• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Jun 24, 2008
tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 1 more rating

1. Jan 29, 2013
    So, basically, when i bought my NDS, one of the first games that I've ever owned was this Mega Man Star Force 2. I actually heard about it from my friend, who is kinda fan of Battle Network series and he was excited for this game. But let's talk about the game. I heard many complaints that it has pretty hard to learn battle mechanic. Surprisingly, i found it pretty easy, you have to read about 10 minutes of text and you are ready. You must collect cards with different abilities and pick 2/3 during battles, and after using cards you must pick up other cards that's given to you by complete random (which is a bit annoying and depends of pure luck). The only hard thing for me was reading storyline, your very first EPIC QUEST was picking up propeller, so Producer will get his flying thing to work in order to gain money. Link, eat your heart out. Basically, all dialogues and story aren't really interesting, it kinda feels like some average Bayblade-like anime. But if you'll learn how to fight, due to it's pick up and play nature and fast-paced combat, game is fun, but it's not a safe buy for sure. I cannot recommend this to fans of Mega Man, to fans of mediocre animes, hell, to anybody. It's just you either like it or hate. And I'm the one who enjoyed this game and found pretty fun to play. Expand

1. The gameplay changes hardly justify a sequel so soon after the first Star Force, but series fans should have fun regardless. [July 2008, p.87]
    If you absolutely loved the Battle Network games or played the first Star Force to death, then this is probably a game that you'll want to look into - it's a solid title with a lot to offer. [July 2008, p.83]
    After six nearly identical Mega Man Battle Network games and one followup that was presumed to reboot the series (but didn't, really), is it any surprise that Mega Man Star Force 2 is pretty much the same game that Capcom has been churning out for the past seven years?