8.4

1. RyanS.
    Aug 30, 2007
    This is the most addictive game ive played on the DS... even more than mario kart. Im at the point in my life where video games cannot hold my interest like they used to. I keep buying games and play them for a few hours and then put them away never to be touched again but ive used up my battery on my ds at least 10 times in the last month only playing this game. In fact I went to my This is the most addictive game ive played on the DS... even more than mario kart. Im at the point in my life where video games cannot hold my interest like they used to. I keep buying games and play them for a few hours and then put them away never to be touched again but ive used up my battery on my ds at least 10 times in the last month only playing this game. In fact I went to my parents house with this and my mom picked it up and started becoming interested in it and she hasnt played anything since tetris for the first game boy. Expand
  2. Vijay
    Oct 25, 2007
    If you love logic, and games like Sudoku and Mineweeper, you absolutely must own this title. Unlike Sudoku, I find that this game is actually much more enjoyable than the pen and paper version. Extremely addictive.
  3. ArexS.
    Aug 2, 2007
    Complex and intuitive game with lots of rewarding factors to it.
  4. ABCD
    Aug 5, 2007
    A great addictive game that every puzzler can enjoy.
  5. Blaine
    Aug 2, 2007
    I played Mario's Picross when it first came out for the old school Game Boy, and it was fun for a puzzle freak like me. I just bought Picross DS yesterday, and I liked it even more. There's just something in the presentation. Once you complete a picture, you get a cute little animated gif-style graphic with your picture. 5 in a row on normal mode, you can play a quick mini-game. I played Mario's Picross when it first came out for the old school Game Boy, and it was fun for a puzzle freak like me. I just bought Picross DS yesterday, and I liked it even more. There's just something in the presentation. Once you complete a picture, you get a cute little animated gif-style graphic with your picture. 5 in a row on normal mode, you can play a quick mini-game. Not really necessary, because the game itself doesn't seem tedious, but it's still a fun little brain break. I personally didn't need the tutorial off the top, but I think it's very helpful for beginners or players who need a refresher. And it's easy to pick up, do 3 or 4 puzzles, then put back down in about 30 minutes. Love this game! Great for gamers who read Games Magazine and enjoy the "Paint by Numbers" puzzles! Expand
  6. UweP.
    Aug 19, 2007
    A magnificent game that succeeds where others in the genre fails, making you feel smart as you logically uncover each part of the picture puzzles. It is simply unputdownable and absolutely the best game on the DS for both casuals and veterans to enjoy.
  7. Oct 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers. an amazing and addictive puzzle game, the sequel to marios picross, but no mario except for the last few levels, and anyway, he only problem is that sometimes, you just find yourself not bothering and pking every square to find out what youre acctually making before you complete it properly.

90%
  8. Jul 29, 2012
    I loved this game, to the point that playing it was part of my daily routine. I played it at night to help me fall asleep and I actually don't know what to do now that I've finished all the puzzles. Tycho says he measures the quality of a game by how many times he has to recharge his DS before he's tired of the game, and I lost count of number of times I had to recharge mine. It isI loved this game, to the point that playing it was part of my daily routine. I played it at night to help me fall asleep and I actually don't know what to do now that I've finished all the puzzles. Tycho says he measures the quality of a game by how many times he has to recharge his DS before he's tired of the game, and I lost count of number of times I had to recharge mine. It is obviously not for everyone, and you have to be patient with some of the more difficult puzzles, but it's always a good feeling when you finally figure out the one you couldn't get.

I also loved the extra puzzles you get in the end. A little bit of Nintendo history.
  9. Oct 15, 2011

90%

#31 Most Discussed DS Game of 2007

1. It is, simply, just about the best version of just about the best logic puzzle out there. [JPN Import]
  2. Nintendo Gamer
    You turn on the DS at 5pm. Next thing you know, it's 11:30pm and the stylus has worn a bloody groove into your finger. Forget The Matrix: it's Picross's grids that'll enslave us all. [JPN Import]
  3. Official Nintendo Magazine UK