Pokemon Conquest DS

8.2

1. LHy
    Sep 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. At first I was not too interested in this game but after months, I decided to buy it, and let me tell you, It was a really nice experience, I loved the gameplay, and the fact that you can storm kingdoms and take over, good game in general Expand
  2. Oct 6, 2012
    It's a pretty standard, little tactics-style RPG. The action is neither groundbreaking nor offensively bad. It's got the standard pokemon table of effectiveness, as well as abilities and items and such. Instead of catching pokemon, warriors bond with them, and one of the more things in the game is trying to find the perfect matches for each warrior. Each pokemon only has one move inIt's a pretty standard, little tactics-style RPG. The action is neither groundbreaking nor offensively bad. It's got the standard pokemon table of effectiveness, as well as abilities and items and such. Instead of catching pokemon, warriors bond with them, and one of the more things in the game is trying to find the perfect matches for each warrior. Each pokemon only has one move in combat, which makes for the interesting tactical choice of what order you want to attack in or where you want your pokemon to be so that they won't hit each other with attacks that do a lot of collateral damage. Much to my surprise, I actually ended up liking that feature of only having one attack, which forced some more team composition than just putting a super-powerful moveset into play and sweeping the field. Much to my dismay, though, there are only so many pokemon within the game. Th artwork is actually quite stunning, which just makes it more painful not to see most of my favourite pokemon. Fans of tactics games will probably find the game short, simple, and dull, and feel that the game has resources that it didn't fully realize. People who are new to tactics games, younger gamers, and pokemon fans, however, will probably have some fun with it. Expand
  3. Aug 4, 2012
    HoMM for kids. This game has everything one needs to make a perfect tactic RPG game... for a mobile phone. One-dimensional, dull gameplay (check number one), simplistic graphics (check two), utterly forgettable plot and soundtrack (check three), unintuitive interface (check f... wait no, that's unacceptable even in mobile games!) - you name it, you have it. However, the game is veryHoMM for kids. This game has everything one needs to make a perfect tactic RPG game... for a mobile phone. One-dimensional, dull gameplay (check number one), simplistic graphics (check two), utterly forgettable plot and soundtrack (check three), unintuitive interface (check f... wait no, that's unacceptable even in mobile games!) - you name it, you have it. However, the game is very addictive when played in short periods (yet another distinctive trait of mobile games), which is why I'm giving it 6. Kids might find it interesting, but the older audience should save their time and money for the next Fire Emblem. Expand
  4. Jun 27, 2012
    This game. This game, this game, this game. When I played through the first campaign, I thought I had been ripped off. It looked like I was going to finish it 6 hours through and nothing had really "wowed" me yet. I was relieved to find out that, after finishing the game, a number of other campaigns popped up. I played through several of them ... then realized that, aside from a few linesThis game. This game, this game, this game. When I played through the first campaign, I thought I had been ripped off. It looked like I was going to finish it 6 hours through and nothing had really "wowed" me yet. I was relieved to find out that, after finishing the game, a number of other campaigns popped up. I played through several of them ... then realized that, aside from a few lines of text at the beginning of each campaign, I was playing the same game over and over again, on different combinations of maps.
    I'd say that I liked every aspect of the game, except for when you hit the point when you realize that the game isn't getting any better and you quit.
    Another major disappointment is a lack of peripheral functions, like trading and a large pool of Pokemon to ally with.
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but this game just doesn't shine like I expect it to.

#3 Most Discussed DS Game of 2012
#3 Most Shared DS Game of 2012

1. Oct 27, 2012
    The strategy aspect in itself is quite entertaining, and manages to draw a fine line between being a real challenge and a breeze. Some confusion does arise thanks to poor explaining and bad layout, but this is overall a very solid first step into the strategy genre for the popular Pokémons.
  2. Oct 24, 2012
    One of the last "must-have" we'll see on Nintendo DS. It's simply one of the bests and most original SRPGs right now, with many hours of fun waiting for you and very interesting characters to lead us through the plot.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 14, 2012
    Pokémon Conquest is a better game than the idea of fusing Pokemon with Nobunaga's Ambition originally sounded like. Although the difficulty level is set low enough for kids to manage, even grown ups can enjoy Conquest's take on tactical battles and Pokemon training. [Sept 2012]