Mario Kart DS DS

8.6

1. Adultgamer
    Dec 1, 2005
    not a bad attempt but still nothing compairs to the original SNES version. i think its time to upgrade to a better handheld. and while we are hear have you seen the mess of burnout DS, this hand held is just not made to display 3D graphics.
  2. GeorgeC.
    Apr 7, 2007
    I read the reviews and they were all good for Mario Kart DS. I thought that it would actually be a good game, since the DS doesn't have many fun games. I got my DS about a year ago and I got it with a game, Metroid Prime Hunters, which I didn't enjoy playing. I haven't touched my DS for about 6 months and I thought this game would change that, but when I got it, it was very I read the reviews and they were all good for Mario Kart DS. I thought that it would actually be a good game, since the DS doesn't have many fun games. I got my DS about a year ago and I got it with a game, Metroid Prime Hunters, which I didn't enjoy playing. I haven't touched my DS for about 6 months and I thought this game would change that, but when I got it, it was very dissapointing. The graphics are pretty bad. The handling for the cars is impossible to get used to. The sound is repetitive and I ended up playing with the sound off. This game has only a few tracks, and they got boring after the first or second time I raced on them (One track held my interest for maybe five races though). After a day of playing this game I am afraid to say that my DS will begin collecting dust on my shelf, until another game that looks fun comes around. Expand
  3. ZackP.
    Sep 29, 2007
    This game is not that good it is way to easy.
  4. CaitlinA
    Aug 29, 2009
    When I got this I already had the Wii version and I expected it to be great. It isn't really that good and you can get bored so easily that's why I'm only giving it a 4. I'd give Mario Kart Wii a 9 though =)
  5. DonaldR
    Dec 29, 2009
    Talk about false advertising! I saw this game on one of ant and decs adverts being a big fan of ant and dec and britains got talent i presumed it would include stars from the show like susan boyle and paul potts but no all it has was some stupid italian steriotypes and poorly designed side characters Also this game is incredibly anti enviormental! oil spills are treat as if they are a Talk about false advertising! I saw this game on one of ant and decs adverts being a big fan of ant and dec and britains got talent i presumed it would include stars from the show like susan boyle and paul potts but no all it has was some stupid italian steriotypes and poorly designed side characters Also this game is incredibly anti enviormental! oil spills are treat as if they are a good thing! not to mention all the fumes from the cars honestly what sort of message is nontendo trying to give! do not buy this for you or your children it is downright terrible who wants to play as some guy called mario or luigi they dont even have number 1 hits! Expand
  6. May 7, 2011
    Every Mario Kart game is biased. I was playing multiplayer with my friend and I noticed whenever she was first there was absolutely no blue shells. When I was first I got absolutely annihilated. Plus it's all the same and little skill is needed.
  7. Apr 24, 2012
    A really really boring and bad game.The game has no point to it at all.The mission are so so BORING!
  8. AnonymousMC
    Nov 24, 2006
    DS Sucks DS Sucks DS Sucks DS Sucks DS Sucks DS Sucks DS Sucks DS Sucks DS Sucks PSP Rocks PSP Rocks PSP Rocks PSP Rocks PSP Rucks DS SUCKS PSP ROCKS
  9. Jan 28, 2016
    It was one of the first mario kart games I played and it did not entertain me all that much also the graphics suck and it really is bad game.In other words the worst game in the series(Mario kart 5)

#1 Most Discussed DS Game of 2005
#1 Most Shared DS Game of 2005

Everything about MKDS comes together into a surprisingly compelling package, a portable racing game on par with anything ever to appear on a console.
  2. Reason alone to own the DS platform. All of the fun that has been intrinsic to the series is intact, and the much-anticipated online component simply seals the deal. This is best game in the series by far, and perhaps the best kart-style racing game ever to come along.
    It's hard to imagine how Nintendo's going to improve on what they've done for this stunning portable rendition. There's so much gameplay and depth in this design, moreso than the series has ever had in the past.