• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jan 22, 2008
6.8

1. May 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The first game in the series does not lift up the series' name. It's just.....wow......doesn't interest me
    The core gameplay itself is nice, but gets boring after playing the game several times. The missions are actually good and challenging (This is pretty much the best feature in the game). The museum section is boring, honestly. It's just filled with unaddicting minigames and the reward of completing it was also pretty bland (I'm talking about the audio reward, not the Olympic facts). The game made worse with its terrible controls. Like, REALLY terrible . It also filled with one of the worst soundtrack in the series. At least, the graphics are nice, so there's a redeeming quality here.

Overall, the game is just plain mediocre with its controls and main gameplay and lazy because of it's just a mix of Mario, Sonic, and the Olympic games.
    My final score for this game: 5.8
    Again, because the user score machine can't do this such score, I round it and got a 6.
  2. May 25, 2011
    I never liked this game. Painful music, cumbersome controls, and hardly any unlockables, this game is only for people who enjoy seeing Waluigi throw a punch at Vector.
  3. Feb 12, 2011
    Brilliant game. That's all I can can say about this game. Brilliant.
  4. Aug 13, 2010
    This game is in no way perfect, but it's creative controls, and great graphics, do really make the moist of DS. Although i must say, that its multiplayer is poor and it does get a bit boring after a while.
  5. Aug 13, 2010

1. It doesn't quite live up to the historic pairing of gaming's two biggest icons, but then again, not much could. [Feb 2008, p.88]
    Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games is a really good competitive game that's a better multiplayer outing than a solo one. Even though it looks and sounds great, the DS version of the title loses a bit of its impact due to its "me too" design against a slightly superior one that launched almost three months prior.
  3. If you're the type of person who loves to play mini-games, particularly enjoyed the first Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, or are a casual gamer who's looking for a fun, albeit easy and short-lived title, then you should definitely consider picking up a copy of Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games.