• Publisher: Atlus
  • Release Date: Nov 6, 2007
tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 1 more rating

1. Dec 28, 2012
    Rarely do I find a game enjoyable enough to try and complete it fully. Neves is one of those games. The main draw for me was the sheer amount of puzzles: there are well over 300 on this DS cart. Let me repeat that: in a game where you have the same 7 blocks in every puzzle has OVER 300 PUZZLES. The fact that they pulled that off at all is amazing, but what's more amazing is that it really does work. Almost every puzzle feels somewhat unique. And the puzzles are no pushover: they start off easy enough, but some took me well over a month to wrap my mind around. On top of that, there are 3 different modes, with the same puzzles, which means to get 100% completion you need to finish the set of puzzles off thrice. This isn't necessarily bad: once you finish the main "Silhouettes" game mode, going back will seem like a blast of nostalgia. The sense is helped along by the smooth jazz tracks found throughout the game. There may be few, but they rarely, if ever, get old. The gameplay is easy to pick up, and the puzzles are fun to slot together as well. Overall, it's a dynamic little title any puzzle-nut MUST try some time in their life. Expand

1. Just know that the game does one thing, and it does it well. Admittedly, Neves is a simple, no frills affair, but its addictive nature and robust length makes it just as hard to put down as any other quality puzzler out there.
    Fun? Yes. Appealing to the casual crowd? Yes. Worth a purchase? Yes…with a "but." Neves is a addictive puzzle game that's not the usual DS fare, but it's just ten bucks too expensive - this game needs to be at the "simple fun" price of Brain Age and Tetris and other basic Nintendo DS games.
  3. Touch-screen controls will help you achieve Zen with this large collection of tangram-style puzzles.