7.9

1. Jun 20, 2013
    A great game! A wide variety of Pokemon that you can have on your team, a fun story, fun side-stories, lots of places to explore! It's challenging enough to keep you busy and entertained, but not so challenging that you get angry and frustrated and give up. I honestly cannot think of any ways this game could have been made better. Heavily recommended!
  2. Aug 25, 2010
    Though it offers much to please die-hard Pokemon fans, your much better off with the GBA version, as this didn't need to be on DS. Theres some nice sprite work here, and fairly satisfying dungeon crawling, but when it gets so boring so fast...youre going to run back to the superior games, that being the main series.
  3. May 20, 2011
    This game is great, and not just for die-hard pokemon fans. Of course, being a pokemon instead of a trainer is a really nice touch, and ensures that there are many different things than the main series. There are so many new items, the moves sometimes work a bit differently, but the thing i love most is the idea of "recruiting" pokemon onto your team, rather than catching them. It adds a strategic layer to the game. The story is fantastic, and is very long. There is so much to do, and there is a ton of stuff after you beat the game. The graphics are great, the gameplay is solid, and this is overall a great game. There is some replayability, especially if you want to try out playing as different characters. If you get tired of this, DON'T sell it. Just tuck it away on your shelf. Because believe me. You'll want to play it again soon. Expand
  4. Jun 15, 2011
    Repetitive experience is found here, all you do is going to Dungeons that never change, making every level the same. The story is nice, and thats a high point in the game.
  5. May 20, 2013
    This game is what was so badly needed...A pokemon game that isn't afraid to be difficult. Constantly difficult. It might not be exactly NetHack, but compared to an main-series pokemon game it hates you. I never found it get especially repetetive, as the constant tension kept things going. And as for The Very Definetaly Final Dungeon...You'll have nightmares about the sentence 'It's a monster house.' for weeks! Expand
  6. Oct 22, 2012
    This game is an experience and a damn amazing one. The dungeons do get monotonous while replaying the game, but seriously Gamespot? You can do better than that. The story is this game's highlight. While you can agree with McDumbass and make two accounts to hate on this game and it's story, it's easily the most compelling storyline Pokémon has offered, still unmatched by its sequel. If you'd rather have improved gameplay and a predictable story then I recommend its sequel, Explorers of Sky. If you agree that story makes an RPG of this caliber, then this game is for you. Expand
  7. Feb 2, 2013
    The story is really nice and the game is fun. However the interminable dungeons become repetitive after a while and when you die and have to restart at the beginning it gets frustrating.
  8. Sep 24, 2013
    The issue with this game isn't that its not fun, its not that its horrible in anyway but the issue is that its doesn't fell like a Pokemon game.Its an awesome dungeon crawl that has fantastic music and really good graphics but its far from a typical Pokemon game. The best part from this game is the end when you evolve not because I hate been in the first evolution but I really dislike that I'm level 90 and a weak charmander. That's just me tho, I really do like this game its not bad at all. The reason that I gave it such an average score is because that its not really that amazing. The whole game is just ok not great not bad just a good game. Its like Pokemon pinball, the game is a really good time killer that you can play at a doctors office but to be honest I would never of played this game if I was not 11 when it came out. Regardless I still recommend look at this game and trying this out. Expand
  9. Feb 15, 2014
    An underrated RPG. Great story, great music and a good morality tale for the player. The characters are pretty well developed, though there are some that i consider forgettable (The major teams besides Team ACT). I recommend this game to anyone who likes a good RPG.

1. Overall, it’s a satisfying Pokémon romp. The perspective is a little different but the addictive turn-based battles and exploration are in full effect and still lots of fun.
  2. Only the most diehard Pokemon fans should ever consider picking this game up. The gameplay isn’t especially interesting, the game makes poor use of the Nintendo DS hardware, and the presentation is seriously outdated.
  3. Compelling for a while, eventually Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team casts a powerful sleep spell over the toughest of pokéfans.