Kirby: Canvas Curse DS

8.0

1. DonaldDuck
    Dec 1, 2005
    This game was fun for about 10 minutes. Then all of the sudden it becomes more boring than waitng in line to get a root canal. I feel that Nintendo riped my of with this game.
  2. TongG.
    Nov 9, 2005
    Fun for about 20 min. cool idea boring gameplay. still think the gba titles are alot more fun.
  3. Dec 13, 2011
    this game is awesome ! I got it and beat it and I had so much fun !!!!! it is awesome !!!!!!!!!! so it is given a perfect ................ 9/10.....
  4. JustinC.
    Jun 16, 2005
    This game is AWESOME!!! if u own a ds, BUY THIS GAME!!! and if u dont ur missing out!
  5. JesseS.
    Jul 4, 2005
    I was skeptic of the DS and the whole touch screen deal. This game makes me a believer. Abstoundingly Amazematude! (I just made those words up)
  6. james
    Jun 21, 2005
    Simply the best game on DS. By far. Nothing else comes close. So why the 1/10? Well that tells you a lot about the other games.

If your even looking at this page your probably a DS lover who buys everything nintendo makes and has never seen a psp. For comparison look at the graphics from the ridge racers on psp and ds
  7. MehJ.
    Jun 22, 2005
    This game kicks butt.
  8. BasI.
    Jun 7, 2005
    Awesome game, can't stop playing it.
  9. DavidH.
    Jul 9, 2005
    I would give this game a 9.5 if I could, being nearly everything I could want of it, but just short of perfect. I haven't liked any of the DS games released to date until Kirby came out, as it is the first to not feel like a glorified tech demo game. It handles very well, in my opinion, though the subgame where you have to connect the dots seems a hair off. Plenty of unlockables and I would give this game a 9.5 if I could, being nearly everything I could want of it, but just short of perfect. I haven't liked any of the DS games released to date until Kirby came out, as it is the first to not feel like a glorified tech demo game. It handles very well, in my opinion, though the subgame where you have to connect the dots seems a hair off. Plenty of unlockables and getting 100% will keep you busy. The later levels are downright challenging as well. I'm very pleased with this product and would recommend it, hands down. This game is a lot of fun, even for this 26 year old who has never touched a Kirby game before. Expand
  10. mortenjohs
    Aug 30, 2005
    Brilliant! Utterly brilliant graphics and inventive gameplay!
  11. Highscore
    Aug 30, 2005
    My Best Game ever! Its so fun!!!
  12. CoreyS.
    May 20, 2006
    Out of all the adventure games for the DS, this one has the best use of the touch screen.
  13. AlejandroG.
    Aug 10, 2006
    Really fun and original game. Good replayability, and really good minigames. Lacks multiplayer support and a higher difficulty.
  14. SeriE
    May 10, 2009
    This game is amazing. Maybe the best Kirby game. The control style is innovative and easy to learn, the levels are replayable, the music / graphics are cheerful and bright and it's Kirby!!! Who doesn't love the cute little guy?
  15. NemoP
    Jan 15, 2010
    Best Kirby game I've played so far. My favorite part is the amazing art and music. It's one of those games that you have to try! : )
  16. JL
    Jun 17, 2005
    Another gound breaking game only on the Nontendo DS. A super fun mario/sonic the hedgehog-like adventure with a refreshing way to play the game. The Nintendo DS's stylus gives a breath of life to this Mario-type game. Graphics and sound are nice; i'd rate about an overall 8. Gameplay however rates.....a 10! Overall, a truly great game that will never, and can not, be ported onAnother gound breaking game only on the Nontendo DS. A super fun mario/sonic the hedgehog-like adventure with a refreshing way to play the game. The Nintendo DS's stylus gives a breath of life to this Mario-type game. Graphics and sound are nice; i'd rate about an overall 8. Gameplay however rates.....a 10! Overall, a truly great game that will never, and can not, be ported on the PSP. (a system which currently has and stated to release mostly rehashed "played-that-beat-that" games from the 1990's, sigh-yawn! ah memories!!!) And for you critics out there , yes I own a Nintendo DS and a Sony PSP and have almost every game released so far for both. And yes, girls play videogames too. Collapse
  17. AlbertK.
    Jun 22, 2005
    This has got to be one of the most creative games I've played in a while. A definite must have for the DS system. The gameplay mechanics are easy and fun, and the levels are extremely well designed. The medal swapping system adds tons of replay value, since you trying to do levels over and over again to get that last medal. Even doing that, though, is extremely fun, which is a mark This has got to be one of the most creative games I've played in a while. A definite must have for the DS system. The gameplay mechanics are easy and fun, and the levels are extremely well designed. The medal swapping system adds tons of replay value, since you trying to do levels over and over again to get that last medal. Even doing that, though, is extremely fun, which is a mark of a great game. Expand
  18. JordanD.
    Jun 23, 2005
    After so many mediocre titles, players finally have a great game in store.
  19. AlexH.
    Aug 13, 2005
    It is very simple game that is easy to just pick up and play.
  20. RobinH.
    Sep 10, 2005
    Fun, with a few difficult sections. Later levels are especially well designed with engaging puzzle portions. Beautiful backgrounds - plenty of replay value. And Kirby is so cute!
  21. AndrewI.
    Jan 21, 2006
    A very good and beautifull game. It uses the touch screen just perfect and its fun to play it all the time. Its a very good chalenge to make it out 100% and there are some goodies!
  22. RedL.
    May 5, 2006
    Very fun but not particularly challenging or long. Basically, if your willing to pay $30.00 for a game that'll last about a day or two go ahead. If not, give it a rent. Either way you'll have a pretty good time with it.
  23. CameronK.
    Dec 23, 2005
    This game is the best that I own for the DS right now. Great use of the touch screen, not so easy it bores you, and fun gameplay. This would be a 10 if they had made the graphics a little better than the previous games.
  24. KarlM.
    May 14, 2005
    Just got this on jp import and love it. What a pity that kirby is such a weak ninty charachter. I dought it will sell outside Japan which is a shame. PLEASE Nintendo give your strongest games to your strongest charachters in future or even better think up some NEW original ones.
  25. GerryR.
    Jun 15, 2005
    Probably the best game on the system so far.
  26. PaulScottodiP.
    Jun 15, 2005
    This is the game that all NINTENDO DS owners were waiting for, for a long time... It's finally here, and it's looking really good. The second you touch your DS screen, you enter Kirby's imaginative land, and you ask for more! This is the video game to get for your DS in order to wait for NINTENDOGS on August 22...
  27. Tomt.
    Aug 21, 2005
    This game is soooooo gooood its like the best game i ever played u gotta get it.
  28. JasonT.
    Jul 29, 2006
    a very innovative game that uses the touch screen to a great usage, above most titles. It can seem somewhat boring since you ONLY use the stylus, and it doesn't have as much action as the GBA titles, but it's a clevar idea, nontheless.
  29. RoverT
    Dec 27, 2008
    An excellent and very innovative game. I love the "painting" to get around, instead of using the buttons. This game is definatly a candidate for a sequel. The game is nice and long, and also includes minigames to play after youve beat it. Although once youve beaten it as Kirby, beating it as the other characters is redundant and boring. And dont try to get a perfect score on every single An excellent and very innovative game. I love the "painting" to get around, instead of using the buttons. This game is definatly a candidate for a sequel. The game is nice and long, and also includes minigames to play after youve beat it. Although once youve beaten it as Kirby, beating it as the other characters is redundant and boring. And dont try to get a perfect score on every single Rainbow Run, it is very difficult and you will just get frustrated. Expand
  30. Dec 19, 2012
    Loved Mass Attack, so I thought I'd pick up a used copy of this one for another fun, stylus driven Kirby game. But Mass Attack it is not. Kirby feels clunky to control; I'm constantly scribbling underneath him just to get him to go the right way or actually do what I want. Frequently I try to use his powers and end up getting hit or dying. The game also feels very...small. There's no worldLoved Mass Attack, so I thought I'd pick up a used copy of this one for another fun, stylus driven Kirby game. But Mass Attack it is not. Kirby feels clunky to control; I'm constantly scribbling underneath him just to get him to go the right way or actually do what I want. Frequently I try to use his powers and end up getting hit or dying. The game also feels very...small. There's no world map, very few unlockables. The music is good as always and it still looks bright and cheerful like a Kirby game should, but it's way more frustrating than fun. Expand
  31. Feb 27, 2013
    Not a Good Kirby Game. It is not the same as any other it is not a platformer. The game to me just is not that great. its not the worst kirby game. but its not the best.
  32. Jun 14, 2014
    By 10 I mean 9.50... Well, canvas curse is everything you want: fun and graphics, right? Yes, but the game play is hard and the game is punishingly difficult!! If you wan't to go hardcore, you can play as other characters, who have less health... They made it even harder!! God!
  33. Jul 19, 2016
    This game is great with it's unique plot and great gameplay. This is great but still can be flawed at some points. I highly recommend this amazing fun game!

#10 Most Discussed DS Game of 2005
#32 Most Shared DS Game of 2005

1. But there is some nice innovation, such as levels that are completely black until Kirby bumps into lanterns that put off light. And as we all know, in dark places like this, it's good to have a friend.
  2. With great 2D graphics, good sound and an awesome use of the touch screen, Canvas Curse is a must buy for anyone who owns Nintendo’s dual-screened wonder.
    A genuinely excellent game. It impresses on many levels, perhaps most of all for the simple fact that it's the first example of a traditional 2D platformer that genuinely works with no input besides a stylus.