Magical Starsign DS

7.8

1. Feb 2, 2013
    I love this game, it is fun, crazy and magical. The names of the characters are often funny and there are many worlds and strange creatures. The pyrites are so much fun!
  2. Feb 8, 2012
    A fine RPG. Story is pretty low and the combat is simple. Still its a fun and easy game. If you like Paper Mario and like your RPG without too much story, its perfect.
  3. Tijntje
    Nov 2, 2007
    Some reviewers wrote it didn't have much special, but I wasn't waiting for something special, I was waiting for a nice an light RPG to play.
    Simply one of the best Nintendo handheld RPGs I've seen in times, becouse what else was there besides Final Fantasy and Golden Sun? Be fair...
  4. LisaA.
    Mar 1, 2007
    I enjoyed the game. It isn't an extremely difficult game to play but it does have it's challenges and twists. The animation is very well done and the plot of the game is well thought out.
    I actually enjoyed the touch screen. You can play the whole game while laying on your bed and just using the stylus to move, use objects, etc. No need to crank your head up and getting freaking arthitis because of the pushing buttons constantly.
    The really hardcore RPer probably would not enjoy this game because it is not a game where you have to play for 2 hours or so to get 2 experience points(WoW!) for your characters.
  5. JonN.
    Feb 15, 2007
    Every once in awhile, a game slips through the fingers of most reviewers. And while, Magical Starsign may not have as hard hunt for the hardcores, this game provides enough twists and turns, beasts and beautiful animations to make any RPG fan salivate.
  6. Feb 8, 2012

#36 Most Discussed DS Game of 2006
#18 Most Shared DS Game of 2006

1. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    The biggest problem, however, is the wonky stylus control. [Nov. 2006, p.140]
  2. Game Informer
    In the end, it's difficult to determine which would be worse; a day with this game or a day back in sixth grade. [Nov. 2006, p.142]
  3. A throwback to the bygone days of the RPG genre - whether that's a good or a bad thing depends on your tastes. But even players who aren't retro-fans will be hard-pressed to consider Magical Starsign a truly bad game.