Knights in the Nightmare DS

• Release Date: Jun 3, 2009
8.6

1. davej.
    Jun 12, 2009
    A game I just couldn't get into. I tried the tutorials and I realised what to do but its probably just not a game for me. I recommend this one only to massive fans of SRPG games because this is about as hardcore as it gets for the genre. Definitely not for everyone.
  2. JeremyS
    Aug 21, 2009
    Knights in the Nightmare is game that I wanted to like a lot more than I did. I commend Sting on creating something this unique and interesting, but it wasn't a game I wholeheartedly enjoyed. The whole game contradicts itself. The battle system is extremely confusing until you get the hang of it, then I came to the realization that it was deceivingly simple, just a bit convoluted. Knights in the Nightmare is game that I wanted to like a lot more than I did. I commend Sting on creating something this unique and interesting, but it wasn't a game I wholeheartedly enjoyed. The whole game contradicts itself. The battle system is extremely confusing until you get the hang of it, then I came to the realization that it was deceivingly simple, just a bit convoluted. The story is well written and has an epic scale, but I didn't feel any connection to most of the characters. (There are an astounding amount of units to recruit) On the other hand, the artwork and sprites are absolutely beautiful. The compelling music has a castlevania vibe going for it. (The game comes with a music CD with tons of tracks, good stuff) It's not a great game, but it is a good game that does a lot of interesting things. Most of these things work, some of them tried my patience. I'd highly recommend it to those who have patience and are fans of SRPG's. If you are neither of these, get this game at your own risk. Expand

#15 Most Discussed DS Game of 2009
#26 Most Shared DS Game of 2009

1. Game Informer
    An intriguing excursion into uncharted territory. [June 2009, p.93]
    Knights is something completely unique and as such has a learning curve. But, once the game is understood, it only gets better and better.
    If you're a series fan, there's no question that you need to play this game. For newcomers, I only offer this one warning: be ready for a challenge.