Mario Kart DS DS

8.6

1. Adultgamer
    Dec 1, 2005
    not a bad attempt but still nothing compairs to the original SNES version. i think its time to upgrade to a better handheld. and while we are hear have you seen the mess of burnout DS, this hand held is just not made to display 3D graphics.
  2. AnonymousMC
    Nov 24, 2006
    DS Sucks DS Sucks DS Sucks DS Sucks DS Sucks DS Sucks DS Sucks DS Sucks DS Sucks PSP Rocks PSP Rocks PSP Rocks PSP Rocks PSP Rucks DS SUCKS PSP ROCKS
  3. JamesD.
    Jan 30, 2006
    An excellent game to play both wireless and alone.
  4. MathewA.
    Jan 8, 2006
    Mario Kart DS is worth buying for the single player experience alone, but the addition of online gameplay and wireless multiplayer make it a must-buy for any DS owner out there. Not quite a ten, but pretty damn close.
  5. MichaelA.
    Mar 30, 2006
    This game is so unbelievably great! My only downside is that the AI is too easy, but I found a way to make beating the computers harder. This game definitely deserves a 10. Nintendo, you've done it again!
  6. C.Henry
    Jul 21, 2006
    All the best aspects of Mario Kart, and you can bring it with you. Local WiFi and worldwide online play is awesome (except for snakers.)
  7. SaphireP.
    Mar 4, 2007
    If you don't have an wireless connection it's an awful shame because you're missing out on a lot of fun that could be have, but even without online multiplayer the game fares well in itself with bonus mission and time trial modes, it puts itself up as the best and most popular Mario Kart title in the series so far. Keep on kartin'
  8. GraedenN
    Oct 13, 2009
    Love this game, the best game I've ever play on the DS. Awesome graphics and ability to make your own emblems for other people to see on Wifi.
  9. HartD.
    Nov 15, 2005
    Best racing game ever on a handheld, possibly the best handheld game ever. It is worth buying a DS just to play MK: DS. Online is flawless, including a handy rival mode where you are paired with people at your level of skill.
  10. AnonymousMC
    Nov 18, 2005
    I have to agree with "the knife" below... its so good it makes double dash poop. although i never had an hour long professional blowjob, or an iv drip of rich belgian chocolate, I too just shit myself playing this amazing title. best kart game ever!!! the only way i would give up this game is for that 1 hr long professional blowjob.... then i would go out and buy it all over again.
  11. AnthonyC.
    Jan 19, 2006
    MKDS is a great game. It does what it sets out to do. Quick, VERY fun spurts of gaming. Excellent and smooth graphics. I play this portable game on WIFI more than I play my consoles. A must buy if you have WIFI.
  12. BlueFalcon
    Dec 24, 2006
    Mission mode is an excellent addition to the series. The single player grand prix was getting a little stale just on it's own. The ai is quite excellent - it's not the horrible elasticband stuff from mk 64. I have 1 minor gripe about the entire game. When off the track, the sand/mud/grass slows you down way too much. It kind of takes away from the authenticism of the retro Mission mode is an excellent addition to the series. The single player grand prix was getting a little stale just on it's own. The ai is quite excellent - it's not the horrible elasticband stuff from mk 64. I have 1 minor gripe about the entire game. When off the track, the sand/mud/grass slows you down way too much. It kind of takes away from the authenticism of the retro tracks since none of the other games had it. Offroading is too punishing, but doesn't prevent mk ds from being an outstanding game. Expand
  13. JimmyK.
    Jan 26, 2006
    This is an awesome game especially if you have wifi. If you don't you can still play up to 7 people only if one person has the game. Perfect for school bus rides!
  14. AlexP.
    Jan 3, 2006
    Immense! Well and truely! Delivers the goods just like any of its predecessors. Cant wait to get my WiFi USB connecter and play against the World. Good going Nintendo!
  15. JG
    Feb 10, 2006
    This is what the DS has been waiting for, finally a game that is very entertaining and the online mode is awesome!
  16. Richard
    Apr 11, 2006
    Wow! This game definitely lived up to the hype! The graphics are smooth and slick and the controls are very simple easy to learn. The online experience is incredible and setting up is just as easy as turning on the game. There are tons of modes and stuff that you can do. In addition to the grand prix and time trials, you have over 50 unique missions that are designed to improve your Wow! This game definitely lived up to the hype! The graphics are smooth and slick and the controls are very simple easy to learn. The online experience is incredible and setting up is just as easy as turning on the game. There are tons of modes and stuff that you can do. In addition to the grand prix and time trials, you have over 50 unique missions that are designed to improve your skills offensively and defensively. Mario Kart DS is truly a masterful racing game; it is a Mario kart fan's dream come true. It has brought the Mario kart series into full gear and boy, what a rush of fun! Expand
  17. BalthamosN.
    Apr 3, 2006
    Pretty fun game. If you liked Mario Kart 64, then you will probably like this game. As in all racing games, you go through tournaments and circuits. A new addition is missions; you are told to do something "like collect x coins in x seconds". Those will keep you occupied for a little bit. Multiplayer makes it a blast to play. Theres nothing better than playing with a bunch of your Pretty fun game. If you liked Mario Kart 64, then you will probably like this game. As in all racing games, you go through tournaments and circuits. A new addition is missions; you are told to do something "like collect x coins in x seconds". Those will keep you occupied for a little bit. Multiplayer makes it a blast to play. Theres nothing better than playing with a bunch of your MarioKart 64 vet friends and the horrifying scream of "blue shell". A must if you like Mario Kart. Expand
  18. MarioS.
    Jul 15, 2006
    I love this game, It's great, I havn't figured out the best racer yet, It's great though.
  19. AlejandroG.
    Aug 10, 2006
    It lacks the necessary variety in the single player mode. Overhandicapped in multiplayer mode.
  20. TimS.
    Jan 6, 2007
    This game is like Halo 2...the reason it is so amazing is because of the online feature. It is a great game but they need more new levels. There's like 6. Otherwise they just combine levels from double dash and Mario Kart 64 and Super Circuit. BUY IT
  21. TomW.
    Feb 8, 2007
    One of the best DS games, just too bad the Wi-Fi play doesn't let 8 people getting connected, like in the wireless multiplayer.
  22. AndyV.
    Mar 1, 2007
    OMG! I LOVE this game! It by far outstrips mksuper! This is the first true must have Nintendo game of the decade. Keep the MK's coming!
  23. GeorgeC.
    Apr 7, 2007
    I read the reviews and they were all good for Mario Kart DS. I thought that it would actually be a good game, since the DS doesn't have many fun games. I got my DS about a year ago and I got it with a game, Metroid Prime Hunters, which I didn't enjoy playing. I haven't touched my DS for about 6 months and I thought this game would change that, but when I got it, it was very I read the reviews and they were all good for Mario Kart DS. I thought that it would actually be a good game, since the DS doesn't have many fun games. I got my DS about a year ago and I got it with a game, Metroid Prime Hunters, which I didn't enjoy playing. I haven't touched my DS for about 6 months and I thought this game would change that, but when I got it, it was very dissapointing. The graphics are pretty bad. The handling for the cars is impossible to get used to. The sound is repetitive and I ended up playing with the sound off. This game has only a few tracks, and they got boring after the first or second time I raced on them (One track held my interest for maybe five races though). After a day of playing this game I am afraid to say that my DS will begin collecting dust on my shelf, until another game that looks fun comes around. Expand
  24. DesmondF.
    Jun 3, 2007
    best mariokart game ever
  25. DavidN.
    Jun 3, 2007
    It isn't perfect by any means, but it's the best racing game on the DS, and I dare say, THE best game on the DS at the moment. From the lame trend of 'casual games' for the DS, I see Mario Kart being the top title for a long time.
  26. OliverE.
    Aug 31, 2007
    Mario Kart is the best ! I like it because it is really challenging and all the characters are so cool ! I love the item attacks because they seem so weird ! I hope this gets into you. It's the best game Nintendo have ever created
  27. ZackP.
    Sep 29, 2007
    This game is not that good it is way to easy.
  28. HexenM.
    Sep 7, 2007
    I like this game but their are not enough corses to play on. It is fun at all turms.The Wi-fi mode is fun and meny times I've gotten 1st place in it. I wish that their were more corses.I would give it a 9 out of 10.
  29. JulianR
    Nov 10, 2008
    An absolutely brilliant game. One of the best DS games ever made. My only issue is it's very easy to get frustrated, especially with 150 cc mirror.
  30. 4Boys
    Jan 3, 2008
    Mario Kart is brilliant. There are lots of characters, karts and tracks. 4 players can play against each other - great fun.
  31. johnl
    Aug 7, 2009
    it is one of the best games in the world. best graphics in the world today but it is hard to find things on the internet that is on the game
  32. MikeB.
    Nov 14, 2005
    This game is excellent, it combines the best parts of all the previous games and then adds some awesome now parts.
  33. Salmon
    Nov 16, 2005
    So freckin´ awesome. Best Mario Kart ever made.
  34. DarrenZ.
    Nov 16, 2005
    There's really nothing bad to say about this one. I took off one point because of the anemic online options and lack of Rumble Pak support, but those are niggling criticisms at best. This is a terrific game!
  35. JackS.
    Nov 21, 2005
    i think it was really good but one down is that i finished it in about 1 and a half days(and i wasn't playting it continously). all in all i thought is was EXCELLENT*. * May be biased
  36. JoshG.
    Nov 28, 2005
    This is the best game for the ds so far and it allows gamers to play for hours at a time with the story, multiplayer download play, and Wi-Fi internet. In my eyes this game is flawless.
  37. BobJ.
    Dec 9, 2005
    Great racing game, Mario Kart fans will love this game. You get more karts, new tracks, and sweat unlocable chacters.
  38. ChiltonP.
    Oct 2, 2006
    I loved this game. Its one of the best racing games to date. I beat it so mant times but I still love it.
  39. BrianD.
    Jan 29, 2006
    A perfect Mario Kart game. Wish there were more N64 tracks though.
    Mar 16, 2006
    Best DS game
  41. JohnnyD.
    Apr 27, 2006
    this game really good challanging and fun , their are some raelly good tracks many fun caracktars and unlockabals.
  42. CameronC.
    Apr 28, 2006
    Mario Kart has always been an addictive game to play in your spare time, and this one keeps the tradition on. This game also features much more for replay value such as mission mode, and online gameplay to test yourself against the greatest gamers out their. The only question that i ponder is how will nintendo top their next Mario Kart game after this one?
  43. CoreyS.
    May 20, 2006
    A great game that you can play over and over again. The best new addition to the series is the online play. The online may be missing some of the things from single player but it's great to finally have a good challenge.
    Jul 27, 2006
    The best racing game, and Mario game, ever, without a doubt.
  45. ChrisH.
    Aug 10, 2006
    Although this game is truly addicting and great graphically, once completed you can probably beat any track and come first in the hardest setting. The wifi is good, but again unreliable and when you play the other players are in the bloody air. Other than this the game is amazing!
  46. WoahW.
    Aug 22, 2006
    Great Game
  47. Jon
    Jan 3, 2007
    The game is very fun, offers a lot of cars, Mirror Mode is an unexpected feature, and the ballon battles, shine runners, and missions make it very versatile depending on your intrests in a racing game. Allowing custom logos is awesome.
  48. AustinB.
    Feb 5, 2007
    This game is great I just played it today on my friend ds (my other friend let me use the game).This game is one of the best out of seven games I've played in my life!
  49. HollyM.
    Mar 5, 2007
    I play this game all the time, and I don't get tired of it. It's better than other racing games. I play every chance I get. When I race I feel like I'm really driving. You can hook up to 7 other players. You can unlock different tracks, carts, and drivers. There are 32 different tracks in all. There are over 8 drivers. You can even use WI-FI connection.
  50. DennisI.
    Jul 11, 2007
    It's my favorite DS-Game, it was not cheap, but the money was worth it.
  51. MichaelR.
    Oct 25, 2008
    One word: over-rated. Reading that, you might be wondering why I gave it an 8. Simply put, this is a solid title, and certainly the best game in the Mario Kart series, but it simply does not live up to the hype surrounding it. What you have in this title is a simplistic, cute, and engaging racing game. Nothing more, nothing less. There are a number of options, but most do not add anything One word: over-rated. Reading that, you might be wondering why I gave it an 8. Simply put, this is a solid title, and certainly the best game in the Mario Kart series, but it simply does not live up to the hype surrounding it. What you have in this title is a simplistic, cute, and engaging racing game. Nothing more, nothing less. There are a number of options, but most do not add anything of substance to the title (the exception is the terrific missions mode, which adds some challenge to this title). This is a fun game that will entertain almost anyone (young and old, racing fans and non-racing fans alike; I personally hate racing games; but this is more skin to Wacky Racers than it is Nascar or Gran Turismo: it has a goofy sense of fun that makes it a joy to play), But do not approach this expecting the greatest title on the DS. At least in my opinion, it isn't. But it is a fun and simple game that has infinite replayability. Expand
  52. MartinN.
    Jan 3, 2008
    Nice graphics, great gameplay and multiplayer, loads of content - a must buy game!
  53. Myself
    Feb 23, 2008
    Certainly one of the best DS titles. I would put this at the top of my list of favorite DS games right next to Phantom Hourglass. I thought this game was a masterpiece. For starters the graphics look really good considering it is a handheld. Also, the controls feel very nice and the menu is very easy to navigate through using the touch screen. I am very happy to see that they brought back Certainly one of the best DS titles. I would put this at the top of my list of favorite DS games right next to Phantom Hourglass. I thought this game was a masterpiece. For starters the graphics look really good considering it is a handheld. Also, the controls feel very nice and the menu is very easy to navigate through using the touch screen. I am very happy to see that they brought back some of the race courses from the previous Mario Kart games as well. Heck, there are 8 cups in the game, making twice as long as any other Mario Kart game. One with classic tracks, such as Rainbow Road and Moo Moo Farm and then 4 brand new cups. I believe this is a game that should be owned by all Mario Kart fans if not all DS owners. This is an amazing, amazing game. Expand
  54. KikaE.
    Aug 9, 2008
    This game was a fun ride! My only complaint is that snaking is too easy to do, and overpowers people who choose to do that. And this game is no where near easy, very challenging, whether it be WiFi or 150cc Mirror or not.
  55. WhyNot?
    Feb 16, 2009
    When I first played Mario Kart DS, waaaay back in 2006, I thought "hmm, this is probably the same as Mario Kart 64 and the original for the SNES". Two minutes was all it took to change my mind. After playing one track, I realized that I was holding a masterpiece. Of course, you may wonder "isn't this the same Mario Kart as the last 4 versions?" Aha, but that's where you're When I first played Mario Kart DS, waaaay back in 2006, I thought "hmm, this is probably the same as Mario Kart 64 and the original for the SNES". Two minutes was all it took to change my mind. After playing one track, I realized that I was holding a masterpiece. Of course, you may wonder "isn't this the same Mario Kart as the last 4 versions?" Aha, but that's where you're wrong. With 16 brand-new tracks, 12 characters to race with (anyone remember ROB?), and multiplayer capabilities both locally and online, this is probably better than any other version. For a DS game, the graphics are beautiful -- it may not look like the Wii version, but what more do you want from a handheld? The music on the tracks is surprisingly catchy, too. My only gripe is the limited Wi-Fi capabilities. Why not be able to have an eight-player race? That's the only thing keeping me from giving it a higher score. I give Mario Kart a 93 out of 100. Expand
  56. CaitlinA
    Aug 29, 2009
    When I got this I already had the Wii version and I expected it to be great. It isn't really that good and you can get bored so easily that's why I'm only giving it a 4. I'd give Mario Kart Wii a 9 though =)
  57. WesG.
    Nov 16, 2005
    As if the nostalgia of seeing the old SNES tracks in 3D wasn't enough, the new tracks are fantastic (especially in the unlockable courses). The single player game gets a little old, but as with all Mario Karts, it's really all about the multiplayer. Single cart play, while restricted, really doesn't get old.
  58. TheKnife
    Nov 16, 2005
    unbe-Fing-lievable. makes double dash look like poop. if other games are crack this is just something else entirely. An hour-long professional blow job. an IV drip of rich belgian chocolate. that or I just shit myself.
  59. JeffE.
    Nov 22, 2005
    However kicka.s it is, the online play still leaves much to be desired - especially given the fact that they included mock versions of the battle modes just to show us indeed how awesome those modes would be if they were online. I also find that there are limited choices with setting up a game with both friends and random strangers etc. It's more of a roulette game - which is fine. However kicka.s it is, the online play still leaves much to be desired - especially given the fact that they included mock versions of the battle modes just to show us indeed how awesome those modes would be if they were online. I also find that there are limited choices with setting up a game with both friends and random strangers etc. It's more of a roulette game - which is fine. Chat would've been nice also. I'm definitely not harping on the game I just focused on the negatives first cos everything else is basically flawless. Single player modes are great and the online play that does exist is pretty genius and great fun. I just wish they would've put more time into this one - with more options I don't think i'd be looking for another DS game for a long while. Expand
  60. UseR
    Dec 1, 2005
    "But what about all those who can't get online?" What is with these rubbish reviewers? If u can;t get online, u can play single cart wireless play or multi cart wireless!! Fer crying out loud, u give it an average score just to be different, well that or ur just a deprived chld...anyway This game is fantastic game, best mario cart game ever, and has lifted the bar on the series an "But what about all those who can't get online?" What is with these rubbish reviewers? If u can;t get online, u can play single cart wireless play or multi cart wireless!! Fer crying out loud, u give it an average score just to be different, well that or ur just a deprived chld...anyway This game is fantastic game, best mario cart game ever, and has lifted the bar on the series an extra notch. Way to go Nintendo, keep up the great work!! If u haven't got this game yet, ur missing out!! Expand
  61. DesmondF.
    Dec 15, 2005
    best mariokart game ever
  62. JoshB.
    Dec 23, 2005
    hey, i think nintendo wi fi on mario cart ds is awesome i love racing online its the best. If you don't have wi fi the game is still awesome you are just racing the computer. but when you race on wi fi people will try to cheat and mess you up!
  63. CraigB.
    Dec 24, 2005
    wow this game is the best in the series i dont even like racing games, but ive been playing this one for hours.
  64. AnonymousMC
    Dec 28, 2005
    really i dont understand all the hype there is about this game...the online capabilities are limited, the graphics i think are sloppy even for the ds, and its just the same old mario kart that we've played before only with online play...if this is supposed to be nintendo's best for the ds then...im really disappointed....
  65. BlakeR.
    Dec 29, 2005
    Very fun game. Gives entertainment for hours even without the online play which i hear makes it even better. Top of the line mario ds game.
  66. JimmyG.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Mario Kart DS is a great improvement to all the others. Sure the online needs work, but the single player and Wi-fi local is so great, you can't criticize it for the minor stuff. This is the greatest DS game out there.
  67. TylerM.
    Jan 22, 2006
    Mario Kart is an excellent game even for people who dislike racing games. This game takes the best of every Mario Kart and makes it successful. The wi-fi is the main problem for me because you must have the friend code of another person to play against them but other than that the wi-fi is well executed, as well as the game.
  68. LydiaB.
    Dec 28, 2006
    All parts of this game are entertaining and fun. Multiplayer is awesome, and the tracks are wonderful.
  69. Tom
    Oct 26, 2006
    I love this game. There's loads for you to do in single player: 8 cups to win x 4 speed groups, time trials, missions and you can even have ballons battles/"shinerunner" battles with 7 other CPU karts. I'm also addicted to the online play, making my own emblem for people to see when I overtake them. You can play random people, or people who, by their stats, are similar in I love this game. There's loads for you to do in single player: 8 cups to win x 4 speed groups, time trials, missions and you can even have ballons battles/"shinerunner" battles with 7 other CPU karts. I'm also addicted to the online play, making my own emblem for people to see when I overtake them. You can play random people, or people who, by their stats, are similar in ability to you so it becomes more of a challenge. Buy this game, your DS NEEDS it. Expand
  70. CraigT.
    Jan 27, 2006
    The Best DS Game I Have Ever Played... Ever.
  71. RobP.
    Jun 21, 2006
    Mario Kart DS is an excellent game for racing fans. Not many racing games on the DS are acclaimed by users and reviewers alike. There are 32 courses, 16 new ones, and 16 "retro" courses (one from SNES, 64, GBA, and GCN). Sure it may seem repetitive to play (that's what some people complain about), but if you loved any of the MK's from the previous systems, you'll love this, Mario Kart DS is an excellent game for racing fans. Not many racing games on the DS are acclaimed by users and reviewers alike. There are 32 courses, 16 new ones, and 16 "retro" courses (one from SNES, 64, GBA, and GCN). Sure it may seem repetitive to play (that's what some people complain about), but if you loved any of the MK's from the previous systems, you'll love this, BECAUSE it has online play! Of course by the time you purchase this game and get online, you will get beat so bad it'll be awhile before you go back online again. The main complaint I have about this game is that my hand cramps when playing (maybe because I have a DS Lite and it's smaller, making it a little uncomfortable to be pushing down the gas button the whole time). Naturally I don't consider that in reviewing the game, because that's an ergonomic system flaw with the DS Lite itself. BUY THIS GAME, at least buy it when the price goes down for sure! Expand
  72. BeelseB.
    Sep 16, 2006
    Its cool but be careful, while playing it headted and I dropped my brand new ds lite and it cracked the top screen.
  73. MatthewS.
    Jan 27, 2007
    This game is one in a million! It's the greatest MK game by far, no doubt there. The only flaw I see is the fact that you can't play the other 16 courses on Wifi. (Well, I once played a guy who was somehow able to do pick Tick Tock Clock, Bowser Castle and some strange course called Shy Guy. So there must be some code or unlockable way to get it). Anyway, this game is the bomb This game is one in a million! It's the greatest MK game by far, no doubt there. The only flaw I see is the fact that you can't play the other 16 courses on Wifi. (Well, I once played a guy who was somehow able to do pick Tick Tock Clock, Bowser Castle and some strange course called Shy Guy. So there must be some code or unlockable way to get it). Anyway, this game is the bomb and you won't be disappointed! Expand
  74. RecardoB.
    Feb 17, 2007
    Being the number one fan of the original Mario Kart I found it hard to adopt this game. I do play it , but not with the same fervor as Mario Kart or Mario Kart 64.
  75. ShanellG.
    Jul 17, 2007
    Great game it has a great range of levels and characters in my opinion it's well spent money.
  76. AlexanderM.
    Aug 21, 2007
    Very fun game! This is a game that doesn't take a day's worth of playing to win. You get better as you go and conquer missions, and championships. I would really recommend this game.
  77. PatrickC.
    Jul 21, 2008
    Brilliant game design! I bought this just as a change-of-pace game (I don't usually care for real-time games), taking a chance just because it was rated so high. I'm not disappointed. Lots of fun, very addictive. Plenty of variety, considering it's basically just racing around a track. Three speeds to choose from, so it's easy enough for beginners to get into, yet Brilliant game design! I bought this just as a change-of-pace game (I don't usually care for real-time games), taking a chance just because it was rated so high. I'm not disappointed. Lots of fun, very addictive. Plenty of variety, considering it's basically just racing around a track. Three speeds to choose from, so it's easy enough for beginners to get into, yet there's plenty of room for skill-building. Expand
  78. ValeryG
    Oct 19, 2009
    This is one of my favorites game´s. I am not fan of racing games, but this game is really great! Graphics are really fantastic, you can play as mario, luigi, peach, daisy, wario, waluigi, bowser, boones, donkey kong, that makes it more atractive, and that´s not all playing wi-fi connection with yours friends or people all over the world make it more fun and addictive. Reccomended 100%
  79. IchigoK
    Dec 10, 2009
    +3 Gameplay is just great, controls are solid and well done. +2 Time trials, Missions, Various multiplayer modes(or single player with bots) +1 Great Graphics +1 Good number of tracks, characters, cups etc... +1 Online Multiplayer +1 Great Music +1 Loved the option to use any character with any kart.
  80. DonaldR
    Dec 29, 2009
    Talk about false advertising! I saw this game on one of ant and decs adverts being a big fan of ant and dec and britains got talent i presumed it would include stars from the show like susan boyle and paul potts but no all it has was some stupid italian steriotypes and poorly designed side characters Also this game is incredibly anti enviormental! oil spills are treat as if they are a Talk about false advertising! I saw this game on one of ant and decs adverts being a big fan of ant and dec and britains got talent i presumed it would include stars from the show like susan boyle and paul potts but no all it has was some stupid italian steriotypes and poorly designed side characters Also this game is incredibly anti enviormental! oil spills are treat as if they are a good thing! not to mention all the fumes from the cars honestly what sort of message is nontendo trying to give! do not buy this for you or your children it is downright terrible who wants to play as some guy called mario or luigi they dont even have number 1 hits! Expand
  81. StephH.
    Nov 12, 2005
    reason to own a DS.
  82. JohnD.
    Nov 13, 2005
    Don't have time to write a review, too buisy playing Maio Kart DS.
  83. TheH.
    Best in the series.
  84. AnonymousMC
    Nov 14, 2005
    Mario Kart DS is THE best kart racer in current history. Nintendo put real time into this one. There is more depth to this MK than any other before it, with in-depth kart stats, INGENIOUS level designs, and an absolutely PERFECT control scheme. Not to mention it has the BEST GRAPHICS of any DS game so far.

So what if the online part is a tad lacking? You'll still have hella fun

So what if the online part is a tad lacking? You'll still have hella fun playing with people you don't know, courtesy the fantastic controls and addicting gameplay. There is absolutely no reason to not own this game. Even if you don't have a DS, buy the game so you can stare at it and behold its wonder. You won't regret it.
  85. BetoY.
    Nov 15, 2005
    Very addictive, awesome features & gameplay!! its mario kart... what else to expect but greatness
  86. Golo
    Nov 15, 2005
    great game! the lower screen is very useful and perfect for gameplay... great graphics, great controls..... very impressed with it!
  87. AimHigh
    Nov 15, 2005
    This game is awesome, and the online play makes it twice as good.
  88. KyleM.
    Nov 17, 2005
    Amazing. I havent even tried online play yet and this game is seriously incredible. I'm not a huge Kart racing fan, but this one takes the cake in every area: gameplay, graphics, control, replayibility. This is so far one of the best games on the DS. I recommend it wholeheartedly.
  89. ChuwawaStomp
    Nov 25, 2005
    It is a very good game with many options and with al long playdure,i played 50 cc in 3 hours and then i havent played 100 cc and 150 cc yet and then also the missions,it is a superior game,the best you can get for the nintendo ds
  90. HunterR.
    Dec 27, 2005
    Mario Kart DS is more a tech demo than a full-fledged game. If you've played any other Mario Kart game, you won't find much here. The graphics are beautiful, the gameplay is fun, but there isn't much variation in gameplay. It isn't hard to play through the game in an hour, and the unlockable features really don't add much replay value. It's a fun ride, and a Mario Kart DS is more a tech demo than a full-fledged game. If you've played any other Mario Kart game, you won't find much here. The graphics are beautiful, the gameplay is fun, but there isn't much variation in gameplay. It isn't hard to play through the game in an hour, and the unlockable features really don't add much replay value. It's a fun ride, and a great gift for the new bundle pack, but it's still just another Mario Kart game. Expand
  91. DJT
    Dec 15, 2007
    It's mario kart. Nuff said! You get a simple pickup and play game with great addictive multiplayer action on or off the Wifi. Nonstop action - an instant DS classic.
  92. Aug 13, 2010
    This is a brilliant racing game, the best on DS. With loads of characters and tracks, challenges, and battles it will really have you coming back for more. Very highly reccomended.
  93. Aug 16, 2010
    Mario Kart Ds is definitely the best portable racers if not the best portable game ever, it has good graphics fun gameplay, good local multiplayer and online, and great controls, but by no means is the game perfect. Mario Kart Ds is a new installment in the long running series of games from Nintendo. The Mario Kart games are racers with a twist, power ups. In the game there are many powerMario Kart Ds is definitely the best portable racers if not the best portable game ever, it has good graphics fun gameplay, good local multiplayer and online, and great controls, but by no means is the game perfect. Mario Kart Ds is a new installment in the long running series of games from Nintendo. The Mario Kart games are racers with a twist, power ups. In the game there are many power ups that will give you the edge on enemy racers. All the power ups in Mario kart are varied and strange, for example there are green shells that you use as projectiles, and red shells you use as heat seeking projectiles. Like I said Mario kart is not perfect but Its problems are few and small problems, but the problems are still there. One problem is that the game is very easy on any difficulty, so if your looking for a racer were your biting your nail hopping you will win you should look some were else because this isn't it. Mario kart's other problem is that while it is very easy it sometimes also feels cheep because the enemy racers will hit with multiple power ups (like shells) one after the other till you go from 1st to last. Overall Mario Kart ds is a great new installment to the series. Expand
  94. Aug 23, 2010
    A near flawless Mario Kart experience, but could have beniffeted from being released later in the DS's timeline, so as to include more tracks and characters. Even saying that, MArio Kart DS is packed with content, featuring 32 tracks and a decent amount of characters. With sme smooth and solid grpahics for DS, this is a definitive racing experience, and has a lot more soul than the WiiA near flawless Mario Kart experience, but could have beniffeted from being released later in the DS's timeline, so as to include more tracks and characters. Even saying that, MArio Kart DS is packed with content, featuring 32 tracks and a decent amount of characters. With sme smooth and solid grpahics for DS, this is a definitive racing experience, and has a lot more soul than the Wii version. With another player, the rel fun begins, and the spirit of Mario Kar comes alive- pure multiplayer fun. Expand
  95. Jul 20, 2011
    Mario Kart DS offers all the polished gameplay and peerless multiplayer mode you'd expect from a Mario Kart Game. Ther's plenty of depth too with the excellent mission mode, battle mode, and tons of hidden karts and characters to unlock. Personally i would have liked a few more original tracks but you can't have everything eh?
  96. Jan 23, 2012
    As the same with Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Kart DS is the first DS game I have ever phad and in a broad perspective, the best Mario Kart game ever made. Everything is done right in this game. Its track selection is amazing, the gameplay is the most balanced out of all the Mario Karts, it has more contents than any other Mario Kart games and introduced the greatest thing to ever happenAs the same with Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Kart DS is the first DS game I have ever phad and in a broad perspective, the best Mario Kart game ever made. Everything is done right in this game. Its track selection is amazing, the gameplay is the most balanced out of all the Mario Karts, it has more contents than any other Mario Kart games and introduced the greatest thing to ever happen to Mario Kart: multiplayer racing. This is the perfect Mario Kart game and one of the best games on the Nintendo DS. Expand
  97. Sep 16, 2010
    Mario Kart is as enjoyable as ever- and with online / local network play and over thirty tracks to choose from, the DS title is a more than welcome addition to the series. The lack of DS graphical power is certainly not as issue here, with the gameplay being as tight and as intense as it always has been. It's very difficult to find someone who doesn't enjoy playing Mario Kart in some shapeMario Kart is as enjoyable as ever- and with online / local network play and over thirty tracks to choose from, the DS title is a more than welcome addition to the series. The lack of DS graphical power is certainly not as issue here, with the gameplay being as tight and as intense as it always has been. It's very difficult to find someone who doesn't enjoy playing Mario Kart in some shape or form, whatever the age, and the same can certainly be said for this latest hand-held release. Expand
  98. Sep 24, 2010
    No question, one of the best video games I've ever played. I've played this game for nearly 5 years, and I'm still hooked on Mario Kart DS. I love it!
  99. Oct 16, 2010
    This game goes perfect in every way almost. The drifting mechanics feel pefect if you dont drift at all you fell perfect the courses provide so much variety. your oppenets drive perfectly and put up a fight. But this game strives th most with multypler. It has single card ds download, multycard ds download, and it even has online multyplayer. The online multyplayer isnt as fun as the dsThis game goes perfect in every way almost. The drifting mechanics feel pefect if you dont drift at all you fell perfect the courses provide so much variety. your oppenets drive perfectly and put up a fight. But this game strives th most with multypler. It has single card ds download, multycard ds download, and it even has online multyplayer. The online multyplayer isnt as fun as the ds download thogh. Mostly because your sitting next to your freinds so when there pulling up to the finish line at moo moo farm and you use three perfectly timed mushromms to take the lead and break his hopes of breaking your 7 game win streak you can rub it all in your face. The career mode is nice increasing in difficulty not because you oppenets are getting better but you getting slower making you have to use you powerups more wisley. There is also missions that your character takes place in but i never realy got into these because there not actually races there mor varied but not as fun. The cast af characters and karts is great although it had to be cut down so the game could fit into the hardrive that the ds offers. THe only reason I gave this game a nine is because im harsh and the online multyplayer is choppy. Expand
  100. Apr 2, 2015
    It's easy to see some of the reasons why MKDS is regarded as the best Mario Kart. The gameplay is nearly perfect, the track collection is great (and the largest of its time), it has possibly the best battle mode in the game, the new mission mode is a great addition (that would've been great in later games), AND it's the first online MK. So... why a 7, instead of a 10? The reasons may seemIt's easy to see some of the reasons why MKDS is regarded as the best Mario Kart. The gameplay is nearly perfect, the track collection is great (and the largest of its time), it has possibly the best battle mode in the game, the new mission mode is a great addition (that would've been great in later games), AND it's the first online MK. So... why a 7, instead of a 10? The reasons may seem minor, but they really affect the enjoyableness of the game. First, the AI aren't too smart (or fast in most tracks), making the single player painfully easy. Secondly, getting drift boosts quickly can be very easy, allowing what's called "snaking" in multiplayer. It's possibly the most overpowered exploit I've ever seen. Being in single player and multiplayer races, these problems are very difficult to avoid, unless you only play battle mode or mission mode. Despite these issues, the game itself is still great, and you should be able to have a good time with friends playing this DS classic. Expand

#1 Most Discussed DS Game of 2005
#1 Most Shared DS Game of 2005

Everything about MKDS comes together into a surprisingly compelling package, a portable racing game on par with anything ever to appear on a console.
  2. Reason alone to own the DS platform. All of the fun that has been intrinsic to the series is intact, and the much-anticipated online component simply seals the deal. This is best game in the series by far, and perhaps the best kart-style racing game ever to come along.
    It's hard to imagine how Nintendo's going to improve on what they've done for this stunning portable rendition. There's so much gameplay and depth in this design, moreso than the series has ever had in the past.