7.4

1. Nov 24, 2010
    great game..alot of fun ...i own all mario vs donkey kong games and by far the gba version is the best...i wonder why they continued the minis rather than controlling mario this time? i would love to see one last version for the ds like the original controling mario type game, would be amazing. nintendo needs a mario collection vol 1 and 2 (super mario 1,2,3 lost levels,mario world, yoshigreat game..alot of fun ...i own all mario vs donkey kong games and by far the gba version is the best...i wonder why they continued the minis rather than controlling mario this time? i would love to see one last version for the ds like the original controling mario type game, would be amazing. nintendo needs a mario collection vol 1 and 2 (super mario 1,2,3 lost levels,mario world, yoshi island, mario rpg, ect.) for the ds. it is long overdue..miniland mayhem is worth the investment... Expand
  2. Jan 7, 2011
    Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem is an itensely fun game. The combination of alot of levels and the addition of Hard Mode make this game worth the while.
  3. Nov 8, 2011
    It is a simple, yet fun puzzle game. I wouldn't call it addicting, but it has a lot of levels which makes it worth it to play if you want a slow paced game.
  4. Nov 23, 2010
    I loved Mario vs Donkey Kong on the GBA. I skipped MvsDK March of the Minis because I've had enough of playing Lemmings clones. I decided to give Mini-Land Mayhem a try because there hasn't been much that was worth playing lately on my DS. Mini-Land is a reasonably fun game, but some control issues and boring boss battles against Donkey Kong lessen the fun.
    Many of the items you select in
    Many of the items you select in the game require fairly precise control from the touch screen, something that the DS isn't great at. This is particularily a problem in the mini-games, which require a lot of quick selecting/drawing of items. The boss battles are a disappointment, to many random events make trying to obtain a high score frustrating. Overall the game is fun, but no where near as fun as the GBA Mario vs DK.
  5. May 28, 2011
    I got this game after playing mario vs donkey kong 2 (see my review) and i have to say, this is much better. Unlike the second, this newest game isn't stupidly complex, and while controlling multiple characters at once, getting them to separate doors, and doing it withing a certain time does get frustrating, you don't get the hopeless feeling that you get from MVDK2. The levels feelI got this game after playing mario vs donkey kong 2 (see my review) and i have to say, this is much better. Unlike the second, this newest game isn't stupidly complex, and while controlling multiple characters at once, getting them to separate doors, and doing it withing a certain time does get frustrating, you don't get the hopeless feeling that you get from MVDK2. The levels feel difficult, but beatable, and you'll want to replay them and get all the mario cards and trophies. There are also bonus levels, unlocked after earning a certain number of mario letters, and building your own levels, while not exciting for me, may be enjoyable for you. If you can wait a bit, you can even download levels built by others. The graphics are great, the controls are good, but the story isn't really a story. Then again, it would be worse with a story. There are tons of levels, so if you want to, get it. It's really a 7.5. Expand
  6. Dec 18, 2013
    THE GOOD: The puzzle-solving gameplay is quite satisfying. Nice cartoony art style. Very clever puzzles and variety of ways to solve them. A lot of levels, including a challenge mode. There is a mode that allows you to make your own levels and share them with friends. Music is very catchy and fun to listen to. Great use of the DS touch screen controls.

The BAD: It can get a bit

The BAD: It can get a bit repetitive. Somewhat light on story as well.

I'd say it is worth a buy. Nothing groundbreaking, but enjoyable.
  7. Aug 7, 2014
    why the low score?
    well.. i never tried other mario vs DK games but this been a light hearted game to me, simply awesome and define what a puzzler-on-the-go is.

1. Jul 18, 2011
    If you are looking for something cheap, cheerful but downright fun, this is definitely worth a look-in.
  2. Apr 14, 2011
    Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem! is fun and challenging. Everybody who's into die red cap plumber will have fun with this one. I love those minis trembling around to hit good old Donkey Kong.
  3. Mar 23, 2011
    It's certainly a solid addition to the franchise, just not as memorable as previous instalments. [Issue#107, p.113]