• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Apr 25, 2006
8.3

1. Oct 13, 2013
    I know it is extremely late to be writing a review for this game, but I just picked it up used and loved it! The combination of simple RTS gameplay with frantic DS scribbling is entertaining and engaging. That's what the game is all about too, so I won't even knock more than one point off for the story. I have had so many last minute wins/losses in this game! I wish I had picked it up earlier so I could play online, because I'm sure that would be very interesting with the sheer variety of spells (read strategies) available. I got stuck in single player a few times as I'm sure some of the professional critics did, but go online and you can get the tip you need to move on. After you figure out that the game isn't strictly rock-paper-scissors, then you can start building attack plans in new and sometimes esoteric ways my best record for a battle was 11 seconds because of one such maneuver enjoy the game if you can find a used copy! Expand
  2. Nov 15, 2013
    One of the most creative and fun RTS games ever. Certainly the best available on the DS. The reviews aren't great for this game but give it a chance, you might love it as much as I do. Highly recommended!
  3. AnonymousMC
    Feb 3, 2009
    This isn't a game that you can just put down and play from time to time. It should probably be a game for the more deep-type of gamer and not just a casual one. The more you play the more you realize the originality of the game, which is rare these days. The path finding of the monsters is a lacking feature that often forces you to attend to them instead of healing, causing you or your monsters to die, which is a draw back to a clean slate.
    Still, if you're willing to sit down and chill for an hour or two, this is the perfect game for you.

1. The only downside to this game as a whole is the fact that the main focus is the spell-casting system and the ability to control and upgrade groups of monsters; the further into the game you get, the more the plot takes a backseat to the spell gameplay and strategic battles. [JPN Import]
    Lost Magic strives to accomplish something innovative and enjoyable, it falls short in its implementation, resulting in a game that frustrates and disappoints.
  3. It plays to the DS' strengths, and when it all clicks, it's a lot of fun. Just be prepared to brute force your way through a lot of frustrating misfires if you decide to go for it.