Meteos DS

7.6

1. Jack
    Jan 26, 2009
    I cannot recommend this game enough. An amazingly clever puzzler that has a great range of skill. The card is crammed with levels and features that will take you years to get everything! Even if you have done everything, you still wont put it down. I have had this game forever, And I still haven't gotten bored. The graphics are nice and smooth, and the open sequence graphics are the I cannot recommend this game enough. An amazingly clever puzzler that has a great range of skill. The card is crammed with levels and features that will take you years to get everything! Even if you have done everything, you still wont put it down. I have had this game forever, And I still haven't gotten bored. The graphics are nice and smooth, and the open sequence graphics are the best DS graphics I have seen. The music is awesome, as the mood of the music goes to whats happening in the game itself. 42 different planets all give a different feel. Some, everything goes slower, some, the gravity is super strong! Or non existent! Buy it. NOW. My 2nd favorite DS game. MUST. HAVE. Expand
  2. Joeking
    Apr 19, 2007
    Wildly entertaining for a few hours... until you realize that there really isn't much strategy in it at all. It gets to a point where all that matters is how quickly you can wave your stylus around to get lucky. Fun, but limited.
  3. Mark
    May 10, 2005
    The critics got it all wrong on this one. With repetitive gameplay and horrid controls this one isn't worth your time nor your money.
  4. ChrisY.
    Jul 5, 2005
    Too simple of a game too play. I'll stick with Tetris Attack for the SNES or Lumines for the PSP.
  5. DanR.
    May 16, 2005
    I don't think they are the same guys, their style of writing is different. Plus they don't hate the same issues so it seems like they're different. The game seemed too gimmicky to me.
  6. Even-mindedperson
    May 16, 2005
    I own both a DS and a PSP, and they see the same amount of play time. I'm doing this as a simple comparitve between Lumines and Meteos, since that's what everybody is clammering about. I tip the hat to Lumines easily, it has endless replay ability; meaing that you get more money out of Lumines that you do this game. While the DS might be a better system in the long run, not right now.
  7. Ben
    May 16, 2005
    Karl M. is right on this one. You either love it or hate, however I think most people will hate this one, like me.
  8. [Anoymous]
    May 9, 2005
    Gameplay is flawed. Play lumines instead.
  9. TonyG.
    Nov 9, 2005
    I gave it a 3 for 3 rockets up nintendos butt. this game is a gimmicky piece of junk. line up 3 tiles ... if you can make it without another color touching first. also if you are failing, you can scribble and beat the level! so it is easy to scribble cheat. also the stylus and touch screen are a little off. it would have been amazing if it werent for those issues major issues. i am reallyI gave it a 3 for 3 rockets up nintendos butt. this game is a gimmicky piece of junk. line up 3 tiles ... if you can make it without another color touching first. also if you are failing, you can scribble and beat the level! so it is easy to scribble cheat. also the stylus and touch screen are a little off. it would have been amazing if it werent for those issues major issues. i am really disappointed since i seen so many amazing reviews for this junk, i felt confident to buy it. i played it 100 times to try to like it and i just cant like it, its that bad. Expand
  10. Tim
    May 18, 2005
    I thought this game was really fun and addicting at first, and while it still is, I just don't feel it was worth my 30 dollars. But, I must say, it is one of the better games for the DS if you want a quick game that you will play for a week and then not play.
  11. DSLover
    May 8, 2005
    With flawed puzzle action, and a bizzare control scheme, the only thing I like about this game is turning it off. I love the DS's originality, but this game does not do a good job of expressing it. Stay away!
  12. BobR.
    Jul 5, 2005
    Not a good game. Allmost impossible game to play on the road, since touching is hard to do with bounces and stuff. Didn't enjoy at all.
  13. JohnO.
    Feb 13, 2006
    I bought this game because all the games sites raved about it. I feel betrayed, because this is simply not a game worthy of the elite rating it has been given. The biggest flaw is the scribble cheat. When you start losing, just scribble. This is a game you can play for 15 minutes at a store kiosks and see just about all there is. I wish I had my 30 bucks back. I'm still just so I bought this game because all the games sites raved about it. I feel betrayed, because this is simply not a game worthy of the elite rating it has been given. The biggest flaw is the scribble cheat. When you start losing, just scribble. This is a game you can play for 15 minutes at a store kiosks and see just about all there is. I wish I had my 30 bucks back. I'm still just so shocked everyone seems so awestruck by this unsatisfying game. Expand
  14. Mitch
    May 30, 2007
    Not as good as Tetris. Gets boring quickly.
  15. Don
    May 12, 2005
    The controls.... The controls...
  16. Josh
    May 12, 2005
    After beating a stage it gives you the feeling of WHY? Bad replay value and controls.
  17. Aug 16, 2011
    Don't get me wrong, I'm no hater of this game, it can be quite fun, but how this got a higher Metascore than thee likes of The World Ends With You, Castlevania, New Super Mario Bros and the rest is completely beyond me. There's just nothing 'Amazing' about the game. Through and through it's ok - good for the most part, but, it's a simple puzzler, that might last you a couple of hours tops.Don't get me wrong, I'm no hater of this game, it can be quite fun, but how this got a higher Metascore than thee likes of The World Ends With You, Castlevania, New Super Mario Bros and the rest is completely beyond me. There's just nothing 'Amazing' about the game. Through and through it's ok - good for the most part, but, it's a simple puzzler, that might last you a couple of hours tops. The aim is to slide these blocks around on the lower screen to send them hurtling onto the Top-Screen into a planet. But whilst you can try to be strategic, it's so excrutiatingly hard that in a short while you will be swiping at the screen randomly as soon enough the frustration gets to you as the blocks pile up and you lose control. The problem with Meteos is, that in a good puzzler, you wouldn't be able to complete the game within half an hour by swiping at the screen, but with Meteos, this is the only option if you don't want to throw your DS down with anger from seeing those stupid blocks pile up!!! In the end, Meteos is a solid concept and fun for a couple of hours, and it's definitely worth buying at it's current price, but it should be nowhere near this high in the DS charts. 70 possibly? Yes it's well deserving of that. 80? You could stretch there but your being generous. Almost 90? Pfftt, you really are on a different planet. In summary, Meteos is worth it's price tag, but don't expect it to be what the reviews make it out to be. Expand
  18. WilliamK.
    Oct 6, 2005
    I hereby declare Meteos to be The Most Addictive Game Ever.
  19. ChrisG.
    May 17, 2005
    A Meteos game goes much quicker than a Lumines games. Sometimes I don't have 3 hours to waste on a puzzle game.
  20. Brian
    Jun 29, 2005
    This game is very addictive, fast-paced, and fun to play. The background music enhances the gameplay quite effectively. Once you start the game, you'll never put your DS down. It makes use of the stylus very effectively so I do not know why some of the reviewers here are having control issues. How hard is it to use a stylus? If you like puzzle games like Lumines, you will definitely This game is very addictive, fast-paced, and fun to play. The background music enhances the gameplay quite effectively. Once you start the game, you'll never put your DS down. It makes use of the stylus very effectively so I do not know why some of the reviewers here are having control issues. How hard is it to use a stylus? If you like puzzle games like Lumines, you will definitely enjoy this DS game. Expand
  21. EvenP.
    Jun 29, 2005
    I've given it a 10 to make up for the obvious (and VERY sad) PSP fanboy, trying to lower it's score. You are very sad. Get a life. Play decent games.
  22. AnonymousMC
    Jul 26, 2005
    I would just like to say to willman (stupid name. are you 4 or something), that the only reason this is getting good reviews from publications is because they have nothing to judge Meteos against on the DS. If this had come out on the PSP, it would be getting 5 points lower because a puzzle similiar to this has already come out. So, anyway, just lower everybody's by 5 and you getI would just like to say to willman (stupid name. are you 4 or something), that the only reason this is getting good reviews from publications is because they have nothing to judge Meteos against on the DS. If this had come out on the PSP, it would be getting 5 points lower because a puzzle similiar to this has already come out. So, anyway, just lower everybody's by 5 and you get the real score. Expand
  23. TobeM.
    Jul 4, 2005
    Highly motivating game modes, very fresh concept, tons of variations in playing style and levels.
  24. TG
    Jul 4, 2005
    Crack.
  25. JosephK.
    Feb 20, 2006
    Great game, fun, original, addictive, and better than Tetris. Just a few things that can be said about this game.
  26. ARandomPerson
    Oct 6, 2005
    One of the best uses of the DS's touch screenI've seen. With a lot of variety between the planets and "simple to grasp, hard to master" gameplay, it'll last a long time. Just don't attempt to make any sense out of it.
  27. Martyn
    May 16, 2005
    This is an exceptional puzzle game, despite what the clueless cretin beneath has to say. How a person can get defensive about a game to the point of assuming 4 identities in a pitiful attempt to discredit the competition, is beyond me. Oh and if one has a DS, recommending a game on a different platform is a bit silly. Its people like this who make a mockery of this rating system.
  28. Supersean
    May 16, 2005
    I can't believe how fun, addictive and creative this game is, andd the controls are just perfect, this game is a work of art, lumines is good but meteos has more to it.
  29. KevinT.
    Jun 15, 2005
    One of the most richly engrossing puzzle games I have ever played. It is also the most frantic. I have owned this game since it came out in Japan and it has never left my DS for long. I play a round or two almost every day and it is still very fun. If you have a DS, I think this is really a must have title.
  30. SueN.
    Jun 17, 2005
    Very addicting and fun--great game for long airplane rides (DS battery last a good long time). I don't understand the comments about the controls--you're using a stylus, for pete's sake.

#3 Most Discussed DS Game of 2005
#4 Most Shared DS Game of 2005

Outside of being a great showcase for the DS itself, Meteos is also a fantastic, dizzyingly fast puzzle game that leaves an addictive aftertaste not seen since the likes of "Tetris Attack."
  2. A born sleeper hit. It's one of the best puzzlers in a long time, with wireless multiplayer and plenty of unlockable features to keep gamers coming back. [JPN Import]
  3. With solo modes consisting of time trials, endurance tests or battles against virtual players, and wickedly competitive multiplayer games, Meteos is the most compellingly perfect puzzler we've played in years. [NGC Pocket]