8.2

1. ShawhinI.
    Jul 2, 2007
    Meteos???? really! I mean, how can you compare the two...one is tetris attack suped up. i mean, the greatest block puzzle game since...well, tetris! The other, a fire things off into space for a couple o minutes game that i've literally played only a dozen times(the desire quickly fades). C'mon now, i've had 45 min PPL sessions with the same opponent online...this is pure Meteos???? really! I mean, how can you compare the two...one is tetris attack suped up. i mean, the greatest block puzzle game since...well, tetris! The other, a fire things off into space for a couple o minutes game that i've literally played only a dozen times(the desire quickly fades). C'mon now, i've had 45 min PPL sessions with the same opponent online...this is pure puzzle gaming at its finest! Expand
  2. KenH.
    Oct 17, 2007
    Have to disgree with others here: in single player mode the game quickly becomes the same thing over and over. I like Puzzle Quest a whole lots better. I was bored with this game in less than 3 hours of gameplay.
  3. MattM.
    Jun 11, 2007
    By far one of the best puzzle games on the DS yet. Will probably get more play than Tetris DS and maybe even Meteos. Online Meteos online could maybe beat this title.
  4. AlexR.
    Jun 22, 2007
    PocketGamer UK needs to calm the hell down. Of course, PPL is no Meteos (Online Meteos would dominate so hard) but the game is solid and truly valued in its multiplayer...and the single player ain't that bad either. Oh, and those daily challenges, GENIUS.
  5. CheerfulWhite
    Jul 22, 2007
    The best puzzler to the DS. Do you love action puzzle. Buy this!
  6. HexenM.
    Sep 16, 2007
    This game reminds me of Tetris Attack for SNES. The game is fun to play and has every thing that I like to see.For those who don't know what Tetris Attack is,I will tell you. Tetris Attack is a1994-95 game that had yoshi and his friends against Bowser.It was the greatest puzzle game ever made and is vary rare. Puzzle League is a solid 10 out of 10.
  7. Nick
    Dec 8, 2009
    Best game Tetris like puzzle game since Tetris! Ken, you're right its very repetitive, but so is Tetris and I still play that all the time. This game ROCKS!!! (I absolutely love the sound effects and music of Tetris Attack on SNES though)
  8. Jul 3, 2011
    What gives this lower score than the actual puzzle game really deserves is the lack of depth and originality. The only add-on compared to the other Puzzle League games are items (which, of course, ruins the game in my opinion). Still a good game to bring on the road.

#36 Most Discussed DS Game of 2007

1. Nintendo Power
    Overall, however, Planet Puzzle League lives up to the rich tradition of its heritage, and puzzle fans would be remiss to ignore it. [July 2007, p.97]
    Intelligent Systems really went to town in this Nintendo DS version -- it's an excellent retooling of a very addictive puzzle game. You'll be hardpressed to find a larger list of features in any handheld puzzle game.
  3. The ability to share this joy with people around you and then play them from anywhere in the world serves to make this one of the better buys you can make for the DS.