7.8

1. JoshPoitras
    Jun 17, 2008
    fans of DOOM or older RPGs will definately enjoy this. It lacks certain elements, but Ive found this game (I for one found it unused at a gamestop for $10) to be more enjoyable than some of the more expensive games out there. The game is simple but I found it enjoyable even if it is shorter than most. I wouldnt recommend it for the gamer who needs amazing graphics or indepth character andfans of DOOM or older RPGs will definately enjoy this. It lacks certain elements, but Ive found this game (I for one found it unused at a gamestop for $10) to be more enjoyable than some of the more expensive games out there. The game is simple but I found it enjoyable even if it is shorter than most. I wouldnt recommend it for the gamer who needs amazing graphics or indepth character and plot. Overall a good quality game to pass by some free time. Expand
  2. NunyaB.
    Dec 9, 2007
    Awesome game! Etrian Odessey with avoidable (or at least guerilla combat style) battles.
  3. RachelM.
    Nov 20, 2007
    While the "award winning story" is only award winning when compared to cell-phone games, this DS port is a really addicting dungeon crawl, and probably one of the best ones on the DS. Each monster fights differently and is strong or weak against different weapons, and there are other equips and potions to help you through the game.
  4. AliceG.
    Nov 30, 2007
    Some of the negative reviews I see listed here on Metacritic are disappointing -- what a fun little game this was! It's a good old school-style game with an interesting cross between an RPG and an FPS that is far deeper than it first may seem -- lots of things to discover and ways to play to figure out (I especially liked figuring out a favorite potion combination). Such a nice Some of the negative reviews I see listed here on Metacritic are disappointing -- what a fun little game this was! It's a good old school-style game with an interesting cross between an RPG and an FPS that is far deeper than it first may seem -- lots of things to discover and ways to play to figure out (I especially liked figuring out a favorite potion combination). Such a nice diversion from the typical, anime-style DS games there seem to be a glut of. Expand
  5. TimS.
    Dec 28, 2007
    Albeit short, this game was far more fun then people seem to be giving it credit for. Kudos to Carmack and co. for making a great hack-n-slash RPG.
  6. JonasS.
    Jan 29, 2008
    Oh man its great to see this kind of games on the DS! If you have played and enjoyed Eye of Beholder or Lands of Lore you will love this one!
  7. CarneyR.
    Nov 19, 2007
    This game rocks! Shouldn't vote on it unless you've actually played it and I had a lot of fun with this game. This game was hard to find though.
  8. GordonS.
    Nov 26, 2007
    Definetely worst looking DS game EVER! Way to go Carmack...
  9. JohnM.
    Dec 18, 2007
    A very unique game that differs alot from the monotony of RPG DS games which just includes endless fighting and the mashing of the button "A". The storyline is however...subpar. A bit more dialogue would help this game. And it seems pretty lonely with just ghosts and a dragon for npcs.
  10. EricR.
    Dec 21, 2007
    This is a great old school game - similar to the old Wizardry and Bard's Tale games. Good graphics, lots of exploration...and it's simply fun.
  11. JahR.
    Nov 19, 2007
    Great hack-and-slash fun!
  12. EthanR.
    Dec 25, 2007
    Great fun! Yes, it's short, but that means I will enjoy playing through it a few times. I thoroughly enjoyed this game!

1. If you're looking for some fun role-playing light gameplay, then Orcs & Elves is for you.
  2. Orcs & Elves is a well-balanced RPG that plays well on the DS but doesn’t offer anything new or exciting we haven’t already played.
  3. Orcs & Elves is no revolution. It's Western role-playing the way it used to be - hidden passages, mountains of gold, dead dwarves and a temperamental dragon. It's perfect fodder for the geek in you, and a half-an-hour train ride, but don't expect it to rock your world.