The Penguins of Madagascar DS

• Release Date: Nov 2, 2010
tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 2 more ratings

1. Dec 15, 2015
    I have no words. I was given this as a gift for my 32nd birthday and admittedly my expectations were a little curbed. Surely a mere game about penguins couldn't be worthy of such a lavish praise? Looking back at the Game of the Year Awards 2010, I see this game was nominated for no awards. NOTHING! Does the game industry think this is acceptable??? When are we gamers going to stand up forI have no words. I was given this as a gift for my 32nd birthday and admittedly my expectations were a little curbed. Surely a mere game about penguins couldn't be worthy of such a lavish praise? Looking back at the Game of the Year Awards 2010, I see this game was nominated for no awards. NOTHING! Does the game industry think this is acceptable??? When are we gamers going to stand up for the TRUE hardcore graphics?

2. Aug 7, 2014
    This is a cute game for kids.

This is a cute game for kids.

It's a light puzzle game, where you control these four penguins, each of whom have different abilities. You have to command them to do different tasks in order to reach a goal (literally reach a goal). The first penguin can gather all the other penguins and do a double jump. The second can collect items to create inventions. The third can blow things up to clear a path, and the fourth can go through tunnels.

Combined they help each other out to solve puzzles that are comprised of various physical tasks. For this you use the d-pad to move them around in their small '3D' world; however, you also get to make use of the Nintendo DS touch screen. You can use the touch screen to switch penguins, and do tasks within the game, like putting together different pieces to create an invention such as a bridge.

There is also the task of collecting rainbow ice cream cones, and in addition to this there are mini games you can select from the menu. Not a bad game, but errors, and perhaps a lack of a challenge can make this quite boring.

This is a very middle of the road game. Not bad. Not good.

There are no critic reviews yet.