• Publisher: PopCap
  • Release Date: Feb 27, 2009
8.2

1. kid247
    Jun 6, 2009
    You're kind of not sure what to think at first. Then you get caught up in the dang thing - trying to reach & unlock the many next levels, beating challenges & in general mastering the art of the perfect shot. A blast to play and never ending it seems. This game was made for a system like the DS. Lotta bang for the buck here folks.
  2. EvanB.
    Mar 26, 2009
    I have Peggle on multiple platforms, and I enjoy this version MOST of all! I love the new underground area when you hit 5 purple peggle pieces...it adds a whole new dimension to the game! The GameBoy had Tetris as the best puzzle game, and now the DS has Peggle, the NEW best puzzle game!
  3. DanD
    Mar 27, 2009
    HUH?! I am completely baffled that this game isn't averaging well over 90%. It's PEGGLE. Not only that, it's more Peggle for your money than you'll get anywhere else. It includes all the modes and stages from Peggle as well as all the modes and stages from Peggle Nights -- AND about fifty brand new stages. The graphics and sound aren't as crisp or catchy as they HUH?! I am completely baffled that this game isn't averaging well over 90%. It's PEGGLE. Not only that, it's more Peggle for your money than you'll get anywhere else. It includes all the modes and stages from Peggle as well as all the modes and stages from Peggle Nights -- AND about fifty brand new stages. The graphics and sound aren't as crisp or catchy as they are on the bigger versions, of course, but for cryin' out loud...it's PEGGLE!!!! It's more Peggle than you deserve for $30. If you're a Peggle fan (who isn't?!), this is an essential title. Expand
  4. reedf
    Mar 29, 2009
    Playing Peggle: Dual Shot on the DS was a mixed experience. I try to appreciate games even where they do not match my personal tastes, and Peggle certainly does not, but DS titles in particular I evaluate based on the playability with my son, age 10. We spend a ton of money every month on new titles and play them for an average of 2 hours before throwing them away or selling them back to Playing Peggle: Dual Shot on the DS was a mixed experience. I try to appreciate games even where they do not match my personal tastes, and Peggle certainly does not, but DS titles in particular I evaluate based on the playability with my son, age 10. We spend a ton of money every month on new titles and play them for an average of 2 hours before throwing them away or selling them back to the store. With Peggle we got about 30 minutes out of the game before realizing there was nothing to it. Simple (but forgivable) graphics are plonked together around a VERY simple (and insulting) system that lacks several obvious features: your own level design and multi-DS gameplay. It was shocking to find out the "multiplayer" is just an extra ten turns added on for each "person" to whom you must literally give your DS so they can play their turn. This makes for asinine roundrobin play that cannot be viewed by all, has no competitive feel to it and is lazy programming. I tried to smile my way through a single session with my son for his sake, but he gave up on it faster than me. The lesson of course is to be wary of future Popcap DS releases. But this experience was one of the bigger letdowns, coming from something we all know so well. The 4/10 score I am giving Peggle DS here is up from zero simply for potential -- I'm now looking for the PC demo to play with my son for free, on a big screen, on Joe Doe's recommendation. Expand
  5. JoeDoe
    Mar 4, 2009
    I know the PC version of the game, which I like very much. But the Nintendo Version is worse, especially the graphics in the game. Not comparable with the PC peggle.

Peggle is a harmonious combination of simple, addictive gameplay and engaging sights and sounds. The design has been mostly successfully ported to the DS, although the interface isn't quite as smooth as it could be.
    Peggle on-the-go means you might end up accomplishing more while you're actually at your desk-a perk-but if that seems like small consolation, then you're better off sticking to the classic version. Plus, you'll save $9.99.
  3. Now for the big bummer -- there's no Wi-Fi multiplayer for Peggle: Dual Shot.