• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Mar 10, 2011
7.9

1. Dec 29, 2011
    A worthy successor to its family line. Okamiden is just shear fun. Fun. Fun. Fun. Fun. I can't say anything wrong about it other than it hits its target market of younger players on the DS as well as some older players. Could have come up with a better name than Mutt for the main character, but it is a good reason to keep your DS.
  2. Nov 28, 2011
    Okamiden is the best adventure game for the DS. With a deep history, worthy of being the successor to one of the best PS2 games, with a wide variety of enemies and bosses that you will speak and the original main character skills to destroy the enemies of hundreds of ways, Okamiden is a game for the lovers of the biggest adventure and Japanese mythology.
  3. Aug 30, 2011
    I loved Okami and Okamiden is an amazing sequel, which is made even more so considering it's on a hand held. I know a 10 score seems biased, but this really is a great game - it's got length, great graphics and art-style, a cool story, humorous writing and characters, and it's fun. Also, if you're needing a Zelda fix, then the Okami games are the perfect solution.
  4. Jul 17, 2011
    One of the best for the DS! The only downside is that a lot of the content is recycled so you will recognize it if you have played Okami before this.
  5. Jul 2, 2011
    Excellent game for the DS. Extensive content and overall a great game. The games content is glowing with Zelda influences which make the game easily to play and enjoy.
  6. Jun 8, 2011
    This game is awesome.i did'nt play the previous game but this is awesome.my father recommended this game.he told me that its a game i'll really like so i got it and i played it all day long.some boss battles may a little hard but not so much.the story is really nice,the fact that you change partners is really nice.battles arent so hard its quite easy.and the ending is fantastic.its worth a 10/10.and its definetly worth your time. Expand
  7. May 10, 2011
    I've played through Okami. It was a fantastic game from start to finish. But Okamiden is an Exceptional game overall, possibly one of the best action-RPGs ever.

I'm not going to spend too much time comparing games, but I will say this, being able to use the stylus as opposed to a Dual Shock 2 or a Wii-mote, makes this game so much more accessible. As you can imagine, the use of the
    'celestial brush' is the center of this game. So naturally, being able to use the stylus on the bottom screen of the DS is great. Slashing through enemies, creating whirlwinds, Bombs, Firebursts, etc. make the action oriented combat of this game a blast. Okamiden is kinda like Ninja Gaiden DS, The World ends with you, and both of the Zelda DS titles, all wrapped into one game! If you liked any of those games, go buy Okamiden NOW! For a game on the DS, it's one of the top five, and most likely will make the top 25 on many GOTY lists for 2011

The only gripe I have with the game is actually my favorite part of the game, the stylus. Once in a while when you draw something, it does not register properly, so there's a few times where you'll get killed, so try to stay neat and "color in the lines!"

As for the graphics, they are outstanding as always. The Story is immersive and engaging, and will last you upwards of 40 hours. A definite buy, especially since it's MSRP is only 29.99 U.S. A fantastic game overall and a fine "swan song" for the Nintendo DS as we enter the 3DS era!
  8. Apr 22, 2011
    Beautiful. The normal fight scenes need some adjustments, but the boss battles are brilliant. It's inducing, a true successor to Okami. Great storyline, very very sad end. Ultimately, it's amazing!
  9. Mar 15, 2011
    I loved Okami, so Okamiden made me very happy. It is beautiful and cute and lots of fun. It's probably one of the best games on the DS so far, similar to the Zelda games in style. Would have given it 10 out of 10, but it's a bit short.

1. May 24, 2011
    It is a lovely Nintendo DS adventure with brilliant graphics and style. If you are looking for a new graphics and gameplay experience, you have to play this game.
  2. Apr 25, 2011
    It's tangible magic that you can feel with every stroke of the brush. [Issue#108, p.104]
  3. Apr 17, 2011
    Okamiden reveals itself as a great game and a very welcomed sequel. May be among the last games of the extensive list of the DS, but this does not dimish its quality. Even if the combat doesn't shine as much as the rest of the package, Okamiden is a masterpiece.