• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jan 22, 2008
6.9

1. Feb 12, 2011
    Brilliant game. That's all I can can say about this game. Brilliant.
  2. TommyB
    Feb 8, 2008
    While graphically pleasing, as most Mario (sonic?) games are, this title is really nothing more that a load of reasonable minigames packaged to make a fast buck off the olympics. If you haven't got Advance Wars Days of Ruin or Bleach DS, don't waste your money on this. If you are 7 and haven't fully developed your taste in video games it might be the title for you.
  3. BMG
    Jan 10, 2009
    Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games is a great game. I enjoyed all the circuits and and loved doing the missions and unlocking the gallery. The reason I give it 8 out of 10 is because I think some of the things you need to do in order to complete the game are quite hard.
  4. WallyAnonymous
    Feb 16, 2008
    I think this game is underrated. I'm not usually a fan of this genre, but this game offers mini-games with more depth than its competitors. One of the better DS games I've played.
  5. EthanDay
    Mar 6, 2008
    The graphics are great, choice of characters is great, amount of different and unlockable events is great - BUT the events themselves feel poorly realized. The controls for most of the events amount to little more than mashing buttons and scratching the screen as fast as you can. There are a few good games in the mix here, but not worth $35.
  6. summerk
    May 4, 2008
    its fun in the start, but once you play for like a month total BORE. its ok but i would waste thirty five bucks on it. save it for something good.
  7. shanej
    May 4, 2008
    It's fine game.But the minigames are not so fun and they don't have a wide of mini games.And I hate how they don't have it when you don't make your avatar.
  8. Aug 13, 2010
    This game is in no way perfect, but it's creative controls, and great graphics, do really make the moist of DS. Although i must say, that its multiplayer is poor and it does get a bit boring after a while.
  9. May 25, 2011
    I never liked this game. Painful music, cumbersome controls, and hardly any unlockables, this game is only for people who enjoy seeing Waluigi throw a punch at Vector.
  10. May 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The first game in the series does not lift up the series' name. It's just.....wow......doesn't interest me
    The core gameplay itself is nice, but gets boring after playing the game several times. The missions are actually good and challenging (This is pretty much the best feature in the game). The museum section is boring, honestly. It's just filled with unaddicting minigames and the reward of completing it was also pretty bland (I'm talking about the audio reward, not the Olympic facts). The game made worse with its terrible controls. Like, REALLY terrible . It also filled with one of the worst soundtrack in the series. At least, the graphics are nice, so there's a redeeming quality here.

Overall, the game is just plain mediocre with its controls and main gameplay and lazy because of it's just a mix of Mario, Sonic, and the Olympic games.
    My final score for this game: 5.8
    Again, because the user score machine can't do this such score, I round it and got a 6.
  11. Mar 23, 2015
    This game is fun, simply fun. The minigames are fun, the mini minigames are fun, the graphics are good for the DS and it has alot of content. There isn't much else to say. The reviewers were too harsh on this one. One of my greatest DS recommendations.

1. It doesn't quite live up to the historic pairing of gaming's two biggest icons, but then again, not much could. [Feb 2008, p.88]
    Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games is a really good competitive game that's a better multiplayer outing than a solo one. Even though it looks and sounds great, the DS version of the title loses a bit of its impact due to its "me too" design against a slightly superior one that launched almost three months prior.
  3. If you're the type of person who loves to play mini-games, particularly enjoyed the first Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, or are a casual gamer who's looking for a fun, albeit easy and short-lived title, then you should definitely consider picking up a copy of Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games.