7.9

1. CaptainFX
    Sep 12, 2006
    As games go it's not the most indepth (although there are a good number of tabels), but what is great about this game is that you can pick it up and play it at anytime, whether you have 5 mins or an hour to spare. It's perfectly addictive and when you get some DS friends round it is insanely competitive. This is a great game and you know that you'll still be playing it long As games go it's not the most indepth (although there are a good number of tabels), but what is great about this game is that you can pick it up and play it at anytime, whether you have 5 mins or an hour to spare. It's perfectly addictive and when you get some DS friends round it is insanely competitive. This is a great game and you know that you'll still be playing it long after some of the more complex games are still sat on your shelf. Added to that the bundled rumble pack (which does actually sound a bit like a pinball machine) and you have a great, addictive gaming experience. I used to have a PSP but the games were trying to be mini versions of the PS2 and failing. This is what a handheld should be about - good quality addictive gameplay designed for handheld devices. Expand
  2. JoB.
    Nov 3, 2005
    This is a great game to pick up and play anywhere, and if you have mates with a DS, they can play it with you without needing their own copy of the game, which is a fantastic way of finding out if you want to buy your own copy.
  3. DarrenZ.
    Oct 27, 2005
    A thoroughly entertaining and solidly designed game. The ball physics are amazingly realistic, and the sharp and colorful graphics never lag resulting in a fast-paced and fluid gaming experience. My one niggling criticism is that having to use the touch screen to "bump" the table is awkward and hard to do quickly which leads to me rarely using this feature. An alternative method, such as A thoroughly entertaining and solidly designed game. The ball physics are amazingly realistic, and the sharp and colorful graphics never lag resulting in a fast-paced and fluid gaming experience. My one niggling criticism is that having to use the touch screen to "bump" the table is awkward and hard to do quickly which leads to me rarely using this feature. An alternative method, such as using the control pad, would have been welcome. Also, some gamers may be disappointed with the relatively small number of tables. There are two "regular" tables, and several "special" tables. The regular tables are well designed and feature lots of ramps and unlockable goodies and mini-games, while the simplier special tables are featured in the multi-mission boss battles, where you have to defeat a boss creature by knocking the ball into him. Still, the tables are exceptionally well designed, so it's really a quality over quantity judgment call. Finally, the rumble pack lends a surprisingly authentic "pinball table" feeling to the game. Bottom line: The positives of this game far outweigh the admittedly minor negatives. This is an excellent game and well worth the purchase. Expand
  4. TonyG.
    Oct 24, 2005
    This game is great!!! love pinball and love metroid , so if you do to ,get this game asap. presentation 9, sound 9, graphics 9, control 9, lastability 9, overall 9 ... way to go nintendo keep the classics coming!
  5. BlueFalcon
    Dec 24, 2006
    I would venture to say this is the best pinball video game ever created. If I was a fan of metroid prime, I'd probably give it a 10. Basically what makes it great is variety and polish.
  6. UseR
    Dec 1, 2005
    This is an excellent game!! WTF is with the last reviewer who scored it 67%? It IS a fricken pinball game ya wank, why would u buy/play this if u weren't looking for a pinball game???
    Anyway, great game, great graphics, give it a try and judge for urself, u won't be disappointed!!
    Dec 14, 2005
    May sound cheesy, but it's actually very entertaining! Recommened for any gamer who just wants to sit down for 15 minutes and relieve some stress.
  8. JonathanG.
    Dec 31, 2005
    Though I suck at pinball games this was still a great game and the best pinball game that I have ever played.

1. I definitely would have had more fun with Metroid Prime Pinball if I'd had access to a little more content right from the start. [Nov 2005, p.176]
  2. If it's Metroid it's in here, and looking absolutely amazing... [Nov p.99]
  3. The idea that the game of pinball may be used to simulate virtually any other challenging struggle is a good one (since pinball is cool), and Metroid Prime Pinball pulls it off very well--both by being a fun and great-looking pinball experience, and by being a faithful spin-off of one of the best Nintendo games of the past decade.