Lux-Pain DS

6.2

1. Z
    Apr 8, 2009
    This game is mostly gonna be a love it or hate type game. First off the bad, the game play is pretty boring, translation errors (minor but obvious), and slow pace. The good? A rather fantastic story and a great set of characters. Honestly this game would probable make a better anime then game. Actually this game is pretty much a visual novel. So yeah. Um lots of fun try it for the This game is mostly gonna be a love it or hate type game. First off the bad, the game play is pretty boring, translation errors (minor but obvious), and slow pace. The good? A rather fantastic story and a great set of characters. Honestly this game would probable make a better anime then game. Actually this game is pretty much a visual novel. So yeah. Um lots of fun try it for the endering story at least. Expand
  2. Sep 28, 2013
    While this game isn't the cream of the crop, it would have been much better if the translation weren't so marred. It wasn't really so much a game as it was a visual novel, with very few gameplay elements, and few instances of them showing up. And even with a better translation, I still feel like the ending felt rather muddled. The majority of characters I couldn't get attached to or careWhile this game isn't the cream of the crop, it would have been much better if the translation weren't so marred. It wasn't really so much a game as it was a visual novel, with very few gameplay elements, and few instances of them showing up. And even with a better translation, I still feel like the ending felt rather muddled. The majority of characters I couldn't get attached to or care about, but a few hit my sweet spot. What makes this especially sad is that the game's art direction was beautiful.
    Music: 8
    Art: 8
    Gameplay: 6
    Writing: 6
    Bottom line: Ultimately a disappointing "game" but it could have done better if there was more effort put into it. I would play a proper re-release, however.

#29 Most Discussed DS Game of 2009
#27 Most Shared DS Game of 2009

1. Nintendo Power
    It may look and - thanks to strong voice acting - sound like a potentially compelling anime series, but as a playable video game, Lux-Pain is a nonstarter. [Apr 2009, p.85]
    Lux-Pain sports a slick anime art style, which is quickly overshadowed by inane seek-and-find gameplay and a baffling story. This is a very strange choice of game for Ignition to localize.
    The premise, when paraphrased, is an interesting one and as a huge fan of last year's Time Hollow and any good mystery in general, I'm always willing to sit through any amount of text if it provides a means to an end, or at the very least, something somewhat cohesive. Lux-Pain fails on both accounts, serving as a poorly thrown together, somewhat interactive novel that really doesn't know what it wants to be - or, if it does know, it certainly doesn't want to be a game.