Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy DS

5.0

1. KrytenD.
    Sep 15, 2006
    The game is broken. It freezes, has flaws that make it impossible to progress, and has terrible pop-in and collision detection issues. Too bad. If those issues had been addressed BEFORE release, it could have been one of the must-buy DS games of the fall.
  2. RobertD.
    Sep 25, 2006
    The DS version freezes and has glitches that make it impossible to end the game. If given the chance I would ask for my money back.
  3. GlenP.
    Sep 15, 2006
    Unplayable. I returned it the next day. The camera control is terrible, and makes navigation quite difficult. The graphics are unimpressive, and display aliasing and clipping artifacts. Princess Leia turns invisible when walking through one passage of the first scene.
  4. GregL.
    Jan 16, 2007
    I have to echo the other comments regarding the total lack of quality control to let a game with this many glitches out for release. As I am sure, the manufacturer doesn't really care, they have our money and that's all that matters. I will definitely think twice before purchasing another product from this manufacturer.
    Sep 16, 2006
    Its okay, though, I shouldve bought the PC version. Lego Star Wars 1 was the greatest kid-game ive ever played. And it shouldnt even BE a kiddy game. But this.. its just a big glitch in itsself. Mario 64 had better graphics.. well, I mean the DS version of it. The character customizer is great with the touchpad, but I recommend the PC or Xbox 360 version.
  6. ErICbE
    Sep 18, 2006
    The game is full of bugs and was shipped out before completed.
  7. JasonM.
    Sep 28, 2006
    Bugs, bugs and more bugs. Shocking.
  8. TomA.
    Mar 2, 2007
    Sure, this game may be fun for a bit but after a while you realize this is just a glitchy repetitive game thats practically impossible to complete. Oh yeah, the vehicle sections are AWFUL!
  9. MariaH.
    Sep 23, 2006
    Great game on the Gamecube but the DS one is filled with glitches.
  10. JakeMurphy
    Jan 23, 2009
    A terrible game. A ton of glitches, couldn't understand what was happening in the clips at all. Plus it is impossible to get all the canasters seriously i've tried for a LONG TIME! The most percentige I have ever got was 97% and it gets boring after the first level, but the worst thing in that game is the sand box. It doesen't even make a little sence! and you can'tA terrible game. A ton of glitches, couldn't understand what was happening in the clips at all. Plus it is impossible to get all the canasters seriously i've tried for a LONG TIME! The most percentige I have ever got was 97% and it gets boring after the first level, but the worst thing in that game is the sand box. It doesen't even make a little sence! and you can't even do dagobah. Lastely that game can make you so mad, yet it can make you laugh so hard, because it's so messed up! Overall TERRIBLE! Expand
  11. DaveB.
    Nov 12, 2006
    Very fun when it isn't freezing up and needs to be reloaded. It was a huge waste of money, shocked all the gamer mags gave it such a good rating.
  12. Jun 1, 2013
    Terrible. I like the other LEGO games, but they get repetitive too :S
    This game is really broken too. People actually LOVE this game, why? Anyway, this game is $h!7. So don't buy it or download it.
  13. Dec 7, 2012
    this game deserves less than half, 1-Glitches 2-What the heck? moments 3-You can get stuck in a stage (maybe more than one) 4-Free Play. only positive things- 3D environments, good story gameplay, Custom character creator. Overall, 3.5/10 (I feel generous today)
  14. Jul 4, 2014
    Few games are as horrible as this game. The game is based of the godsend that is the console release of Lego Star Wars II, a puzzle action co-op game. This game, such as many ports, tries so hard to be as good as it's original format, but this is horrible. The game has been reversed into a puzzle game and takes away all action, although the action is there, it barely works do to thisFew games are as horrible as this game. The game is based of the godsend that is the console release of Lego Star Wars II, a puzzle action co-op game. This game, such as many ports, tries so hard to be as good as it's original format, but this is horrible. The game has been reversed into a puzzle game and takes away all action, although the action is there, it barely works do to this game's glitches. If you thought Sonic 06 was bad, this is your nightmare. It is so glitchy, you have to see it, as words can't describe it. The game features multiplayer, to this day I am CERTAIN that my friends and I are the only humans to test the battle mode in this game aside from the non existing game testers. The battle mode isn't entertaining in the least, it's just shooting each other in an arena with platforms. The only area where this game is fun, is in the cheats. You can enable cheats at ANY TIME, yes, during cutscenes too. This allows you to practically break the game, I have probably spent more time with cheats than I have spent playing the game. There are some other extras such as viewing a model of a spaceship while looking at a picture of the actual box of the product you are viewing in the top screen. It is neat, but it is a useless addition. Unless you are trying to find a worse game than Sonic 06 or E.T. , then stay away from this game at all costs. If you are a well known Youtuber or journalist, let the world know that we should not be destroying Shaq Fu, but rather Lego Star Wars II for DS, but not Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga for DS, because that one was awesome! Anyway, you get the point. Expand
  15. Nov 10, 2016
    When you buy this game, you expect good things. Right? WRONG!!! This game is full of bugs and glitches. One of my least favorite being one where you glitch of the map. Lightsaber Duel mechanics are all a big piece of crap. DO NOT PLAY.

#8 Most Discussed DS Game of 2006

If you think you can weather the barrage of glitches and occasionally having to quit and restart stages, then you'll probably have some fun with LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy. Of course, by buying it, you're also telling LucasArts that it's okay for it to release games that are clearly unfinished.
  2. Despite a litany of glitches, LEGO Star Wars II is a rousing action adventure game that lives up to expectations.
    I still grow bitter every time I have to restart, but there is something about the game that keeps me coming back time and time again, even if I'm frustrated.