• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Apr 25, 2006
8.1

1. Apr 8, 2011
    I got this game in 2007, looking for a decent RPG. Unfortunately, this game is severely lacking, falling victim to the issues that seem to be plaguing the genre as a whole in the past decade or so. Only recently was I willing to pick it back up and play it through. Graphics and artwork are excellent. The storyline is a sub-par and quite predictable. The combat system DROVE ME INSANE.I got this game in 2007, looking for a decent RPG. Unfortunately, this game is severely lacking, falling victim to the issues that seem to be plaguing the genre as a whole in the past decade or so. Only recently was I willing to pick it back up and play it through. Graphics and artwork are excellent. The storyline is a sub-par and quite predictable. The combat system DROVE ME INSANE. I can't draw to save my life, and my handwriting isn't great either, so I found the rune casting system to be very unforgiving. I frequently found myself failing to cast my runes frequently through the entire game. I do agree that it's nothing to judge till you're at least 2-5 hours in, but that's only because the battle system takes about that long (or longer) to become complex enough to be interesting. It's not awful, but in all honesty, it sat in my closet for four years. Take that as you will. Expand

1. The only downside to this game as a whole is the fact that the main focus is the spell-casting system and the ability to control and upgrade groups of monsters; the further into the game you get, the more the plot takes a backseat to the spell gameplay and strategic battles. [JPN Import]
    Lost Magic strives to accomplish something innovative and enjoyable, it falls short in its implementation, resulting in a game that frustrates and disappoints.
  3. It plays to the DS' strengths, and when it all clicks, it's a lot of fun. Just be prepared to brute force your way through a lot of frustrating misfires if you decide to go for it.