7.5

1. Oct 23, 2011
    This game is an all right bit of harmless fun and you will find yourself playing mini games again and again to get an awesome high score, especially on the higher difficulties, but after 3-4 hours playing this game I bailed out because I found it way too repetitive.
  2. Aug 10, 2013
    This is a must have game if you are looking for a good multiplayer experience!

Great board designs, good minigames and a lot of fun simply put.

9 out of 10!
  3. Apr 5, 2015
    Ths game is okay. There are many better but it is worth playing. The Character Selection is okay. The Boards are awesome. Bowser's Pinball is my favourite. The story is fine. The graphics are good for the DS. Mario Party DS is a good MP game but not the best, but it is worth buying. This is also my first DS game.
  4. Apr 4, 2015
    This game is okay. My least favourite MP besides Advance. The graphics were okay. The character selection is okay. The boards were fine. Some minigames are good. Some are a bit boring. Mario Party DS is an average game. It's your choice if you want to get it or not.
  5. DS
    Dec 27, 2007
    While it initially looks fun, you will quickly realize you cannot beat the CPU players at certain minigames. The minigames are also frustrating and unimaginative. Nintendo should revoke the franchise from Hudson and develop their own.
  6. Jan 20, 2012
    The mini games where addicting and I just love playing as toad. Playing it like monopoly is cool. Thumbs up for Nintendo. The graphics are so lovely. The music is soothing.
  7. Nov 8, 2011
    It is similar to the previous Mario Party games, but there is a twist. The characters are shrunk to an extremely small size, and that influences the mini-games within the game. If you want an overall easy, yet fun mini-game themed game, then this game is right for you.
  8. StevenW.
    Dec 17, 2007
    This game is awesome if you like Mario party other wise you might not like it
  9. DJT
    Dec 15, 2007
    Great multiplayer minigames for the system! If you like the Mario Party Franchise, this is a good one to pickup for the DS. Be sure to have friends ;)
  10. Aug 13, 2010
    This is another DS title that really makes the most of the DS's different controls, with minigames using the mic., the touchscreen, and the buttons, with great graphics, it covers all bases. Although it doesen't have wifi, there is multiplayer and it's great fun as well. I'd call it the best Mario Party title yet.
  11. Nov 6, 2010
    Hi, This game like all the Mario games from Mario family, really never boring to play, must for Mario fans.
    I bought this game on http://games-advance.com, really nice store for Nintendo DS games
  12. May 26, 2011
    This game offers portable parties in the car. In my opinion, this is the best of the Mario Party titles with its great boss minigames, smooth controls, and a truckload of unlockables and bonus content.
  13. JessicaBidging
    Oct 6, 2009
    I recommend this to everyone who likes Mario. It's basically about 5 crystals that bowser fights over and the Mario heroes try to get them before he does. it's actually a great, great games. The graphics are so awesome! It's like the NINTENDO 64. It's just so great and entertaining. The music is so catchy, just so great for people who love to listen to music. TheI recommend this to everyone who likes Mario. It's basically about 5 crystals that bowser fights over and the Mario heroes try to get them before he does. it's actually a great, great games. The graphics are so awesome! It's like the NINTENDO 64. It's just so great and entertaining. The music is so catchy, just so great for people who love to listen to music. The gameplay is also nice sometimes it could get abit challenging. Overall, I give it a 9/10 and Hudson should be really proud of how much effort was put into it.
    Don't rent, BUY IT!!!
  14. May 20, 2014
    The game is kind of boring, the graphics aren't that good, the story is extremely repetitive, the minigames are unoriginal, and the Boss Minigames are hard, except for the second and third ones.
  15. Jan 9, 2015
    I actually remember despising this game as a kid. I remember it was super boring and was not fun at all unless you played multiplayer. Well I revisited it recently and it is bad. Get the Wii version instead. 3/10 (poor)
  16. Feb 3, 2013
    Mario Party DS may not be the best the Mario Party series has to offer, but I certainly packs a punch! The 70+ minigames are new, fun, and creative. The story mode is worth checking out and it makes for an alright single-player mode. It does not have the same appeal as other titles in the series, though. Mario Party games are known for allowing any character to be winner at any given time,Mario Party DS may not be the best the Mario Party series has to offer, but I certainly packs a punch! The 70+ minigames are new, fun, and creative. The story mode is worth checking out and it makes for an alright single-player mode. It does not have the same appeal as other titles in the series, though. Mario Party games are known for allowing any character to be winner at any given time, but this just goes overboard with the idea! It makes you feel ripped-off when you work hard for your stars, and Yoshi takes all of them because he keeps "getting lucky"! Also, most of the minigames are either too easy or too hard with CPU players in the mix. Speaking of which, the computer players are only somewhat of a challenge when you put them on Hard difficulty because Normal is too easy. Overall, fun game if you have the time, but definitely not the cream of the crop. Expand
  17. Feb 1, 2013
    I've always loved Mario Party, but this game doesn't live up to the others. This game is alright, and still holds up well with the clever mini-games and map/board elements, but the magic Mario Party touch is just not there. If I was forced to label this game based only on two extremes of "brilliant success" or "grand failure", I'd hesitate and have to think about the decision for minutes,I've always loved Mario Party, but this game doesn't live up to the others. This game is alright, and still holds up well with the clever mini-games and map/board elements, but the magic Mario Party touch is just not there. If I was forced to label this game based only on two extremes of "brilliant success" or "grand failure", I'd hesitate and have to think about the decision for minutes, but might end up choosing "grand failure" in the end. Everyone knows how MP has tons of luck based gameplay, but this particular game takes it a bit too far. For example, the older Mario Party games had a lot of redeeming qualities that determined who the final winner was at the end of a board, such as total mini-game wins. So even if you didn't have the most stars at the end, you could still end up winning because you dominated in the mini-games and other things. On the other hand, Mario Party DS doesn't have this, because now the player relies waaaayy too much on luck. There are no bonuses or methods of redemption here, and you can lose time and time again because you didn't get the right numbers in a row upon hitting the dice. The balance and programming is lazy, and it digs into the gameplay and makes it unenjoyable. This is also seen in mini-games where the AI is twelve steps ahead and can't be defeated. Overall, the game is good for maybe a few hours, but gets frustrating and repetitive after that. Expand
  18. Apr 11, 2012
    It is a not that good of a game so I would not recommend it . The graphics are not too good and there is no real adventure so this is the bwst score I can giveit
  19. Jun 22, 2013
    A silly story, but helps captivates the scene for monstrous amounts of new minigames that no one would ever think of. Think of how many fun little games you can play with your friends anytime (or with cpu) when your character is shrunken to a minimal size. You're smaller, but the game isn't reduced whatsoever. People saying that the game is too difficult in certain examples are false andA silly story, but helps captivates the scene for monstrous amounts of new minigames that no one would ever think of. Think of how many fun little games you can play with your friends anytime (or with cpu) when your character is shrunken to a minimal size. You're smaller, but the game isn't reduced whatsoever. People saying that the game is too difficult in certain examples are false and incorrect, enough practice and strategy can get you past just about any minigame. Buy this game no matter what, even if you only have a 3DS! Replay value is basically infinite with many multiplayer modes and 80 or so minigames!

Gameplay: 9.5/10
    Story: 7.5/10
    Music: 8.5/10
    Presentation: 9/10
    Length: 10/10
    Overall: 9/10
  20. Nov 18, 2013
    An all-time classic brought back for a handheld. It was the best idea ever! The story, mini games, extra modes, etc. were all brought into a great mix of party!
  21. Mar 27, 2014
    If your looking for the best Ds game this is the game to get it may not be as fun as the Nintendo 64's Mario Party 1,2,and 3 but it's pretty darn close. For being on a handheld it's really advanced and a big step up from the GBA Mario Party. I gave it a 9 because if you don't have family or friends to play with you won't have the full experience, fighting over who is going to be theIf your looking for the best Ds game this is the game to get it may not be as fun as the Nintendo 64's Mario Party 1,2,and 3 but it's pretty darn close. For being on a handheld it's really advanced and a big step up from the GBA Mario Party. I gave it a 9 because if you don't have family or friends to play with you won't have the full experience, fighting over who is going to be the superstar is what gave Mario Party it's magic that's still in this game but not if you don't know anyone with a Ds sure you can celebrate your victory but it's not the same... Expand
  22. Jun 9, 2014
    Boring game if your alone but when you play with friends its so fun its unbelievable would give it ten but subtracting one since it is not fun as singleplayer good and qte ending tho
  23. May 12, 2015
    I bought this in 2014 and it's a pretty solid game for its time. I had so much fun playing this but I wish there were more options in the game, overall, 7 out of 10

Like any Mario Party, this one's harmless fun, and it's especially worthwhile if you've got a group of friends and don't have to deal with the cheating computer. But the repetitiveness and shallow, luck-based gameplay just further drive home why the wacky, dynamic WarioWare has been crowned Nintendo's real party king.
    A solid multiplayer mini-game experience with a lot of the flaws of the previous versions. It doesn't do anything truly special than create a bunch of touch screen and microphone-centric minigames (and even then we've seen variations of them in other DS titles), but it at least comes together as a better title than the last console Mario Party design.
  3. Best of all, the developers have made it so that you need only a single cartridge to get a party going with as many as four people.