8.6

1. JamesD.
    Jan 30, 2006
    An excellent game to play both wireless and alone.
  2. MichaelA.
    Mar 30, 2006
    This game is so unbelievably great! My only downside is that the AI is too easy, but I found a way to make beating the computers harder. This game definitely deserves a 10. Nintendo, you've done it again!
  3. C.Henry
    Jul 21, 2006
    All the best aspects of Mario Kart, and you can bring it with you. Local WiFi and worldwide online play is awesome (except for snakers.)
  4. GraedenN
    Oct 13, 2009
    Love this game, the best game I've ever play on the DS. Awesome graphics and ability to make your own emblems for other people to see on Wifi.
  5. HartD.
    Nov 15, 2005
    Best racing game ever on a handheld, possibly the best handheld game ever. It is worth buying a DS just to play MK: DS. Online is flawless, including a handy rival mode where you are paired with people at your level of skill.
  6. AnonymousMC
    Nov 18, 2005
    I have to agree with "the knife" below... its so good it makes double dash poop. although i never had an hour long professional blowjob, or an iv drip of rich belgian chocolate, I too just shit myself playing this amazing title. best kart game ever!!! the only way i would give up this game is for that 1 hr long professional blowjob.... then i would go out and buy it all over again.
  7. AnthonyC.
    Jan 19, 2006
    MKDS is a great game. It does what it sets out to do. Quick, VERY fun spurts of gaming. Excellent and smooth graphics. I play this portable game on WIFI more than I play my consoles. A must buy if you have WIFI.
  8. BlueFalcon
    Dec 24, 2006
    Mission mode is an excellent addition to the series. The single player grand prix was getting a little stale just on it's own. The ai is quite excellent - it's not the horrible elasticband stuff from mk 64. I have 1 minor gripe about the entire game. When off the track, the sand/mud/grass slows you down way too much. It kind of takes away from the authenticism of the retro Mission mode is an excellent addition to the series. The single player grand prix was getting a little stale just on it's own. The ai is quite excellent - it's not the horrible elasticband stuff from mk 64. I have 1 minor gripe about the entire game. When off the track, the sand/mud/grass slows you down way too much. It kind of takes away from the authenticism of the retro tracks since none of the other games had it. Offroading is too punishing, but doesn't prevent mk ds from being an outstanding game. Expand
  9. JimmyK.
    Jan 26, 2006
    This is an awesome game especially if you have wifi. If you don't you can still play up to 7 people only if one person has the game. Perfect for school bus rides!
  10. AlexP.
    Jan 3, 2006
    Immense! Well and truely! Delivers the goods just like any of its predecessors. Cant wait to get my WiFi USB connecter and play against the World. Good going Nintendo!
  11. Richard
    Apr 11, 2006
    Wow! This game definitely lived up to the hype! The graphics are smooth and slick and the controls are very simple easy to learn. The online experience is incredible and setting up is just as easy as turning on the game. There are tons of modes and stuff that you can do. In addition to the grand prix and time trials, you have over 50 unique missions that are designed to improve your Wow! This game definitely lived up to the hype! The graphics are smooth and slick and the controls are very simple easy to learn. The online experience is incredible and setting up is just as easy as turning on the game. There are tons of modes and stuff that you can do. In addition to the grand prix and time trials, you have over 50 unique missions that are designed to improve your skills offensively and defensively. Mario Kart DS is truly a masterful racing game; it is a Mario kart fan's dream come true. It has brought the Mario kart series into full gear and boy, what a rush of fun! Expand
  12. MarioS.
    Jul 15, 2006
    I love this game, It's great, I havn't figured out the best racer yet, It's great though.
  13. TomW.
    Feb 8, 2007
    One of the best DS games, just too bad the Wi-Fi play doesn't let 8 people getting connected, like in the wireless multiplayer.
  14. AndyV.
    Mar 1, 2007
    OMG! I LOVE this game! It by far outstrips mksuper! This is the first true must have Nintendo game of the decade. Keep the MK's coming!
  15. DesmondF.
    Jun 3, 2007
    best mariokart game ever
  16. OliverE.
    Aug 31, 2007
    Mario Kart is the best ! I like it because it is really challenging and all the characters are so cool ! I love the item attacks because they seem so weird ! I hope this gets into you. It's the best game Nintendo have ever created
  17. 4Boys
    Jan 3, 2008
    Mario Kart is brilliant. There are lots of characters, karts and tracks. 4 players can play against each other - great fun.
  18. MikeB.
    Nov 14, 2005
    This game is excellent, it combines the best parts of all the previous games and then adds some awesome now parts.
  19. Salmon
    Nov 16, 2005
    So freckin´ awesome. Best Mario Kart ever made.
  20. JackS.
    Nov 21, 2005
    i think it was really good but one down is that i finished it in about 1 and a half days(and i wasn't playting it continously). all in all i thought is was EXCELLENT*. * May be biased
  21. JoshG.
    Nov 28, 2005
    This is the best game for the ds so far and it allows gamers to play for hours at a time with the story, multiplayer download play, and Wi-Fi internet. In my eyes this game is flawless.
  22. BobJ.
    Dec 9, 2005
    Great racing game, Mario Kart fans will love this game. You get more karts, new tracks, and sweat unlocable chacters.
  23. ChiltonP.
    Oct 2, 2006
    I loved this game. Its one of the best racing games to date. I beat it so mant times but I still love it.
  24. BrianD.
    Jan 29, 2006
    A perfect Mario Kart game. Wish there were more N64 tracks though.
    Mar 16, 2006
    Best DS game
  26. CameronC.
    Apr 28, 2006
    Mario Kart has always been an addictive game to play in your spare time, and this one keeps the tradition on. This game also features much more for replay value such as mission mode, and online gameplay to test yourself against the greatest gamers out their. The only question that i ponder is how will nintendo top their next Mario Kart game after this one?
    Jul 27, 2006
    The best racing game, and Mario game, ever, without a doubt.
  28. WoahW.
    Aug 22, 2006
    Great Game
  29. AustinB.
    Feb 5, 2007
    This game is great I just played it today on my friend ds (my other friend let me use the game).This game is one of the best out of seven games I've played in my life!
  30. HollyM.
    Mar 5, 2007
    I play this game all the time, and I don't get tired of it. It's better than other racing games. I play every chance I get. When I race I feel like I'm really driving. You can hook up to 7 other players. You can unlock different tracks, carts, and drivers. There are 32 different tracks in all. There are over 8 drivers. You can even use WI-FI connection.
  31. MartinN.
    Jan 3, 2008
    Nice graphics, great gameplay and multiplayer, loads of content - a must buy game!
  32. Myself
    Feb 23, 2008
    Certainly one of the best DS titles. I would put this at the top of my list of favorite DS games right next to Phantom Hourglass. I thought this game was a masterpiece. For starters the graphics look really good considering it is a handheld. Also, the controls feel very nice and the menu is very easy to navigate through using the touch screen. I am very happy to see that they brought back Certainly one of the best DS titles. I would put this at the top of my list of favorite DS games right next to Phantom Hourglass. I thought this game was a masterpiece. For starters the graphics look really good considering it is a handheld. Also, the controls feel very nice and the menu is very easy to navigate through using the touch screen. I am very happy to see that they brought back some of the race courses from the previous Mario Kart games as well. Heck, there are 8 cups in the game, making twice as long as any other Mario Kart game. One with classic tracks, such as Rainbow Road and Moo Moo Farm and then 4 brand new cups. I believe this is a game that should be owned by all Mario Kart fans if not all DS owners. This is an amazing, amazing game. Expand
  33. TheKnife
    Nov 16, 2005
    unbe-Fing-lievable. makes double dash look like poop. if other games are crack this is just something else entirely. An hour-long professional blow job. an IV drip of rich belgian chocolate. that or I just shit myself.
  34. UseR
    Dec 1, 2005
    "But what about all those who can't get online?" What is with these rubbish reviewers? If u can;t get online, u can play single cart wireless play or multi cart wireless!! Fer crying out loud, u give it an average score just to be different, well that or ur just a deprived chld...anyway This game is fantastic game, best mario cart game ever, and has lifted the bar on the series an "But what about all those who can't get online?" What is with these rubbish reviewers? If u can;t get online, u can play single cart wireless play or multi cart wireless!! Fer crying out loud, u give it an average score just to be different, well that or ur just a deprived chld...anyway This game is fantastic game, best mario cart game ever, and has lifted the bar on the series an extra notch. Way to go Nintendo, keep up the great work!! If u haven't got this game yet, ur missing out!! Expand
  35. DesmondF.
    Dec 15, 2005
    best mariokart game ever
  36. JoshB.
    Dec 23, 2005
    hey, i think nintendo wi fi on mario cart ds is awesome i love racing online its the best. If you don't have wi fi the game is still awesome you are just racing the computer. but when you race on wi fi people will try to cheat and mess you up!
  37. CraigB.
    Dec 24, 2005
    wow this game is the best in the series i dont even like racing games, but ive been playing this one for hours.
  38. BlakeR.
    Dec 29, 2005
    Very fun game. Gives entertainment for hours even without the online play which i hear makes it even better. Top of the line mario ds game.
  39. JimmyG.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Mario Kart DS is a great improvement to all the others. Sure the online needs work, but the single player and Wi-fi local is so great, you can't criticize it for the minor stuff. This is the greatest DS game out there.
  40. LydiaB.
    Dec 28, 2006
    All parts of this game are entertaining and fun. Multiplayer is awesome, and the tracks are wonderful.
  41. CraigT.
    Jan 27, 2006
    The Best DS Game I Have Ever Played... Ever.
  42. RobP.
    Jun 21, 2006
    Mario Kart DS is an excellent game for racing fans. Not many racing games on the DS are acclaimed by users and reviewers alike. There are 32 courses, 16 new ones, and 16 "retro" courses (one from SNES, 64, GBA, and GCN). Sure it may seem repetitive to play (that's what some people complain about), but if you loved any of the MK's from the previous systems, you'll love this, Mario Kart DS is an excellent game for racing fans. Not many racing games on the DS are acclaimed by users and reviewers alike. There are 32 courses, 16 new ones, and 16 "retro" courses (one from SNES, 64, GBA, and GCN). Sure it may seem repetitive to play (that's what some people complain about), but if you loved any of the MK's from the previous systems, you'll love this, BECAUSE it has online play! Of course by the time you purchase this game and get online, you will get beat so bad it'll be awhile before you go back online again. The main complaint I have about this game is that my hand cramps when playing (maybe because I have a DS Lite and it's smaller, making it a little uncomfortable to be pushing down the gas button the whole time). Naturally I don't consider that in reviewing the game, because that's an ergonomic system flaw with the DS Lite itself. BUY THIS GAME, at least buy it when the price goes down for sure! Expand
  43. BeelseB.
    Sep 16, 2006
    Its cool but be careful, while playing it headted and I dropped my brand new ds lite and it cracked the top screen.
  44. AlexanderM.
    Aug 21, 2007
    Very fun game! This is a game that doesn't take a day's worth of playing to win. You get better as you go and conquer missions, and championships. I would really recommend this game.
  45. ValeryG
    Oct 19, 2009
    This is one of my favorites game´s. I am not fan of racing games, but this game is really great! Graphics are really fantastic, you can play as mario, luigi, peach, daisy, wario, waluigi, bowser, boones, donkey kong, that makes it more atractive, and that´s not all playing wi-fi connection with yours friends or people all over the world make it more fun and addictive. Reccomended 100%
  46. IchigoK
    Dec 10, 2009
    +3 Gameplay is just great, controls are solid and well done. +2 Time trials, Missions, Various multiplayer modes(or single player with bots) +1 Great Graphics +1 Good number of tracks, characters, cups etc... +1 Online Multiplayer +1 Great Music +1 Loved the option to use any character with any kart.
  47. StephH.
    Nov 12, 2005
    reason to own a DS.
  48. JohnD.
    Nov 13, 2005
    Don't have time to write a review, too buisy playing Maio Kart DS.
  49. TheH.
    Best in the series.
  50. AnonymousMC
    Nov 14, 2005
    Mario Kart DS is THE best kart racer in current history. Nintendo put real time into this one. There is more depth to this MK than any other before it, with in-depth kart stats, INGENIOUS level designs, and an absolutely PERFECT control scheme. Not to mention it has the BEST GRAPHICS of any DS game so far.

So what if the online part is a tad lacking? You'll still have hella fun

So what if the online part is a tad lacking? You'll still have hella fun playing with people you don't know, courtesy the fantastic controls and addicting gameplay. There is absolutely no reason to not own this game. Even if you don't have a DS, buy the game so you can stare at it and behold its wonder. You won't regret it.
  51. BetoY.
    Nov 15, 2005
    Very addictive, awesome features & gameplay!! its mario kart... what else to expect but greatness
  52. Golo
    Nov 15, 2005
    great game! the lower screen is very useful and perfect for gameplay... great graphics, great controls..... very impressed with it!
  53. AimHigh
    Nov 15, 2005
    This game is awesome, and the online play makes it twice as good.
  54. KyleM.
    Nov 17, 2005
    Amazing. I havent even tried online play yet and this game is seriously incredible. I'm not a huge Kart racing fan, but this one takes the cake in every area: gameplay, graphics, control, replayibility. This is so far one of the best games on the DS. I recommend it wholeheartedly.
  55. DJT
    Dec 15, 2007
    It's mario kart. Nuff said! You get a simple pickup and play game with great addictive multiplayer action on or off the Wifi. Nonstop action - an instant DS classic.
  56. Aug 13, 2010
    This is a brilliant racing game, the best on DS. With loads of characters and tracks, challenges, and battles it will really have you coming back for more. Very highly reccomended.
  57. Jan 23, 2012
    As the same with Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Kart DS is the first DS game I have ever phad and in a broad perspective, the best Mario Kart game ever made. Everything is done right in this game. Its track selection is amazing, the gameplay is the most balanced out of all the Mario Karts, it has more contents than any other Mario Kart games and introduced the greatest thing to ever happenAs the same with Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Kart DS is the first DS game I have ever phad and in a broad perspective, the best Mario Kart game ever made. Everything is done right in this game. Its track selection is amazing, the gameplay is the most balanced out of all the Mario Karts, it has more contents than any other Mario Kart games and introduced the greatest thing to ever happen to Mario Kart: multiplayer racing. This is the perfect Mario Kart game and one of the best games on the Nintendo DS. Expand
  58. Sep 16, 2010
    Mario Kart is as enjoyable as ever- and with online / local network play and over thirty tracks to choose from, the DS title is a more than welcome addition to the series. The lack of DS graphical power is certainly not as issue here, with the gameplay being as tight and as intense as it always has been. It's very difficult to find someone who doesn't enjoy playing Mario Kart in some shapeMario Kart is as enjoyable as ever- and with online / local network play and over thirty tracks to choose from, the DS title is a more than welcome addition to the series. The lack of DS graphical power is certainly not as issue here, with the gameplay being as tight and as intense as it always has been. It's very difficult to find someone who doesn't enjoy playing Mario Kart in some shape or form, whatever the age, and the same can certainly be said for this latest hand-held release. Expand
  59. Sep 24, 2010
    No question, one of the best video games I've ever played. I've played this game for nearly 5 years, and I'm still hooked on Mario Kart DS. I love it!
  60. Dec 29, 2010
    Four or so years on, I'm still playing it. That's how great and addictive this game is. It had geat depth and the Mission mode is a nice addition. The Vs mode will have you coming back for more like it has with me over and over again complete with some of the best tracks in the series. Online is solid, if slightly empty. The only dissapointment is the lack of characters. Although Yoshi wasFour or so years on, I'm still playing it. That's how great and addictive this game is. It had geat depth and the Mission mode is a nice addition. The Vs mode will have you coming back for more like it has with me over and over again complete with some of the best tracks in the series. Online is solid, if slightly empty. The only dissapointment is the lack of characters. Although Yoshi was there, so I'm not too bothered. Besides that, it's a solid racer that is a worthy entry into the Mario Kart series, despite it lacking the series staple of having you and three other mates huddled around a TV racing each other. Expand
  61. Apr 24, 2011
    One Of The Best Games Ever Made! Great Great Great! I Was So Shocked How Much I Loved It!
  62. Mar 14, 2011
    This game is simply epic. There is so much to do, and so many different character/kart combinations to race. My particular favorite is Time Trials- an addition to the game that makes it never get old. This game is one of the many outstandingly enjoyable Mario games on DS.
  63. Aug 1, 2011
    People can nitpick about minor issues, but here's the truth. Mario Kart DS is a great racing game, and that's hard to deny. It's addictive and very fun to play. Great game!
  64. Mar 18, 2016
    Probably my favourite Mario Kart game.

Probably my favourite Mario Kart game.

The most memorable tracks, and it plays and looks great on the DS. The graphics are a little blocky, such is the norm on the console, but that is part of the charm. When racing though, you'll find the controls to be very responsive and in no time at all you'll be power sliding and boosting around every bend. The sounds are fun and the music is great.

It gets quite difficult on single player 150cc, where coming first requires immense skill, and no small amount of luck - especially once that damned blue shell comes into play!

Well worth finding if you don't already have it, it's been out for 11 years and I still grab it to play (as I did today which led to this mini-review!) Later games widened the tracks and made things a lot easier. Mario Kart DS is, for me, the definitive version of the game.
  65. Dec 14, 2011
    For something made in 2005, this game is underrated. It may be one of the best video games ever produced that year. Nintendo has upped its game. Extremely recommended for 7+ kids and adults all alike.
  66. Nov 27, 2011
    Although there has been some complaints, I thought this was one of the best ds games ever!! You start of with 4 or 5 people, with only a few karts, so it is quite boring, but then if you get better, you get even more karts, I am now on one of the last things you can get, he is called B.O.B and he is great. You can also go online and race against other people from other parts of the world!!Although there has been some complaints, I thought this was one of the best ds games ever!! You start of with 4 or 5 people, with only a few karts, so it is quite boring, but then if you get better, you get even more karts, I am now on one of the last things you can get, he is called B.O.B and he is great. You can also go online and race against other people from other parts of the world!! You can also "link up" with friends or family if they don't have the actual game and you can have a blast! There is soo much to this game, I have lots of things to do on it aswell still! I would recomend it to children over 3 yrs old :) Expand
  67. Nov 13, 2012
    Great game. Almost flawless. It still has powerups that doom the drivers in first place but thats a given. Other than the fact the multiplayer is full of cheaters, its arguably one of the best nintendo ds games out there
  68. Dec 19, 2012
    After all these years, this game can still be considered the best Mario Kart in the series. Graphics and sound are pleasing, and the controls and two screens work perfectly. The single player mode is still the deepest to date with a VS. mode and the very cool missions mode added on. The replay value here is really high and has kept me coming back. Multiplayer is also well-done with theAfter all these years, this game can still be considered the best Mario Kart in the series. Graphics and sound are pleasing, and the controls and two screens work perfectly. The single player mode is still the deepest to date with a VS. mode and the very cool missions mode added on. The replay value here is really high and has kept me coming back. Multiplayer is also well-done with the download-play (which is limited on purpose and is supposed to feel like a demo), local wireless, and a decent online. The characters choices are great (Dry Bones and R.O.B. were awesome additions), and the different karts to choose from was a plus. Creating a custom emblem was innovative, and the ability to use the mic in balloon battle was an interesting feature. Racing is very fun with the items being crazy, but no so much to the point of being cheap. The only two minor drawbacks to this game was that the online was limited, and the game is really easy. However, the online was still good overall and was a nice start in the series, also the easy difficulty allows the game to be highly accessible. I did have to round up the score because of the way it works on this site, but I'd give this a 9.5/10. One of the best racing games I've ever played. Expand
  69. Mar 28, 2013
    The story behind it
    The story behind it
    Mario kart is a racing game that was first launched on the super Nintendo entertainment system in 1962 which was known as Mario kart 64 and is also available via Google play store as well, to date there has been four Mario karts games for home consoles (ds and wii), three for portable games and 2 Namco arcade games. The most recent edition to the Mario kart series is Mario kart 7 which was released onto 3DS sometime last year, there are two more games in the Mario kart series in development which ach are one for the new wii u system and another arcade edition which could hit the shops any time now. The Mario kart games have developed so much over time and the producer has bought in many new things and changed the content every time this has included new items, new characters and many more as well as new tracks different elements, this was to keep the game play fresh and so people who bought all of them weren’t getting the same thing every time so if u has all of them you are never getting the same game on each edition because new content is always added. The one on the ds was probably one of the best racing games ive ever played. Each series contained at least 16 original courses and plus different versions of current tracks E.G. Rainbow road was included in the 16 but then rainbow road 2 was a sequel and not included in the 16 because this was one of the tracks that was released at a later date.

Suitability
    The game is suitable for all ages as there is absolutely no violence involved and everyone can play it as it’s a family game which everyone one can play, it is quite addictive because you never know what is going to happen as there is many different tracks which contain many different obstacles so this game isn’t something you can really practice as there is so much content and so many obstacles involved within it. It doesn’t affect your social impacts because it is actually good because you are getting exercise whether you are playing it on Wii or DS. Why it is a good game
    It was a very good game as there is so much game play and technical ability involved within and is never boring because you never know what is going to happen. The game also tests how quick you are at reacting for example when the obstacles such as rocks are rolling down the track you have to react quickly in order to dodge them as if you get hit if you have any items these will be lost and also any coins that were collected along the track a 1/3 of them will be lost (Mario kart 7 only)I love the technical ability of this game and has got better and better every time a new one is released because this game is no ordinary racing game and is never boring because of all the different items and the different effects that the game unleashes in the middle of the laps, my personal favourite track is rainbow road because I love the colours as is a quick reaction track because the track has a very tight specific area you have to stick too and the layout of the track is consistent so this is also hard where as the others there is side bits that you can use instead of the normal section of the track to try and get more items and to try and get a head start on everyone else but rainbow road doesn’t and is just straight track from start to finish and also contains loops to try and distract you to try and make you fall off, the other reason is it’s a good game is because it enables you to race against other people all over the world using the built in wireless connection system which adds alot of excitement and pressure into the game which is another reason why this is probably why this is one of the best racing games around and will probably only get better when the new editions have finished development and are launched, I personally cannot wait.
  70. Aug 4, 2013
    Like every other Mario Kart, this one is amazing as usual.

Id say this might be the best one, maybe the second best after the Wii version. What makes it so good is, The tight controls and gameplay. The online which was introduced to the series along with this game. The multiplayer is amazing and where the game shines the most. The fact that its all on a handheld. Especially
    Like every other Mario Kart, this one is amazing as usual.

Id say this might be the best one, maybe the second best after the Wii version.

What makes it so good is,

The tight controls and gameplay.
    The online which was introduced to the series along with this game.
    The multiplayer is amazing and where the game shines the most.
    The fact that its all on a handheld.

Especially the simple customization within the multiplayer that gives you the option to decide how cups are structured is brilliant!

The biggest downside is that they didn't balance the game mechanics well enough which has enabled something known as "snaking".

That aside, its a perfect racer for the handheld.

Easily a 10 out of 10 and recommended for everyone who likes good videogames.
  71. Jul 9, 2014
    Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob RobRob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Expand
  72. Aug 15, 2014
    Oh gosh, this game is great! This was one of the biggest influences of my childhood! It was one of the video games that really got me into gaming. While the multi-player isn't too impressive, what really makes it stand out is the single-player mode. It's great! There's the Grand Prix Mode, Time Trials, VS Race (A.K.A Free Run), Battle Mode and Mission Mode! I really have enjoyed this gameOh gosh, this game is great! This was one of the biggest influences of my childhood! It was one of the video games that really got me into gaming. While the multi-player isn't too impressive, what really makes it stand out is the single-player mode. It's great! There's the Grand Prix Mode, Time Trials, VS Race (A.K.A Free Run), Battle Mode and Mission Mode! I really have enjoyed this game since I was eight and still love it to pieces to this day! Apart from the DS not being the most appropriate for larger hands like mine, the control is perfect. Drifting is easy to do and enjoyable, the item balance is right so you won't see the Blue Shell too often but not everyone will get you a Bullet Bill. This course also introduced online play and retro courses! Retro courses are one of my favorite parts of the Mario Kart franchise and I owe it all to Double Dash. Your kart steers very well, nothing like Double Dash's slightly slippery driving, which isn't very helpful on windy roads where you easily fall down. While Double Dash had two incredibly good battle modes (Shine Thief and Bob-Omb Blast) I can't owe it to all that Mario Kart DS to this day has the greatest Balloon Battle out of any entry in the series! You start with one balloon, then have five more in stock. If you choose to have less balloons, you get out faster but get better items! Plus it has some great Battle Mode stages! All of them, except for Tart Top which is alright but fine since Double Dash had Tilt-A-Kart which wasn't very good either. But I like this game so much that I would play it over Mario Kart: Double Dash!
    The music is upbeat and cheerful...most of the time. It did have the horrible Yoshi Falls track, but apart from that track all other tracks were memorable for me. Especially what could be my favorite track of all time: Airship Fortress. The retro track music isn't quite as good as the original games, but still pretty good to me!
    Snaking got me competitive as well, so those are great aspect of these games. While the retro tracks didn't have such a proud selection (could've had better GBA and N64 stages), I'm very happy with a lot of these tracks. My second favorite video game of all time! It deserves a ten for all it has done!
  73. Feb 12, 2015
    I managed to beat the game and unlock everything. Despite the lack of voice over, it's still a fun game to play.
    Mario Kart games are what made people get those consoles like SNES, N64, GBA, Gamecube, etc. etc.
  74. Mar 16, 2015
    Das war eines meiner ersten Spiele und es hatte ein großes Wirken auf meine Gamingerfahrung , denn nun wusste ich um ein weiteres Stück mehr , was ein episches Spiel ausmacht . Ich habe es immer genossen , allein oder mit meinen Freunden in nie langweiligen Wettkämpfen herumzufahren und die Atmosphäre , die dieses Spiel preisgibt , auf mich wirken zu lassen . Danke , Nintendo ! ^-^
  75. Jan 29, 2016
    This game has to be one of the best Mario Karts! The awesome courses, like Waluigi Pinball, Delfino Square, Tick-Tock Clock, are very fun to play! Never forget this awesome DS Game!
  76. Aug 1, 2016
    Mario Kart DS is my 3rd favorite of this series cause the courses are amazing and the game has good variety as well as PERFECT gameplay. So this game is perfect.
  77. Jul 18, 2017
    El juego de mario kart con el que entré a la saga. Sin duda ya era un juego increible, pero las pruebas/minijuegos que añade lo rematan. Por mi parte tiene el mejor modo batalla de la saga.
  78. Jan 27, 2018
    Probably my favorite mario kart game - I've put so many hours upon hours into this game.
  79. MathewA.
    Jan 8, 2006
    Mario Kart DS is worth buying for the single player experience alone, but the addition of online gameplay and wireless multiplayer make it a must-buy for any DS owner out there. Not quite a ten, but pretty damn close.
  80. SaphireP.
    Mar 4, 2007
    If you don't have an wireless connection it's an awful shame because you're missing out on a lot of fun that could be have, but even without online multiplayer the game fares well in itself with bonus mission and time trial modes, it puts itself up as the best and most popular Mario Kart title in the series so far. Keep on kartin'
  81. DavidN.
    Jun 3, 2007
    It isn't perfect by any means, but it's the best racing game on the DS, and I dare say, THE best game on the DS at the moment. From the lame trend of 'casual games' for the DS, I see Mario Kart being the top title for a long time.
  82. HexenM.
    Sep 7, 2007
    I like this game but their are not enough corses to play on. It is fun at all turms.The Wi-fi mode is fun and meny times I've gotten 1st place in it. I wish that their were more corses.I would give it a 9 out of 10.
  83. JulianR
    Nov 10, 2008
    An absolutely brilliant game. One of the best DS games ever made. My only issue is it's very easy to get frustrated, especially with 150 cc mirror.
  84. johnl
    Aug 7, 2009
    it is one of the best games in the world. best graphics in the world today but it is hard to find things on the internet that is on the game
  85. DarrenZ.
    Nov 16, 2005
    There's really nothing bad to say about this one. I took off one point because of the anemic online options and lack of Rumble Pak support, but those are niggling criticisms at best. This is a terrific game!
  86. JohnnyD.
    Apr 27, 2006
    this game really good challanging and fun , their are some raelly good tracks many fun caracktars and unlockabals.
  87. CoreyS.
    May 20, 2006
    A great game that you can play over and over again. The best new addition to the series is the online play. The online may be missing some of the things from single player but it's great to finally have a good challenge.
  88. ChrisH.
    Aug 10, 2006
    Although this game is truly addicting and great graphically, once completed you can probably beat any track and come first in the hardest setting. The wifi is good, but again unreliable and when you play the other players are in the bloody air. Other than this the game is amazing!
  89. Jon
    Jan 3, 2007
    The game is very fun, offers a lot of cars, Mirror Mode is an unexpected feature, and the ballon battles, shine runners, and missions make it very versatile depending on your intrests in a racing game. Allowing custom logos is awesome.
  90. DennisI.
    Jul 11, 2007
    It's my favorite DS-Game, it was not cheap, but the money was worth it.
  91. KikaE.
    Aug 9, 2008
    This game was a fun ride! My only complaint is that snaking is too easy to do, and overpowers people who choose to do that. And this game is no where near easy, very challenging, whether it be WiFi or 150cc Mirror or not.
  92. WhyNot?
    Feb 16, 2009
    When I first played Mario Kart DS, waaaay back in 2006, I thought "hmm, this is probably the same as Mario Kart 64 and the original for the SNES". Two minutes was all it took to change my mind. After playing one track, I realized that I was holding a masterpiece. Of course, you may wonder "isn't this the same Mario Kart as the last 4 versions?" Aha, but that's where you're When I first played Mario Kart DS, waaaay back in 2006, I thought "hmm, this is probably the same as Mario Kart 64 and the original for the SNES". Two minutes was all it took to change my mind. After playing one track, I realized that I was holding a masterpiece. Of course, you may wonder "isn't this the same Mario Kart as the last 4 versions?" Aha, but that's where you're wrong. With 16 brand-new tracks, 12 characters to race with (anyone remember ROB?), and multiplayer capabilities both locally and online, this is probably better than any other version. For a DS game, the graphics are beautiful -- it may not look like the Wii version, but what more do you want from a handheld? The music on the tracks is surprisingly catchy, too. My only gripe is the limited Wi-Fi capabilities. Why not be able to have an eight-player race? That's the only thing keeping me from giving it a higher score. I give Mario Kart a 93 out of 100. Expand
  93. WesG.
    Nov 16, 2005
    As if the nostalgia of seeing the old SNES tracks in 3D wasn't enough, the new tracks are fantastic (especially in the unlockable courses). The single player game gets a little old, but as with all Mario Karts, it's really all about the multiplayer. Single cart play, while restricted, really doesn't get old.
  94. JeffE.
    Nov 22, 2005
    However kicka.s it is, the online play still leaves much to be desired - especially given the fact that they included mock versions of the battle modes just to show us indeed how awesome those modes would be if they were online. I also find that there are limited choices with setting up a game with both friends and random strangers etc. It's more of a roulette game - which is fine. However kicka.s it is, the online play still leaves much to be desired - especially given the fact that they included mock versions of the battle modes just to show us indeed how awesome those modes would be if they were online. I also find that there are limited choices with setting up a game with both friends and random strangers etc. It's more of a roulette game - which is fine. Chat would've been nice also. I'm definitely not harping on the game I just focused on the negatives first cos everything else is basically flawless. Single player modes are great and the online play that does exist is pretty genius and great fun. I just wish they would've put more time into this one - with more options I don't think i'd be looking for another DS game for a long while. Expand
  95. TylerM.
    Jan 22, 2006
    Mario Kart is an excellent game even for people who dislike racing games. This game takes the best of every Mario Kart and makes it successful. The wi-fi is the main problem for me because you must have the friend code of another person to play against them but other than that the wi-fi is well executed, as well as the game.
  96. Tom
    Oct 26, 2006
    I love this game. There's loads for you to do in single player: 8 cups to win x 4 speed groups, time trials, missions and you can even have ballons battles/"shinerunner" battles with 7 other CPU karts. I'm also addicted to the online play, making my own emblem for people to see when I overtake them. You can play random people, or people who, by their stats, are similar in I love this game. There's loads for you to do in single player: 8 cups to win x 4 speed groups, time trials, missions and you can even have ballons battles/"shinerunner" battles with 7 other CPU karts. I'm also addicted to the online play, making my own emblem for people to see when I overtake them. You can play random people, or people who, by their stats, are similar in ability to you so it becomes more of a challenge. Buy this game, your DS NEEDS it. Expand
  97. MatthewS.
    Jan 27, 2007
    This game is one in a million! It's the greatest MK game by far, no doubt there. The only flaw I see is the fact that you can't play the other 16 courses on Wifi. (Well, I once played a guy who was somehow able to do pick Tick Tock Clock, Bowser Castle and some strange course called Shy Guy. So there must be some code or unlockable way to get it). Anyway, this game is the bomb This game is one in a million! It's the greatest MK game by far, no doubt there. The only flaw I see is the fact that you can't play the other 16 courses on Wifi. (Well, I once played a guy who was somehow able to do pick Tick Tock Clock, Bowser Castle and some strange course called Shy Guy. So there must be some code or unlockable way to get it). Anyway, this game is the bomb and you won't be disappointed! Expand
  98. ShanellG.
    Jul 17, 2007
    Great game it has a great range of levels and characters in my opinion it's well spent money.
  99. PatrickC.
    Jul 21, 2008
    Brilliant game design! I bought this just as a change-of-pace game (I don't usually care for real-time games), taking a chance just because it was rated so high. I'm not disappointed. Lots of fun, very addictive. Plenty of variety, considering it's basically just racing around a track. Three speeds to choose from, so it's easy enough for beginners to get into, yet Brilliant game design! I bought this just as a change-of-pace game (I don't usually care for real-time games), taking a chance just because it was rated so high. I'm not disappointed. Lots of fun, very addictive. Plenty of variety, considering it's basically just racing around a track. Three speeds to choose from, so it's easy enough for beginners to get into, yet there's plenty of room for skill-building. Expand

#1 Most Discussed DS Game of 2005
#1 Most Shared DS Game of 2005

Everything about MKDS comes together into a surprisingly compelling package, a portable racing game on par with anything ever to appear on a console.
  2. Reason alone to own the DS platform. All of the fun that has been intrinsic to the series is intact, and the much-anticipated online component simply seals the deal. This is best game in the series by far, and perhaps the best kart-style racing game ever to come along.
    It's hard to imagine how Nintendo's going to improve on what they've done for this stunning portable rendition. There's so much gameplay and depth in this design, moreso than the series has ever had in the past.