Mario Kart DS DS

8.6

1. Sep 24, 2010
    No question, one of the best video games I've ever played. I've played this game for nearly 5 years, and I'm still hooked on Mario Kart DS. I love it!
  2. Mar 28, 2013
    The story behind it
    The story behind it
    Mario kart is a racing game that was first launched on the super Nintendo entertainment system in 1962 which was known as Mario kart 64 and is also available via Google play store as well, to date there has been four Mario karts games for home consoles (ds and wii), three for portable games and 2 Namco arcade games. The most recent edition to the Mario kart series is Mario kart 7 which was released onto 3DS sometime last year, there are two more games in the Mario kart series in development which ach are one for the new wii u system and another arcade edition which could hit the shops any time now. The Mario kart games have developed so much over time and the producer has bought in many new things and changed the content every time this has included new items, new characters and many more as well as new tracks different elements, this was to keep the game play fresh and so people who bought all of them weren’t getting the same thing every time so if u has all of them you are never getting the same game on each edition because new content is always added. The one on the ds was probably one of the best racing games ive ever played. Each series contained at least 16 original courses and plus different versions of current tracks E.G. Rainbow road was included in the 16 but then rainbow road 2 was a sequel and not included in the 16 because this was one of the tracks that was released at a later date.

Suitability
    The game is suitable for all ages as there is absolutely no violence involved and everyone can play it as it’s a family game which everyone one can play, it is quite addictive because you never know what is going to happen as there is many different tracks which contain many different obstacles so this game isn’t something you can really practice as there is so much content and so many obstacles involved within it. It doesn’t affect your social impacts because it is actually good because you are getting exercise whether you are playing it on Wii or DS. Why it is a good game
    It was a very good game as there is so much game play and technical ability involved within and is never boring because you never know what is going to happen. The game also tests how quick you are at reacting for example when the obstacles such as rocks are rolling down the track you have to react quickly in order to dodge them as if you get hit if you have any items these will be lost and also any coins that were collected along the track a 1/3 of them will be lost (Mario kart 7 only)I love the technical ability of this game and has got better and better every time a new one is released because this game is no ordinary racing game and is never boring because of all the different items and the different effects that the game unleashes in the middle of the laps, my personal favourite track is rainbow road because I love the colours as is a quick reaction track because the track has a very tight specific area you have to stick too and the layout of the track is consistent so this is also hard where as the others there is side bits that you can use instead of the normal section of the track to try and get more items and to try and get a head start on everyone else but rainbow road doesn’t and is just straight track from start to finish and also contains loops to try and distract you to try and make you fall off, the other reason is it’s a good game is because it enables you to race against other people all over the world using the built in wireless connection system which adds alot of excitement and pressure into the game which is another reason why this is probably why this is one of the best racing games around and will probably only get better when the new editions have finished development and are launched, I personally cannot wait.
  3. Richard
    Apr 11, 2006
    Wow! This game definitely lived up to the hype! The graphics are smooth and slick and the controls are very simple easy to learn. The online experience is incredible and setting up is just as easy as turning on the game. There are tons of modes and stuff that you can do. In addition to the grand prix and time trials, you have over 50 unique missions that are designed to improve your Wow! This game definitely lived up to the hype! The graphics are smooth and slick and the controls are very simple easy to learn. The online experience is incredible and setting up is just as easy as turning on the game. There are tons of modes and stuff that you can do. In addition to the grand prix and time trials, you have over 50 unique missions that are designed to improve your skills offensively and defensively. Mario Kart DS is truly a masterful racing game; it is a Mario kart fan's dream come true. It has brought the Mario kart series into full gear and boy, what a rush of fun! Expand
  4. Jan 9, 2014
    The best racer on the DS. Even though it's not my favorite Mario Kart game, this game is great for the DS. I had a lot of fun with this game, it's one of the best games on the DS.
  5. Apr 4, 2015
    This game is decent. Not the best Mario Kart but pretty good. The graphics are okay for DS. The tracks were fine. The character selection is average. The gameplay is good. Mario Kart DS is a good Mario Kart game but there are other Mario Karts better. I would say it's worth getting to add to your MK collection.
  6. Feb 26, 2015
    I find this game okay, The characters were great,the graphics were okay,the gameplay is okay,the challenge mode is fine. I conquered this game 100% and is definitely a must get. The stages and courses are great. Overall, it was awesome.
  7. Apr 24, 2011
    One Of The Best Games Ever Made! Great Great Great! I Was So Shocked How Much I Loved It!
  8. C.Henry
    Jul 21, 2006
    All the best aspects of Mario Kart, and you can bring it with you. Local WiFi and worldwide online play is awesome (except for snakers.)
  9. Jul 20, 2011
    Mario Kart DS offers all the polished gameplay and peerless multiplayer mode you'd expect from a Mario Kart Game. Ther's plenty of depth too with the excellent mission mode, battle mode, and tons of hidden karts and characters to unlock. Personally i would have liked a few more original tracks but you can't have everything eh?
  10. MichaelR.
    Oct 25, 2008
    One word: over-rated. Reading that, you might be wondering why I gave it an 8. Simply put, this is a solid title, and certainly the best game in the Mario Kart series, but it simply does not live up to the hype surrounding it. What you have in this title is a simplistic, cute, and engaging racing game. Nothing more, nothing less. There are a number of options, but most do not add anything One word: over-rated. Reading that, you might be wondering why I gave it an 8. Simply put, this is a solid title, and certainly the best game in the Mario Kart series, but it simply does not live up to the hype surrounding it. What you have in this title is a simplistic, cute, and engaging racing game. Nothing more, nothing less. There are a number of options, but most do not add anything of substance to the title (the exception is the terrific missions mode, which adds some challenge to this title). This is a fun game that will entertain almost anyone (young and old, racing fans and non-racing fans alike; I personally hate racing games; but this is more skin to Wacky Racers than it is Nascar or Gran Turismo: it has a goofy sense of fun that makes it a joy to play), But do not approach this expecting the greatest title on the DS. At least in my opinion, it isn't. But it is a fun and simple game that has infinite replayability. Expand
  11. MathewA.
    Jan 8, 2006
    Mario Kart DS is worth buying for the single player experience alone, but the addition of online gameplay and wireless multiplayer make it a must-buy for any DS owner out there. Not quite a ten, but pretty damn close.
  12. Aug 13, 2010
    This is a brilliant racing game, the best on DS. With loads of characters and tracks, challenges, and battles it will really have you coming back for more. Very highly reccomended.
  13. Oct 16, 2010
    This game goes perfect in every way almost. The drifting mechanics feel pefect if you dont drift at all you fell perfect the courses provide so much variety. your oppenets drive perfectly and put up a fight. But this game strives th most with multypler. It has single card ds download, multycard ds download, and it even has online multyplayer. The online multyplayer isnt as fun as the dsThis game goes perfect in every way almost. The drifting mechanics feel pefect if you dont drift at all you fell perfect the courses provide so much variety. your oppenets drive perfectly and put up a fight. But this game strives th most with multypler. It has single card ds download, multycard ds download, and it even has online multyplayer. The online multyplayer isnt as fun as the ds download thogh. Mostly because your sitting next to your freinds so when there pulling up to the finish line at moo moo farm and you use three perfectly timed mushromms to take the lead and break his hopes of breaking your 7 game win streak you can rub it all in your face. The career mode is nice increasing in difficulty not because you oppenets are getting better but you getting slower making you have to use you powerups more wisley. There is also missions that your character takes place in but i never realy got into these because there not actually races there mor varied but not as fun. The cast af characters and karts is great although it had to be cut down so the game could fit into the hardrive that the ds offers. THe only reason I gave this game a nine is because im harsh and the online multyplayer is choppy. Expand
  14. Jan 16, 2011
    Shame this game has gone missing somewhere. Oh yes AnonymousMC. A PSP is a portable PS2. No wait. The games on it suck and there's only a few games worth playing on it. The DS is original and not like the Wii most of the games are not shovelware. Just what I'd expect from a Sony Guy. Oh the game. Sorry. The graphics are really good for a DS game, the game is really fun to play, theShame this game has gone missing somewhere. Oh yes AnonymousMC. A PSP is a portable PS2. No wait. The games on it suck and there's only a few games worth playing on it. The DS is original and not like the Wii most of the games are not shovelware. Just what I'd expect from a Sony Guy. Oh the game. Sorry. The graphics are really good for a DS game, the game is really fun to play, the multiplayer is really good, the tracks are fun to play on and some Retro tracks are back and the music is back and has not been messed around with too much. The only two bones I have to pick with it though is that there's not much tracks to race on and Shine Runners is just a stupid idea. If you own a DS and don't have this, this game needs to be added to your collection. Expand
  15. Aug 1, 2011
    People can nitpick about minor issues, but here's the truth. Mario Kart DS is a great racing game, and that's hard to deny. It's addictive and very fun to play. Great game!
  16. Nov 27, 2011
    Although there has been some complaints, I thought this was one of the best ds games ever!! You start of with 4 or 5 people, with only a few karts, so it is quite boring, but then if you get better, you get even more karts, I am now on one of the last things you can get, he is called B.O.B and he is great. You can also go online and race against other people from other parts of the world!!Although there has been some complaints, I thought this was one of the best ds games ever!! You start of with 4 or 5 people, with only a few karts, so it is quite boring, but then if you get better, you get even more karts, I am now on one of the last things you can get, he is called B.O.B and he is great. You can also go online and race against other people from other parts of the world!! You can also "link up" with friends or family if they don't have the actual game and you can have a blast! There is soo much to this game, I have lots of things to do on it aswell still! I would recomend it to children over 3 yrs old :) Expand
  17. JamesD.
    Jan 30, 2006
    An excellent game to play both wireless and alone.
  18. AlejandroG.
    Aug 10, 2006
    It lacks the necessary variety in the single player mode. Overhandicapped in multiplayer mode.
  19. Apr 15, 2012
    this game was fun but got tiring after wards and I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo gald they came out with the mario kart 7 game
  20. Adultgamer
    Dec 1, 2005
    not a bad attempt but still nothing compairs to the original SNES version. i think its time to upgrade to a better handheld. and while we are hear have you seen the mess of burnout DS, this hand held is just not made to display 3D graphics.
  21. Nov 15, 2011
    "Mario Kart" is a great multiplayer game with many characters and fun stuff to do...with friends!!!! Co-op rocks!!! BUT. It gets too repetitive due to the lack of single-player. If your fine with that, you'll live with the game.
  22. GeorgeC.
    Apr 7, 2007
    I read the reviews and they were all good for Mario Kart DS. I thought that it would actually be a good game, since the DS doesn't have many fun games. I got my DS about a year ago and I got it with a game, Metroid Prime Hunters, which I didn't enjoy playing. I haven't touched my DS for about 6 months and I thought this game would change that, but when I got it, it was very I read the reviews and they were all good for Mario Kart DS. I thought that it would actually be a good game, since the DS doesn't have many fun games. I got my DS about a year ago and I got it with a game, Metroid Prime Hunters, which I didn't enjoy playing. I haven't touched my DS for about 6 months and I thought this game would change that, but when I got it, it was very dissapointing. The graphics are pretty bad. The handling for the cars is impossible to get used to. The sound is repetitive and I ended up playing with the sound off. This game has only a few tracks, and they got boring after the first or second time I raced on them (One track held my interest for maybe five races though). After a day of playing this game I am afraid to say that my DS will begin collecting dust on my shelf, until another game that looks fun comes around. Collapse
  23. ZackP.
    Sep 29, 2007
    This game is not that good it is way to easy.
  24. CaitlinA
    Aug 29, 2009
    When I got this I already had the Wii version and I expected it to be great. It isn't really that good and you can get bored so easily that's why I'm only giving it a 4. I'd give Mario Kart Wii a 9 though =)
  25. DonaldR
    Dec 29, 2009
    Talk about false advertising! I saw this game on one of ant and decs adverts being a big fan of ant and dec and britains got talent i presumed it would include stars from the show like susan boyle and paul potts but no all it has was some stupid italian steriotypes and poorly designed side characters Also this game is incredibly anti enviormental! oil spills are treat as if they are a Talk about false advertising! I saw this game on one of ant and decs adverts being a big fan of ant and dec and britains got talent i presumed it would include stars from the show like susan boyle and paul potts but no all it has was some stupid italian steriotypes and poorly designed side characters Also this game is incredibly anti enviormental! oil spills are treat as if they are a good thing! not to mention all the fumes from the cars honestly what sort of message is nontendo trying to give! do not buy this for you or your children it is downright terrible who wants to play as some guy called mario or luigi they dont even have number 1 hits! Expand
  26. May 7, 2011
    Every Mario Kart game is biased. I was playing multiplayer with my friend and I noticed whenever she was first there was absolutely no blue shells. When I was first I got absolutely annihilated. Plus it's all the same and little skill is needed.
  27. Apr 24, 2012
    A really really boring and bad game.The game has no point to it at all.The mission are so so BORING!
  28. AnonymousMC
    Nov 24, 2006
    DS Sucks DS Sucks DS Sucks DS Sucks DS Sucks DS Sucks DS Sucks DS Sucks DS Sucks PSP Rocks PSP Rocks PSP Rocks PSP Rocks PSP Rucks DS SUCKS PSP ROCKS
  29. Jon
    Jan 3, 2007
    The game is very fun, offers a lot of cars, Mirror Mode is an unexpected feature, and the ballon battles, shine runners, and missions make it very versatile depending on your intrests in a racing game. Allowing custom logos is awesome.
  30. AustinB.
    Feb 5, 2007
    This game is great I just played it today on my friend ds (my other friend let me use the game).This game is one of the best out of seven games I've played in my life!
  31. AnonymousMC
    Dec 28, 2005
    really i dont understand all the hype there is about this game...the online capabilities are limited, the graphics i think are sloppy even for the ds, and its just the same old mario kart that we've played before only with online play...if this is supposed to be nintendo's best for the ds then...im really disappointed....
  32. RecardoB.
    Feb 17, 2007
    Being the number one fan of the original Mario Kart I found it hard to adopt this game. I do play it , but not with the same fervor as Mario Kart or Mario Kart 64.
  33. AnonymousMC
    Nov 14, 2005
    Mario Kart DS is THE best kart racer in current history. Nintendo put real time into this one. There is more depth to this MK than any other before it, with in-depth kart stats, INGENIOUS level designs, and an absolutely PERFECT control scheme. Not to mention it has the BEST GRAPHICS of any DS game so far.

So what if the online part is a tad lacking? You'll still have hella fun

So what if the online part is a tad lacking? You'll still have hella fun playing with people you don't know, courtesy the fantastic controls and addicting gameplay. There is absolutely no reason to not own this game. Even if you don't have a DS, buy the game so you can stare at it and behold its wonder. You won't regret it.
  34. Aug 16, 2010
    Mario Kart Ds is definitely the best portable racers if not the best portable game ever, it has good graphics fun gameplay, good local multiplayer and online, and great controls, but by no means is the game perfect. Mario Kart Ds is a new installment in the long running series of games from Nintendo. The Mario Kart games are racers with a twist, power ups. In the game there are many powerMario Kart Ds is definitely the best portable racers if not the best portable game ever, it has good graphics fun gameplay, good local multiplayer and online, and great controls, but by no means is the game perfect. Mario Kart Ds is a new installment in the long running series of games from Nintendo. The Mario Kart games are racers with a twist, power ups. In the game there are many power ups that will give you the edge on enemy racers. All the power ups in Mario kart are varied and strange, for example there are green shells that you use as projectiles, and red shells you use as heat seeking projectiles. Like I said Mario kart is not perfect but Its problems are few and small problems, but the problems are still there. One problem is that the game is very easy on any difficulty, so if your looking for a racer were your biting your nail hopping you will win you should look some were else because this isn't it. Mario kart's other problem is that while it is very easy it sometimes also feels cheep because the enemy racers will hit with multiple power ups (like shells) one after the other till you go from 1st to last. Overall Mario Kart ds is a great new installment to the series. Expand
  35. Aug 23, 2010
    A near flawless Mario Kart experience, but could have beniffeted from being released later in the DS's timeline, so as to include more tracks and characters. Even saying that, MArio Kart DS is packed with content, featuring 32 tracks and a decent amount of characters. With sme smooth and solid grpahics for DS, this is a definitive racing experience, and has a lot more soul than the WiiA near flawless Mario Kart experience, but could have beniffeted from being released later in the DS's timeline, so as to include more tracks and characters. Even saying that, MArio Kart DS is packed with content, featuring 32 tracks and a decent amount of characters. With sme smooth and solid grpahics for DS, this is a definitive racing experience, and has a lot more soul than the Wii version. With another player, the rel fun begins, and the spirit of Mario Kar comes alive- pure multiplayer fun. Expand
  36. Jan 23, 2012
    As the same with Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Kart DS is the first DS game I have ever phad and in a broad perspective, the best Mario Kart game ever made. Everything is done right in this game. Its track selection is amazing, the gameplay is the most balanced out of all the Mario Karts, it has more contents than any other Mario Kart games and introduced the greatest thing to ever happenAs the same with Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Kart DS is the first DS game I have ever phad and in a broad perspective, the best Mario Kart game ever made. Everything is done right in this game. Its track selection is amazing, the gameplay is the most balanced out of all the Mario Karts, it has more contents than any other Mario Kart games and introduced the greatest thing to ever happen to Mario Kart: multiplayer racing. This is the perfect Mario Kart game and one of the best games on the Nintendo DS. Expand
  37. Sep 16, 2010
    Mario Kart is as enjoyable as ever- and with online / local network play and over thirty tracks to choose from, the DS title is a more than welcome addition to the series. The lack of DS graphical power is certainly not as issue here, with the gameplay being as tight and as intense as it always has been. It's very difficult to find someone who doesn't enjoy playing Mario Kart in some shapeMario Kart is as enjoyable as ever- and with online / local network play and over thirty tracks to choose from, the DS title is a more than welcome addition to the series. The lack of DS graphical power is certainly not as issue here, with the gameplay being as tight and as intense as it always has been. It's very difficult to find someone who doesn't enjoy playing Mario Kart in some shape or form, whatever the age, and the same can certainly be said for this latest hand-held release. Expand
  38. Dec 25, 2010
    Mario Kart DS is a racing game, in which the player races in a kart against other racers as one of 13 characters, each with three karts to choose from. While racing, the Nintendo DS's top screen offers a third-person perspective of the player's kart, while the bottom touchscreen shows the race's current standings, items carried by each racer, and a map of the course. The bottom screen canMario Kart DS is a racing game, in which the player races in a kart against other racers as one of 13 characters, each with three karts to choose from. While racing, the Nintendo DS's top screen offers a third-person perspective of the player's kart, while the bottom touchscreen shows the race's current standings, items carried by each racer, and a map of the course. The bottom screen can be toggled to show either an overview of the entire course, or a bird's-eye view of the player's kart and the immediate vicinity, including nearby racers, course hazards, item boxes, and incoming attacks. Each course features item boxes that the player can drive through to receive a randomly selected item, which the player can use to gain an advantage over other racers. Some items allow the player to attack other racers to slow them down, while other items can be used to speed up the player's own kart to pass other racers more easily. Thank you Wikipedia, this game is absoulete excellent. Expand
  39. Oct 28, 2011
    Mario Kart DS, The fifth game in the Mario Kart series and the second game in the Mario kart Series for Nintendo's portable consoles is what would be expected to anyone who has played the previous or future titles in the series, it is a competitive racing game with a large variety of strange and wacky items, power ups and weapons to use with a large cast of Mario series characters whichMario Kart DS, The fifth game in the Mario Kart series and the second game in the Mario kart Series for Nintendo's portable consoles is what would be expected to anyone who has played the previous or future titles in the series, it is a competitive racing game with a large variety of strange and wacky items, power ups and weapons to use with a large cast of Mario series characters which include Mario, Luigi, Wario, Yoshi, Peach, Toad, Donkey Kong and King "Bowser" Koopa along with four unlockable extra characters. The game's main mode Gran Prix consists of eight Cups, four cups with original race tracks and 4 cups with random tracks from older Mario Kart releases. There is a Mission mode for challenges and boss battles, a single player Ballon Battle mode and Shine Runners mode with AI opponents, a Time Trail mode for you to practice for best times and race ghost data. There are also multiple multiplayer modes including a Download Play demo for friends to try out (your friend will play as a Shyguy of a random colour and you will only have access to two of the eight cups), wireless multiplayer which includes "Balloon Battle" "Shine Runners" and "Gran Prix Modes" and Wifi multiplayer modes which consists of a Gran Prix of 4 races on tracks voted by the players against different player types with include "Regional" players from your general area, "Worldwide" players from all over the world, "Rivals" with similar online records to you and "Friends" which you have added to your friends list via registering their friend code. The Wifi multiplayer game gives more than enough replayablility and excitement to encourage players to keep coming back for more and to ensure that buyers get value from their purchase. There are some annoying parts to Wifi multiplayer that needs to be addressed however, some racetrack environmental hazards are disabled to stop players online from desyncing or laging with other opponents, You can't drag items behind your kart to protect yourself from damage for similar lag reasons (this can be somewhat solved by skillfully dropping your item right before a weapon collides with you to block it), there is quite a bit of players online with vulgar usernames or avatars or with hacking tools in use in an attempt to ruin the fun of the game and there are frequent trends of players disconnecting if they feel they are going to lose or it they assume a player is hacking or cheating even if they are not. An amazing game that is well worth the price you pay for it but primitive Wifi multiplayer services (from 2005, one of the first Wifi games for DS) and frustrating behaviours of online players can be a tad bit annoying to get used to. Expand
  40. Apr 27, 2011
    8.5/10 = Great = A fun portable racer that's accessable and innovative with it's online features. Got repetitive for me though.
  41. Dec 29, 2010
    Four or so years on, I'm still playing it. That's how great and addictive this game is. It had geat depth and the Mission mode is a nice addition. The Vs mode will have you coming back for more like it has with me over and over again complete with some of the best tracks in the series. Online is solid, if slightly empty. The only dissapointment is the lack of characters. Although Yoshi wasFour or so years on, I'm still playing it. That's how great and addictive this game is. It had geat depth and the Mission mode is a nice addition. The Vs mode will have you coming back for more like it has with me over and over again complete with some of the best tracks in the series. Online is solid, if slightly empty. The only dissapointment is the lack of characters. Although Yoshi was there, so I'm not too bothered. Besides that, it's a solid racer that is a worthy entry into the Mario Kart series, despite it lacking the series staple of having you and three other mates huddled around a TV racing each other. Expand
  42. Jan 9, 2011
    This game is so addictive.
  43. Jan 8, 2011
    If you are lloking for a great Mario adventure to pass the time, don't miss out on Mario Kart DS. Including all the great extras, it would be a great addition to any DS collection. There is no story line to go along with the game, but the simplicity and dynamics of the game will keep you playing for hours on end.
  44. Mar 14, 2011
    This game is simply epic. There is so much to do, and so many different character/kart combinations to race. My particular favorite is Time Trials- an addition to the game that makes it never get old. This game is one of the many outstandingly enjoyable Mario games on DS.
  45. Mar 25, 2011
    A great game for a pretty good price. It's a load of fun with friends but the multiplayer over wi-fi usually feels too buggy, laggy or even sometimes has cheaters. The tournaments are great and the game even has a mini-games area. It has a bunch of vehicles and characters that have different sets of cars. You can unlock more cars by playing through the tournaments. The cars can even haveA great game for a pretty good price. It's a load of fun with friends but the multiplayer over wi-fi usually feels too buggy, laggy or even sometimes has cheaters. The tournaments are great and the game even has a mini-games area. It has a bunch of vehicles and characters that have different sets of cars. You can unlock more cars by playing through the tournaments. The cars can even have customizable logos that you make!

I say pick this game up if you like Cartoon like racing. Mario is generally always good.
  46. Jul 15, 2011
    Mario Kart has lots of tracks, they look great, and they are really fun. There are lots of characters, who also look great, and are a lot of fun. There are lots of vehicles, that, surprise surprise, look great, and are lots of fun. Basically, everything looks great, everything is a lot of fun, and there is a lot of everything. This is Mario Kart, with great controls, lots of gamemodes, andMario Kart has lots of tracks, they look great, and they are really fun. There are lots of characters, who also look great, and are a lot of fun. There are lots of vehicles, that, surprise surprise, look great, and are lots of fun. Basically, everything looks great, everything is a lot of fun, and there is a lot of everything. This is Mario Kart, with great controls, lots of gamemodes, and tons of replayability. This is the perfect mobile Mario Kart game, and one you shouldn't miss. Expand
  47. May 25, 2011
    Even though Mario Kart Wii supports 12 people in WiFi, 4 is enough for frantic action in WiFi on Mario Kart DS. The smooth controls, great graphics, and excellent soundtrack make this game a gem. What I DON'T like in this installment, however, is the abuse of the drifting in WiFi.
  48. Nov 11, 2011
    I wouldn't call it the best in the series, but other than having its moments, it has fantastic gameplay that captures the feeling similarly to Mario Kart 64 and Super Mario Kart.
  49. Dec 14, 2011
    For something made in 2005, this game is underrated. It may be one of the best video games ever produced that year. Nintendo has upped its game. Extremely recommended for 7+ kids and adults all alike.
  50. Feb 13, 2012
    Purely the best racing game ever made. With online play (being a first for the series), missions, and tons of characters and stages to unlock, this game could keep you occupied forever. Must have for any racing fan.
  51. Dec 7, 2012
    I seriously don't get how people like this game. The one reason I take away three point three out of ten is because of its horrendous graphics, I know, I'm being cruel, but here's an idea, why don't you make it like the one for gameboy advanced or Super Nintendo, so the graphics would look half decent. One aspect that is a positive would be the variety of character (compared to the minimalI seriously don't get how people like this game. The one reason I take away three point three out of ten is because of its horrendous graphics, I know, I'm being cruel, but here's an idea, why don't you make it like the one for gameboy advanced or Super Nintendo, so the graphics would look half decent. One aspect that is a positive would be the variety of character (compared to the minimal selection in 7). Overall, 6.7/10 Expand
  52. Jan 28, 2016
    It was one of the first mario kart games I played and it did not entertain me all that much also the graphics suck and it really is bad game.In other words the worst game in the series(Mario kart 5)
  53. MichaelA.
    Mar 30, 2006
    This game is so unbelievably great! My only downside is that the AI is too easy, but I found a way to make beating the computers harder. This game definitely deserves a 10. Nintendo, you've done it again!
  54. SaphireP.
    Mar 4, 2007
    If you don't have an wireless connection it's an awful shame because you're missing out on a lot of fun that could be have, but even without online multiplayer the game fares well in itself with bonus mission and time trial modes, it puts itself up as the best and most popular Mario Kart title in the series so far. Keep on kartin'
  55. GraedenN
    Oct 13, 2009
    Love this game, the best game I've ever play on the DS. Awesome graphics and ability to make your own emblems for other people to see on Wifi.
  56. HartD.
    Nov 15, 2005
    Best racing game ever on a handheld, possibly the best handheld game ever. It is worth buying a DS just to play MK: DS. Online is flawless, including a handy rival mode where you are paired with people at your level of skill.
  57. AnonymousMC
    Nov 18, 2005
    I have to agree with "the knife" below... its so good it makes double dash poop. although i never had an hour long professional blowjob, or an iv drip of rich belgian chocolate, I too just shit myself playing this amazing title. best kart game ever!!! the only way i would give up this game is for that 1 hr long professional blowjob.... then i would go out and buy it all over again.
  58. AnthonyC.
    Jan 19, 2006
    MKDS is a great game. It does what it sets out to do. Quick, VERY fun spurts of gaming. Excellent and smooth graphics. I play this portable game on WIFI more than I play my consoles. A must buy if you have WIFI.
  59. BlueFalcon
    Dec 24, 2006
    Mission mode is an excellent addition to the series. The single player grand prix was getting a little stale just on it's own. The ai is quite excellent - it's not the horrible elasticband stuff from mk 64. I have 1 minor gripe about the entire game. When off the track, the sand/mud/grass slows you down way too much. It kind of takes away from the authenticism of the retro Mission mode is an excellent addition to the series. The single player grand prix was getting a little stale just on it's own. The ai is quite excellent - it's not the horrible elasticband stuff from mk 64. I have 1 minor gripe about the entire game. When off the track, the sand/mud/grass slows you down way too much. It kind of takes away from the authenticism of the retro tracks since none of the other games had it. Offroading is too punishing, but doesn't prevent mk ds from being an outstanding game. Expand
  60. JimmyK.
    Jan 26, 2006
    This is an awesome game especially if you have wifi. If you don't you can still play up to 7 people only if one person has the game. Perfect for school bus rides!
  61. AlexP.
    Jan 3, 2006
    Immense! Well and truely! Delivers the goods just like any of its predecessors. Cant wait to get my WiFi USB connecter and play against the World. Good going Nintendo!
  62. JG
    Feb 10, 2006
    This is what the DS has been waiting for, finally a game that is very entertaining and the online mode is awesome!
  63. BalthamosN.
    Apr 3, 2006
    Pretty fun game. If you liked Mario Kart 64, then you will probably like this game. As in all racing games, you go through tournaments and circuits. A new addition is missions; you are told to do something "like collect x coins in x seconds". Those will keep you occupied for a little bit. Multiplayer makes it a blast to play. Theres nothing better than playing with a bunch of your Pretty fun game. If you liked Mario Kart 64, then you will probably like this game. As in all racing games, you go through tournaments and circuits. A new addition is missions; you are told to do something "like collect x coins in x seconds". Those will keep you occupied for a little bit. Multiplayer makes it a blast to play. Theres nothing better than playing with a bunch of your MarioKart 64 vet friends and the horrifying scream of "blue shell". A must if you like Mario Kart. Expand
  64. MarioS.
    Jul 15, 2006
    I love this game, It's great, I havn't figured out the best racer yet, It's great though.
  65. TimS.
    Jan 6, 2007
    This game is like Halo 2...the reason it is so amazing is because of the online feature. It is a great game but they need more new levels. There's like 6. Otherwise they just combine levels from double dash and Mario Kart 64 and Super Circuit. BUY IT
  66. TomW.
    Feb 8, 2007
    One of the best DS games, just too bad the Wi-Fi play doesn't let 8 people getting connected, like in the wireless multiplayer.
  67. AndyV.
    Mar 1, 2007
    OMG! I LOVE this game! It by far outstrips mksuper! This is the first true must have Nintendo game of the decade. Keep the MK's coming!
  68. DesmondF.
    Jun 3, 2007
    best mariokart game ever
  69. DavidN.
    Jun 3, 2007
    It isn't perfect by any means, but it's the best racing game on the DS, and I dare say, THE best game on the DS at the moment. From the lame trend of 'casual games' for the DS, I see Mario Kart being the top title for a long time.
  70. OliverE.
    Aug 31, 2007
    Mario Kart is the best ! I like it because it is really challenging and all the characters are so cool ! I love the item attacks because they seem so weird ! I hope this gets into you. It's the best game Nintendo have ever created
  71. HexenM.
    Sep 7, 2007
    I like this game but their are not enough corses to play on. It is fun at all turms.The Wi-fi mode is fun and meny times I've gotten 1st place in it. I wish that their were more corses.I would give it a 9 out of 10.
  72. JulianR
    Nov 10, 2008
    An absolutely brilliant game. One of the best DS games ever made. My only issue is it's very easy to get frustrated, especially with 150 cc mirror.
  73. 4Boys
    Jan 3, 2008
    Mario Kart is brilliant. There are lots of characters, karts and tracks. 4 players can play against each other - great fun.
  74. johnl
    Aug 7, 2009
    it is one of the best games in the world. best graphics in the world today but it is hard to find things on the internet that is on the game
  75. MikeB.
    Nov 14, 2005
    This game is excellent, it combines the best parts of all the previous games and then adds some awesome now parts.
  76. Salmon
    Nov 16, 2005
    So freckin´ awesome. Best Mario Kart ever made.
  77. DarrenZ.
    Nov 16, 2005
    There's really nothing bad to say about this one. I took off one point because of the anemic online options and lack of Rumble Pak support, but those are niggling criticisms at best. This is a terrific game!
  78. JackS.
    Nov 21, 2005
    i think it was really good but one down is that i finished it in about 1 and a half days(and i wasn't playting it continously). all in all i thought is was EXCELLENT*. * May be biased
  79. JoshG.
    Nov 28, 2005
    This is the best game for the ds so far and it allows gamers to play for hours at a time with the story, multiplayer download play, and Wi-Fi internet. In my eyes this game is flawless.
  80. BobJ.
    Dec 9, 2005
    Great racing game, Mario Kart fans will love this game. You get more karts, new tracks, and sweat unlocable chacters.
  81. ChiltonP.
    Oct 2, 2006
    I loved this game. Its one of the best racing games to date. I beat it so mant times but I still love it.
  82. BrianD.
    Jan 29, 2006
    A perfect Mario Kart game. Wish there were more N64 tracks though.
    Mar 16, 2006
    Best DS game
  84. JohnnyD.
    Apr 27, 2006
    this game really good challanging and fun , their are some raelly good tracks many fun caracktars and unlockabals.
  85. CameronC.
    Apr 28, 2006
    Mario Kart has always been an addictive game to play in your spare time, and this one keeps the tradition on. This game also features much more for replay value such as mission mode, and online gameplay to test yourself against the greatest gamers out their. The only question that i ponder is how will nintendo top their next Mario Kart game after this one?
  86. CoreyS.
    May 20, 2006
    A great game that you can play over and over again. The best new addition to the series is the online play. The online may be missing some of the things from single player but it's great to finally have a good challenge.
    Jul 27, 2006
    The best racing game, and Mario game, ever, without a doubt.
  88. ChrisH.
    Aug 10, 2006
    Although this game is truly addicting and great graphically, once completed you can probably beat any track and come first in the hardest setting. The wifi is good, but again unreliable and when you play the other players are in the bloody air. Other than this the game is amazing!
  89. WoahW.
    Aug 22, 2006
    Great Game
  90. HollyM.
    Mar 5, 2007
    I play this game all the time, and I don't get tired of it. It's better than other racing games. I play every chance I get. When I race I feel like I'm really driving. You can hook up to 7 other players. You can unlock different tracks, carts, and drivers. There are 32 different tracks in all. There are over 8 drivers. You can even use WI-FI connection.
  91. DennisI.
    Jul 11, 2007
    It's my favorite DS-Game, it was not cheap, but the money was worth it.
  92. MartinN.
    Jan 3, 2008
    Nice graphics, great gameplay and multiplayer, loads of content - a must buy game!
  93. Myself
    Feb 23, 2008
    Certainly one of the best DS titles. I would put this at the top of my list of favorite DS games right next to Phantom Hourglass. I thought this game was a masterpiece. For starters the graphics look really good considering it is a handheld. Also, the controls feel very nice and the menu is very easy to navigate through using the touch screen. I am very happy to see that they brought back Certainly one of the best DS titles. I would put this at the top of my list of favorite DS games right next to Phantom Hourglass. I thought this game was a masterpiece. For starters the graphics look really good considering it is a handheld. Also, the controls feel very nice and the menu is very easy to navigate through using the touch screen. I am very happy to see that they brought back some of the race courses from the previous Mario Kart games as well. Heck, there are 8 cups in the game, making twice as long as any other Mario Kart game. One with classic tracks, such as Rainbow Road and Moo Moo Farm and then 4 brand new cups. I believe this is a game that should be owned by all Mario Kart fans if not all DS owners. This is an amazing, amazing game. Expand
  94. KikaE.
    Aug 9, 2008
    This game was a fun ride! My only complaint is that snaking is too easy to do, and overpowers people who choose to do that. And this game is no where near easy, very challenging, whether it be WiFi or 150cc Mirror or not.
  95. WhyNot?
    Feb 16, 2009
    When I first played Mario Kart DS, waaaay back in 2006, I thought "hmm, this is probably the same as Mario Kart 64 and the original for the SNES". Two minutes was all it took to change my mind. After playing one track, I realized that I was holding a masterpiece. Of course, you may wonder "isn't this the same Mario Kart as the last 4 versions?" Aha, but that's where you're When I first played Mario Kart DS, waaaay back in 2006, I thought "hmm, this is probably the same as Mario Kart 64 and the original for the SNES". Two minutes was all it took to change my mind. After playing one track, I realized that I was holding a masterpiece. Of course, you may wonder "isn't this the same Mario Kart as the last 4 versions?" Aha, but that's where you're wrong. With 16 brand-new tracks, 12 characters to race with (anyone remember ROB?), and multiplayer capabilities both locally and online, this is probably better than any other version. For a DS game, the graphics are beautiful -- it may not look like the Wii version, but what more do you want from a handheld? The music on the tracks is surprisingly catchy, too. My only gripe is the limited Wi-Fi capabilities. Why not be able to have an eight-player race? That's the only thing keeping me from giving it a higher score. I give Mario Kart a 93 out of 100. Expand
  96. WesG.
    Nov 16, 2005
    As if the nostalgia of seeing the old SNES tracks in 3D wasn't enough, the new tracks are fantastic (especially in the unlockable courses). The single player game gets a little old, but as with all Mario Karts, it's really all about the multiplayer. Single cart play, while restricted, really doesn't get old.
  97. TheKnife
    Nov 16, 2005
    unbe-Fing-lievable. makes double dash look like poop. if other games are crack this is just something else entirely. An hour-long professional blow job. an IV drip of rich belgian chocolate. that or I just shit myself.
  98. JeffE.
    Nov 22, 2005
    However kicka.s it is, the online play still leaves much to be desired - especially given the fact that they included mock versions of the battle modes just to show us indeed how awesome those modes would be if they were online. I also find that there are limited choices with setting up a game with both friends and random strangers etc. It's more of a roulette game - which is fine. However kicka.s it is, the online play still leaves much to be desired - especially given the fact that they included mock versions of the battle modes just to show us indeed how awesome those modes would be if they were online. I also find that there are limited choices with setting up a game with both friends and random strangers etc. It's more of a roulette game - which is fine. Chat would've been nice also. I'm definitely not harping on the game I just focused on the negatives first cos everything else is basically flawless. Single player modes are great and the online play that does exist is pretty genius and great fun. I just wish they would've put more time into this one - with more options I don't think i'd be looking for another DS game for a long while. Expand
  99. UseR
    Dec 1, 2005
    "But what about all those who can't get online?" What is with these rubbish reviewers? If u can;t get online, u can play single cart wireless play or multi cart wireless!! Fer crying out loud, u give it an average score just to be different, well that or ur just a deprived chld...anyway This game is fantastic game, best mario cart game ever, and has lifted the bar on the series an "But what about all those who can't get online?" What is with these rubbish reviewers? If u can;t get online, u can play single cart wireless play or multi cart wireless!! Fer crying out loud, u give it an average score just to be different, well that or ur just a deprived chld...anyway This game is fantastic game, best mario cart game ever, and has lifted the bar on the series an extra notch. Way to go Nintendo, keep up the great work!! If u haven't got this game yet, ur missing out!! Expand
  100. DesmondF.
    Dec 15, 2005
    best mariokart game ever

#1 Most Discussed DS Game of 2005
#2 Most Shared DS Game of 2005

Everything about MKDS comes together into a surprisingly compelling package, a portable racing game on par with anything ever to appear on a console.
  2. Reason alone to own the DS platform. All of the fun that has been intrinsic to the series is intact, and the much-anticipated online component simply seals the deal. This is best game in the series by far, and perhaps the best kart-style racing game ever to come along.
    It's hard to imagine how Nintendo's going to improve on what they've done for this stunning portable rendition. There's so much gameplay and depth in this design, moreso than the series has ever had in the past.