Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again! DS

7.7

1. JasonPilcher
    Jun 11, 2009
    The game isn't getting a ten because it's revolutionary or anything of the sort. The game is getting a ten because this is exactly the game the DSiWare service needed from the start. I feel like I got more value from this release than I have since any game I've purchased since MadWorld.
  2. Nov 14, 2016
    After completing every level on Tipping Stars, this was pretty underwhelming.
    The puzzles are less clever and they're much smaller / easier.
    It seems like most of the reviews on here are positive because the game is a DSiWare title. But, to me, that doesn't make it any better than if it happened to be a full retail release. It may have been substantially cheaper, back in the day, but
    After completing every level on Tipping Stars, this was pretty underwhelming.
    The puzzles are less clever and they're much smaller / easier.

It may have been substantially cheaper, back in the day, but it isn't much cheaper now.

This game cost me AU$12 to download on Nintendo eShop and I just bought a copy of Mini-Land Mayhem with manual and box on eBay for AU$15, including postage. So, there's no reason to rate this higher because of the DSiWare factor.

Tipping Stars was criticized for not introducing any new mechanics. But, at least TS did new things with old mechanics. Not to mention the crazy monkey that possesses mini-Mario.

Minis March Again offers nothing new. It is basically just a bunch of new levels for Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis. And, much like it's predecessor, the puzzles require very little strategy. The solutions are almost always straight-forward. It rarely took me more than a minute or two to figure out a level.

There isn't much thinking involved. Instead, the difficulty revolves around remembering an exact sequence of events and being able to rapidly tap the screen according to the path you are creating. Playing Minis March Again reminds me of playing Guitar Hero or Dance Dance Revolution; it is (somewhat) challenging and addictive, but it isn't very stimulating. Having said all that, it is (probably) more stimulating than most video games.

If it wasn't for one particularly frustrating boss level (3+ / Donkey Kong), I might have given it a seven instead of a six.

#69 Most Discussed DS Game of 2009

Despite the fact that you'll need to pick up a DSi to play it (there's no plan for a cartridge version), Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again! is an outstanding game.
    A so-called sequel that doesn't really look or feel much different from the last one. However, that just means it fits perfectly on DSiWare, where casual, quick-hit software is the focus. And regardless, there are plenty of new, fun levels.
  3. All around Minis March Again is a very competent, fun, and engaging package. It is easily one of the top games to be had on DSiWare at this time and in the foreseeable future.