Pokemon Diamond Version DS

8.3

1. Mar 1, 2011
    This is the first Pokemon game I was introduced to, and it will always be my favorite. As with the rest of the Pokemon games, it can be accessed on any level. You can simply grind through, giving no thought to your IVs, and leveling up your starter to around 75, with a Level 18 Staravia, and beat the game. However, you can also take the most out of it by creating a perfect team, andThis is the first Pokemon game I was introduced to, and it will always be my favorite. As with the rest of the Pokemon games, it can be accessed on any level. You can simply grind through, giving no thought to your IVs, and leveling up your starter to around 75, with a Level 18 Staravia, and beat the game. However, you can also take the most out of it by creating a perfect team, and you'll need more than a level 75 starter to do well in the Battle Tower. Oh boy. There's so much to do--searching and chaining for Shiny Pokemon (many more Pokemon become available when you beat the game) making poffins, going underground, trading online. It's so extensive, and I've spent over 115 hours on it. I recommend it wholeheartedly. Expand
  2. Will
    Jul 9, 2007
    It's an awesome game, but not particular original. It works well with the DS, but I sometimes feel that it could do with a little more refining. For example, if a menu appears on the bottom screen I expect to be able to touch which option I want, but this doesn't always work.
  3. May 7, 2012
    For me, this is the last best Pokemon game in the series. Meaning Platinum included. It had the mixture of the old Pokemon and the new Pokemon. I believe that this game added the MOST new Pokemon to date. Along with a lot of the best looking ones. Diamond/Pearl's bread and butter is the intriguing story of the Sinnoh region. Theirs a lot of new contain in the game such as customizing, newFor me, this is the last best Pokemon game in the series. Meaning Platinum included. It had the mixture of the old Pokemon and the new Pokemon. I believe that this game added the MOST new Pokemon to date. Along with a lot of the best looking ones. Diamond/Pearl's bread and butter is the intriguing story of the Sinnoh region. Theirs a lot of new contain in the game such as customizing, new online feature etc. Pokemon fans, get this game and get sucked into the Sinnoh world. Enjoy your time with the last best installment in the Pokemon series. Expand
  4. Sep 25, 2013
    i was actually afraid to play this game when I first came across it. I didn't know anything about the "new" pokemon and just assumed I wouldn't like it. I got into Pokemon when it first came out and had Charmander, Pikachu, etc., so I had no interest to see where they took it. However, I gave it a shot and actually came to loving this game. It's actually one of my favorite pokemon games.i was actually afraid to play this game when I first came across it. I didn't know anything about the "new" pokemon and just assumed I wouldn't like it. I got into Pokemon when it first came out and had Charmander, Pikachu, etc., so I had no interest to see where they took it. However, I gave it a shot and actually came to loving this game. It's actually one of my favorite pokemon games. It has so much to do even after you have beaten everyone and I love so many of the pokemon it features. I really misjudged it. I am so glad i gave it a try. Expand
  5. Nov 10, 2010
    this was an excellent DS game
  6. linlu
    Aug 19, 2009
    It really isn't that great, one of the weakest for the DS and one of the weakest in the series too.
  7. NickL.
    May 10, 2007
    honestly, it is a fun game. it is similar to the previous ones, yet at the same time they have made new adventures and obstacles that must be over come. the one part of the game that i am not really a fan of (and this can go for all of them really) is the repatition of pokemon, if they are going to make a set of new pokemon each game then change them all not just most. i would recomend honestly, it is a fun game. it is similar to the previous ones, yet at the same time they have made new adventures and obstacles that must be over come. the one part of the game that i am not really a fan of (and this can go for all of them really) is the repatition of pokemon, if they are going to make a set of new pokemon each game then change them all not just most. i would recomend this game to people because its new fun and easy. Expand
  8. MarkL.
    Jul 28, 2007
    Small changes make a big difference to the classic Pokemon format. While it may look similar in screens, the new 3D feel and non-grid-based movement make it feel more up to date, you won't feel like your playing the same game you did 10 years ago. The game utilizes the touch screen a lot, but not with much purpose as actions can be carried out with the buttons just as quickly, and Small changes make a big difference to the classic Pokemon format. While it may look similar in screens, the new 3D feel and non-grid-based movement make it feel more up to date, you won't feel like your playing the same game you did 10 years ago. The game utilizes the touch screen a lot, but not with much purpose as actions can be carried out with the buttons just as quickly, and the Poketech is cool but gimmicky. Pocket Gamer UK's review said it well - with the DSes wireless connection abilities this is the community game Pokemon was always trying to be. While it's a fun RPG in it's own right, it's so much more fun to battle and trade with friends. And as with previous Pokemons, it'll take a long time to acquire every Pokemon, so you'll easily get your money's worth. I still would have like to see more radical changes, maybe dropping random battles in FFXII style, or using the touch screen more inventively. But even though Game Freak have been reluctant to risk changing things too much, it's definitely an essential DS purchase, though probably not the console seller that the originals were. Expand
  9. Jul 29, 2011
    Pokemon Diamond was probably the best boost of the Pokemon franchise. This game showed realistic images of towns. There were a few melodramatic, real life scenes. There were many new, more detailed Pokemon. Overall, Pokemon Diamond was one of the biggest contributions to Pokemon game improvements.
  10. DaveH
    Jan 4, 2010
    People who liked this game have probably never player another Pokemon game before. This game may have the most content but it is very poor in spirit the producers put in it, and the pokemon from this generation are by far the worst ones, seriously, adding a Pokemon that can shapeshift to a Washing Machine? Lame
  11. AshK
    Feb 1, 2010
    They just added more levels and Pokemon, but there's very little to note. The new Pokemon look like they were really running out of ideas. They were going for quantity over quality. The way you're allowed to transport Pokemon from your GBA games is pretty cool (although it wouldn't work with the DSi because it has no GBA slot), however, a lot of Pokemon can only be obtained They just added more levels and Pokemon, but there's very little to note. The new Pokemon look like they were really running out of ideas. They were going for quantity over quality. The way you're allowed to transport Pokemon from your GBA games is pretty cool (although it wouldn't work with the DSi because it has no GBA slot), however, a lot of Pokemon can only be obtained this way, so if you don't have those games, then forget it! There are also some Pokemon other than Mew you can't get at all like Lugia and Hoho, which are the ones in the Gold and Silver. I'm sure you would be allowed to get the missing ones in the Gold and Silver remakes, but if those were never made then you'd be stuck with an incomplete Pokedex. What ever happened to "Gotta catch 'em all?!" WHAT were they thinking? One nice thing I've got to say is that the Pokegear items are pretty cool. Puzzles are rare and feel uninspired. Sure there are a lot of Pokemon to collect, but it feels redundant because of how uninspired they are. There is no sense of discovery. The way you're allowed to trade online may seem like a brilliant idea, but everyone wants something insane like Regigigas while all you want is a Munchlax. A so-so game, but probably the worst in the series. Go play the ones for the Gameboy Color. Expand
  12. Peepkirby
    May 1, 2009
    I worked very hard, but then i tried to do the leage part(when you have to beat 4 people)and i could not beat the fire guy's rapidash wish my level 72 piplup,and level 51 dialga!!! hard game.
  13. Oct 6, 2013
    I have changed my opinion of this game it is really good from the great music to the epic battles this is a great Pokemon game to get!!!! platinum is better!!
  14. someonedoe
    Jul 13, 2007
    The last games like red version and blue were good but all pokemon has ever done is just change a few things like new pokemon and new region but still its all ways the same thing beat the gym leaders then beat the eliet four and you beat the game always the same thing kinda sick and tired of the same stuff do not buy anymore pokemon games if youve beat one of the pokemon games.
  15. OliverC.
    Jun 9, 2007
    Easily the worst title the pokemon gameboy franchise. The pokemon are poorly thought out and assembling a well balanced team can be a pain. It's also the easiest and longest. That being said, it's still fun for the most part and shouldn't necessarily be avoided.
  16. NoahW.
    Jun 3, 2007
    Fun game like all pokemon games but many new pokemon are unoriginal and are stupid but definetly worth getting because you can get pokemon from all other games.
  17. AlexS.
    Apr 23, 2007
    This game is different than the others and takes a while to get used to but it is very fun. the new Pokemon are cool and interesting. the game uses the touch screen a lot but is still good. I just got it yesterday so this review is only on the begging my highest level is 19.
  18. Ryan
    Jul 17, 2007
    Old fashioned pokemon goodness with online play added on. Loads of fun.
  19. CaseyC.
    Sep 20, 2007
    Although admittedly the game is pretty much the same as the Pokemon games, to base a rating on that alone is like saying giving a low score to any of the Halo games (after all, it's just like any other FPS game right?). This game not only updates the battle system and introduce new pokemon, but it also comes with WiFI, enabling battles and trades to everyone around the world. These Although admittedly the game is pretty much the same as the Pokemon games, to base a rating on that alone is like saying giving a low score to any of the Halo games (after all, it's just like any other FPS game right?). This game not only updates the battle system and introduce new pokemon, but it also comes with WiFI, enabling battles and trades to everyone around the world. These two games will keep you occupied for a long time. Expand
  20. KevinR.
    Apr 23, 2007
    It's not anything new to those of us who have been playing since the days of Blue and Red, but it still is one of the most enjoyable, surprisingly deep experiences out there.
  21. MiriamA.
    May 20, 2007
    Great game! Brings back a lot of memories. While game play stays the same, new items and the new Pokemon add to its appeal.
  22. SophS.
    Jun 29, 2007
    This game has had some poor reviews, but i strongly disagree. The game has cleverly added in the Touch screen and create new and fun ideas to the game. Although the plot is the same as the previous games i still found the game hard to put down even when it came to meals! ! ! ! If you enjoyed other pokemon games you will lke this and even if you have never played pokemon i recommend you This game has had some poor reviews, but i strongly disagree. The game has cleverly added in the Touch screen and create new and fun ideas to the game. Although the plot is the same as the previous games i still found the game hard to put down even when it came to meals! ! ! ! If you enjoyed other pokemon games you will lke this and even if you have never played pokemon i recommend you should try this game. Expand
  23. BenH.
    Jun 29, 2007
    Great game, cool pokemon, great graphics, but ive got one vice with it. You can only put on your seeking list in the GTS pokemon that you have seen Otherwise, an awesome game
  24. AdamF.
    Jul 10, 2007
    I'm rather alarmed that diamond currently has an 8.4 user vote on metacritic when pearl has a 9.3 on the same site. this 10 is to balance the scales. Diamond and pearl are really the same game, and the're both completely awsome.
  25. DeannaH.
    Jul 29, 2007
    The games are basically the same, but I like this one because it has better graphics and different pokemon. This game is awesome!
  26. MattC.
    Aug 6, 2007
    Very similar to the original but why fix what's not broken? The gameplay still remains excellent, with a large world to explore and hundreds of pokemon to catch!
  27. JordanW.
    Feb 15, 2008
    It ok. The lack of new pokemon really made it 7. maby 6. Im a big pokemon fan but this is by far the worst, i played and that was it. Easy, i got through in 23hours with complete dex. boring and trepetative. At least day.night was back, rather play e/r/s at least they had lots of new pokes. Oh like for graphics.
  28. WilliamT.
    Sep 23, 2008
    Not only the best Pokemon game yet but possibly the best use of the touch screen in the DS library. There is nothing in this game that is poorly done. Forget the kiddie assumption, anyone serious about playing good games would find this a worthy purchase.
  29. Nov 16, 2011
    "Pokemon Diamond Version" is the old, simple gameboy game we all love, only back in DS :) Enjoy!!!!
  30. Aug 8, 2012
    I liked this game, as I've liked other Pokemon games, nothing new was really brought to it, but it was fun to play through some new cities and interact with different characters, however I really hated the fact that you had to completely fill your pokedex before you can progress onto the next region, hated that a LOT.

#2 Most Discussed DS Game of 2007
#8 Most Shared DS Game of 2007

1. Games Master UK
    Familiar collecting and battling, but immaculately designdd and with online play. [June 2007, p.62]
  2. Nintendo Gamer
    With Wi-Fi battles and Global Trade, D/P is essential. [Sept 2007, p.81]
  3. There’s a lot to do in Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl, which looks as good as a top-down Pokemon game is going to get for some time. It also benefits more than any other sequel in the series from a predecessor due to online capabilities. [JPN Import]