked the panel system they implemented for switching between different weapons, magic attacks, items, and perks. The extra modes were quite interesting too, in which you can play through previous levels with one of over a dozen different characters, including other Organisation members, Donald, and Goofy. Overall, I found it good, but not great. It was interesting enough for me to see it through to the end, but you'll likely find it incredibly repetitive and more than a bit frustrating.
  10. Jun 23, 2012
    This installment of Kingdom Hearts was a unique experience. Granted, I've seen better, but this isn't that bad of a game. Unique multiplayer characters, each with their own unique weapons and fighting styles, somewhat make-up for a rather slow story. The dialogue frequently makes you want to skip, but at the same time you will miss the story if you do.
  11. Jun 18, 2012
    This is a decent game. The gameplay is the same as kingdom hearts(More or less). The story is good. The voice acting, of whats there, is pretty good. Also, the boss fights offer a decent challenge some of the time. Graphically, this game is one of the best on the D.S. The slot system is interesting but can be a real pain. The multiplayer is somewhat fun but some of the characters youThis is a decent game. The gameplay is the same as kingdom hearts(More or less). The story is good. The voice acting, of whats there, is pretty good. Also, the boss fights offer a decent challenge some of the time. Graphically, this game is one of the best on the D.S. The slot system is interesting but can be a real pain. The multiplayer is somewhat fun but some of the characters you unlock are downright terrible. Still, 358/2 is a decent game. Expand
  12. Apr 8, 2012
    Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days is a remarkable experience you don't want to miss out on. If is very emotional and all the characters pull you in. The 3D worlds are an incredible feat for the DS to handle. It is quite impressive how Square Enix managed to scale down the PS2 worlds onto the DS.

The gameplay is just like how it was. Real time fighting with an RPG menu on your side. Through out the game, you take out on missions to do certain tasks. The tasks range from defeating an enemy to investigating a world.

You should get this masterpiece for your DS, it is really fun and it has an excellent story to back it up.
  13. Feb 13, 2012
    In my opinion KH 358/2 has the best story ever seen in Kingdom Hearts' Saga. Some problem with control but is one of the best game played in my life. The explanation of Roxas' story makes this character probably one of my favourite hero (after Goku).
  14. Nov 28, 2011
    Even though this game is technically a side-story, I really enjoyed it for its story and gameplay. The action-oriented combat helped this game felt more like a traditional Kingdom Hearts title than Chain of Memories. I had fun strategizing with the panel system once I started unlocking panels. For the first 8 or so missions you feel like you donâ
  15. Nov 18, 2011
    Squareenix creates another installation of the popular Kingdom Hearts series. This game takes place after Kingdom Hearts I , during Chain of Memories and before Part II. The game's storyline explains the events before part 2 and to the origin of Roxas who now plays the protagonist role. The game includes familiar worlds with a different set of routes from the previous games. The gameplaySquareenix creates another installation of the popular Kingdom Hearts series. This game takes place after Kingdom Hearts I , during Chain of Memories and before Part II. The game's storyline explains the events before part 2 and to the origin of Roxas who now plays the protagonist role. The game includes familiar worlds with a different set of routes from the previous games. The gameplay is similar but includes a complex structure compared to previous games. This is by far the most difficult Kingdom Hearts game and can be the most annoying at the same time. Not recommended for beginners of the series as you wont like the gameplay as much nor would you understand the storyline. Collapse
  16. Sep 10, 2011
    While I enjoyed the two main Kingdom Hearts games, the portable releases have been rather weak. The developers deserve credit for adapting the gameplay of the console games on the DS but it's not without flaws. It's extremely difficult to control the camera to keep up with all the enemies, turning simple fights into frustrating ones. The repetitive and dull missions, which feel like aWhile I enjoyed the two main Kingdom Hearts games, the portable releases have been rather weak. The developers deserve credit for adapting the gameplay of the console games on the DS but it's not without flaws. It's extremely difficult to control the camera to keep up with all the enemies, turning simple fights into frustrating ones. The repetitive and dull missions, which feel like a tutorial for most of the game, really slow things down. The music and visuals are both very good, containing familiar areas, faces and tunes from the series. What really hurt the game is the weak story... for nearly the entire game, you're only given minor details and snippets of the story but I will say that the final few hours are absolutely fantastic and will put Kingdom Hearts II into a much more powerful perspective. This game is flawed but fans of the series will find some enjoyment in it. Expand
  17. May 22, 2011
    great game with a good story and gameplay and everyone should buy it it's not as good as the ps2 ones but it's still a fun game for any kingdom hearts fan will love it!!!
  18. Oct 17, 2010
    I absolutely loved this game! My favorite Kingdom Hearts side game (not including Birth by Sleep, which isn't really a side game, but more like the console games). Great gameplay, and a beautiful story that has a very tearful ending (in fact, it was the first time I ever cried from a work of fiction!).
  19. Nov 18, 2011

1. Feb 6, 2011
    While it doesn't really add a great deal to the overall story of the series and recycles a lot of content from the previous games, what you'll find is a very enjoyable experience, chocked full of content that will keep you glued to your DS for a long while.
    If you've never liked Kingdom Hearts before, 358/2 Days will not sway your opinion, as it's basically the same action RPG seen on the Playstation 2 with a different (and one may argue, more interesting) customization system. However, if you like Kingdom Hearts or even action RPGs in general, 358/2 Days is a worthy game for you to spend time on.
  3. It's worth putting up with the nonsense as this is a satisfying action RPG. [Dec 2009, p.68]