Metroid Prime: Hunters DS

8.0

1. PaulH.
    Jun 1, 2006
    Got it as a gift in March, played it for about a hour, then I've never played it again, no interest whatsoever to pick this one up again.
  2. JoshH.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Grossly pales in comparison to Metroid Fusion and Metroid Zero Mission. I want my 2D metroids back! Unfortunately, Nintendo is more likely to hear the screaming, foaming-out-the-mouth prepubescents who want their FPS-lite because their parental bigots won't let them play the better, more mature FPSes out there. For shame.
  3. AnonymousMC
    Jul 7, 2008
    talk about boring nothing like the console metroid or even the classic ones this game was repetitive with the exact same rooms same enemys same path just try not to get confused to vsing the same boss then trying to flee the planet in probly around the same easy time it took to get there and then getting stopped at the end by the same boss you thought you killed when you first went intotalk about boring nothing like the console metroid or even the classic ones this game was repetitive with the exact same rooms same enemys same path just try not to get confused to vsing the same boss then trying to flee the planet in probly around the same easy time it took to get there and then getting stopped at the end by the same boss you thought you killed when you first went into the same room. then going to your ship and blasting off not even bring able to fly the god dam thing
    look i know you carnt fly the ship in corruption but at least it isnt as repetitive as this game was
  4. AnonymousMC
    Jun 27, 2006
    Granted it doesn't deserve a straight out 0, but I want to bring down the score, it does in no way deserve that.
    It's boring, get to the end of the level shooting enemies, picking up keys and power ups, then running back to the begining of the level in a certain time.
    Wow
    Fun...
    Do not buy
  5. Aug 19, 2013
    This game is worthless. I tried playing it because I'm a MASSIVE metroid fan, but it almost made me hate the series. It tries to focus on exploration, but they fail to make it fun EVERY STEP OF THE WAY. Enemies are boring to fight and deal too much damage, yet they give plenty of health pickups meaning that you will die often from not making any mistakes at all. The controls are shyte.This game is worthless. I tried playing it because I'm a MASSIVE metroid fan, but it almost made me hate the series. It tries to focus on exploration, but they fail to make it fun EVERY STEP OF THE WAY. Enemies are boring to fight and deal too much damage, yet they give plenty of health pickups meaning that you will die often from not making any mistakes at all. The controls are shyte. You NEVER get used to the controls. They are a constant burden. The level design is dull, ugly, and confusing as he11. The map is useless. It doesn't give clues as to how to access certain areas, which you're not even sure you're supposed to navigate to. At the end of every planet you have to run back to your ship. The time limit is well timed, so you always arrive with just under a minute or so to spare, but the level design is so horrid that you will probably get stuck backtracking several times due to camera confusion or repeated level patterns. The third boss I came across took 20 minutes to beat, repeating the same pattern the ENTIRE TIME. You shoot these small crystals that shoot slow moving green orbs at you, and you have to shoot all like 15 crystals when they turn blue so that the main crystal can emerge and you can shoot at it. You are FORCED to run around in circles this entire time, which requires an insane amount of ambidexterity. Then when the crystal finally pops out it only comes out for 5 seconds. Blasting it at full force with missles/charged shots or your best gun will always deal about 8 pixels worth of damage, resulting in it ducking back and all other 15 crystals regenerating, forcing you to repeat this process about 20 times before it dies. This fact, along with forced checkpoints that do not regive you max health, are proof that this game had zero playtesting at all. Imagine you have 1 health and stumble across an invisible forced checkpoint with a boss coming up. You'll have to delete your save file and start from the beginning! You rarely pick up any upgrades. It lets you start with charge shot, maru maru, bombs, and missles. Why? no other game does this! I'll tell you why. It's because this entire game wasn't developed for fun. It was developed in an attempt to show off the DS's capabilities compared to the Gamecube. They wanted people to buy the DS thinking it was going to be 'just like prime' but they didn't care about anything else. "Just make it look like Metroid Prime and ship it" How pathetic. I award this game ZERO points, and my god have mercy on their soul. Expand

#2 Most Discussed DS Game of 2006
#3 Most Shared DS Game of 2006

Approximately as big as Metroid Prime on the GameCube, it's hard to imagine how Nintendo squeezed Hunters into a tiny DS cartridge. Metroid Prime: Hunters is a very polished game, suffering more from small quirks than actual flaws.
  2. The game's controls take a bit of time to get used to, but once you get the hang of it, you'll realize NST has done an extraordinary job in bringing Samus to the Nintendo DS...You'd be hard-pressed to find a better online title for the Nintendo DS.
    Metroid Prime Hunters is easily the best handheld first person shooter developed to date, even with its somewhat high learning curve and cramp-inducing control.