8.6

1. Dec 25, 2012
    This fails horribly as a sequel and as a standalone game has a horrible plot, tacked onto the prequel. Some of the new features are nice and it has a good selection of mons, so it would have worked much better as the usual 'third version'. As it stands you have to deal with the atrocious plot.

This is the only pokemon game I've ever regretted buying.
  2. Dec 16, 2013
    My review on Pokémon Black and White 2
    [Part 1] part one is about battle actions, glitches and bad looking Pokémon.

If you like Pokémon B.W. you might not like Pokémon Black and White 2.This version isn’t a big improvement. While there are two new forms for Kyurem [Pokémon] it looks dangerous and ugly. In the game the images are the same as in Black and White.
    Some Pokémon battle
    actions [where they move or look stupid] look like they died. Charizard’s battle action is the worst. In the original games Charizard could never bend his neck but in Black and White 2 his neck is always bent. Why did they ruin it?
    There are a lot of glitches in Pokémon Black and White 2 like Dodrio [normal and flying type Pokémon]. The game allows you to teach it the H.M. [hidden move] Fly which allows you to fly to places you’ve been.
    Dodrio does not have wings and three heads I mean like how does it fly? It’s stupid! Another glitch is Ghost girl. I’m not sure if she’s a glitch, she is a question in the game. If she is not a glitch she is a question left unanswered. No one knows what she is supposed to be for.
    Overall, I would not recommend you to spend any money on this game.
  3. Nov 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is horrible. It is the complete polar opposite of its former games pokemon B/W (which were amazing) It's like they took pokemon Black, and flipped it upside down. I barley got through the game. This is the only game in the pokemon series since D/P that I have not gotten both versions. Expand

1. Mar 20, 2013
    They're still good games, but there's nothing overtly special about them that makes them stand out from the rest of the series or, more importantly, Black and White 1.
  2. Jan 10, 2013
    Like the first game, Pokémon Black: Version 2 is a solid title that most fans will enjoy. The addictive qualities remain, and partaking in the quest to meet and capture every Pokémon is still as exciting as it was several handheld generations ago. While the base game is still great, longtime fans will be less enthused by the restrictions, despite the many improvements and included modes. For those looking for their next series fix, this entry will do nicely.
    Classic collect-them-all RPG offers challenging battles and quite-a-lot Pokémons to train. [Christmas 2012]