7.9

1. Christian
    Sep 7, 2006
    This game is the game that all Pokemon lovers where waiting for.
  2. Jun 20, 2013
    A great game! A wide variety of Pokemon that you can have on your team, a fun story, fun side-stories, lots of places to explore! It's challenging enough to keep you busy and entertained, but not so challenging that you get angry and frustrated and give up. I honestly cannot think of any ways this game could have been made better. Heavily recommended!
  3. WeronikaC.
    Nov 26, 2006
    This game is perfect for anyone who loves adventures, and especially mysteries. This game is based on partnership, where you and your partner try to save the world, and perhaps even others.
  4. MaryanneD.
    Sep 28, 2006
    Its an awesome game, go Pokemon!
  5. McMucrkle
    Feb 13, 2007
    This game is pants. I am definitely right, and anyone who likes this game is definitely wrong and is insane and boring. The game is rubbish: repetitive (1 town, endless identical dungeons), theres nothing to do except walk in dungeons, boring storyline, generally irritating. It made me want to die quickly. Do not buy this game. Bore off.
  6. TonyH.
    Sep 4, 2007
    While this pokemon game is sort of an upset due to it following a complete different style of gameplay from the orginals that we love. The graphics were really nothing wow worthy and it is definitely not worth the $29.99. I would reccomend playing the originals or pokemon diamond and pearl!
  7. AdamE.
    Apr 28, 2007
    I think Pokemon is brilliant, but this game is terrible! It's repetitive to a fault, with no special sequences. Random generation may provide endless gameplay, but there's a reason why awesome gaming sequences are actually designed by people! This is the worst game on DS and anyone who likes this should play a real game, not something that took about half a month to make.
  8. mcmurkle
    Feb 13, 2007
    this game is pants: i am definitely right... no one who likes this game is right, they are insane and boring, get out. this game is rubbish. repetitive (1 town, endless identical dungeons, about 5 possible actions at any time), boring storyline, generally irritating. it made me want to die quickly. buy the normal standard pokemon games instead where you control a trainer, this is a massivethis game is pants: i am definitely right... no one who likes this game is right, they are insane and boring, get out. this game is rubbish. repetitive (1 town, endless identical dungeons, about 5 possible actions at any time), boring storyline, generally irritating. it made me want to die quickly. buy the normal standard pokemon games instead where you control a trainer, this is a massive let down. bore off. Expand
  9. RobertC.
    Jul 18, 2007
    Horrible game! I would not recommend it to anyone. I am an avid pokemon game fan but can't believe how boring this game is.....snoooooorre.
  10. Oct 22, 2012
    This game is an experience and a damn amazing one. The dungeons do get monotonous while replaying the game, but seriously Gamespot? You can do better than that. The story is this game's highlight. While you can agree with McDumbass and make two accounts to hate on this game and it's story, it's easily the most compelling storyline Pokémon has offered, still unmatched by its sequel.This game is an experience and a damn amazing one. The dungeons do get monotonous while replaying the game, but seriously Gamespot? You can do better than that. The story is this game's highlight. While you can agree with McDumbass and make two accounts to hate on this game and it's story, it's easily the most compelling storyline Pokémon has offered, still unmatched by its sequel. If you'd rather have improved gameplay and a predictable story then I recommend its sequel, Explorers of Sky. If you agree that story makes an RPG of this caliber, then this game is for you. Expand
  11. Feb 2, 2013
    The story is really nice and the game is fun. However the interminable dungeons become repetitive after a while and when you die and have to restart at the beginning it gets frustrating.
  12. KevinM.
    Jul 29, 2006
    Very good Game.
  13. JustinB.
    Oct 1, 2006
    This game is awesome, UNTIL after you defeat Zapdos, then you end up grueling over dying again and again in the next dungeon.
  14. CazC.
    Jun 22, 2007
    Extremely cute and cuddly version of Pokemon where you become the actual pocket monster yourself. Pretty random and repetative at times but fun to complete and definately worth trying it out.
  15. DrewF.
    Sep 27, 2006
    You have to give this game at least a couple of hours before you can really decide if you like it or no. When i first started out, i was flabbergasted. Why did i pay 30 bucks for this? My first thought was to turn around and head back to the store to exchange it. However, a day went by, and i decided to give it another chance. It's funny just how fun the game starts to be when you You have to give this game at least a couple of hours before you can really decide if you like it or no. When i first started out, i was flabbergasted. Why did i pay 30 bucks for this? My first thought was to turn around and head back to the store to exchange it. However, a day went by, and i decided to give it another chance. It's funny just how fun the game starts to be when you really get into the meat of it. Yes, it's gruelling at times, and it can be sadistic (You're on floor 25 of 26, and you die), but there's a very clever password system which allows other players ANYWHERE in the world to come and 'save' you, thus giving you another lease on life to continue. Very ingenious way to revive the password system. Surprisingly fun game that can really eat up the hours. Expand
  16. Aug 25, 2010
    Though it offers much to please die-hard Pokemon fans, your much better off with the GBA version, as this didn't need to be on DS. Theres some nice sprite work here, and fairly satisfying dungeon crawling, but when it gets so boring so fast...youre going to run back to the superior games, that being the main series.
  17. May 20, 2011
    This game is great, and not just for die-hard pokemon fans. Of course, being a pokemon instead of a trainer is a really nice touch, and ensures that there are many different things than the main series. There are so many new items, the moves sometimes work a bit differently, but the thing i love most is the idea of "recruiting" pokemon onto your team, rather than catching them. It adds aThis game is great, and not just for die-hard pokemon fans. Of course, being a pokemon instead of a trainer is a really nice touch, and ensures that there are many different things than the main series. There are so many new items, the moves sometimes work a bit differently, but the thing i love most is the idea of "recruiting" pokemon onto your team, rather than catching them. It adds a strategic layer to the game. The story is fantastic, and is very long. There is so much to do, and there is a ton of stuff after you beat the game. The graphics are great, the gameplay is solid, and this is overall a great game. There is some replayability, especially if you want to try out playing as different characters. If you get tired of this, DON'T sell it. Just tuck it away on your shelf. Because believe me. You'll want to play it again soon. Expand
  18. Jun 15, 2011
    Repetitive experience is found here, all you do is going to Dungeons that never change, making every level the same. The story is nice, and thats a high point in the game.
  19. May 20, 2013
    This game is what was so badly needed...A pokemon game that isn't afraid to be difficult. Constantly difficult. It might not be exactly NetHack, but compared to an main-series pokemon game it hates you. I never found it get especially repetetive, as the constant tension kept things going. And as for The Very Definetaly Final Dungeon...You'll have nightmares about the sentence 'It's aThis game is what was so badly needed...A pokemon game that isn't afraid to be difficult. Constantly difficult. It might not be exactly NetHack, but compared to an main-series pokemon game it hates you. I never found it get especially repetetive, as the constant tension kept things going. And as for The Very Definetaly Final Dungeon...You'll have nightmares about the sentence 'It's a monster house.' for weeks! Expand
  20. Sep 24, 2013
    The issue with this game isn't that its not fun, its not that its horrible in anyway but the issue is that its doesn't fell like a Pokemon game.Its an awesome dungeon crawl that has fantastic music and really good graphics but its far from a typical Pokemon game. The best part from this game is the end when you evolve not because I hate been in the first evolution but I really dislike thatThe issue with this game isn't that its not fun, its not that its horrible in anyway but the issue is that its doesn't fell like a Pokemon game.Its an awesome dungeon crawl that has fantastic music and really good graphics but its far from a typical Pokemon game. The best part from this game is the end when you evolve not because I hate been in the first evolution but I really dislike that I'm level 90 and a weak charmander. That's just me tho, I really do like this game its not bad at all. The reason that I gave it such an average score is because that its not really that amazing. The whole game is just ok not great not bad just a good game. Its like Pokemon pinball, the game is a really good time killer that you can play at a doctors office but to be honest I would never of played this game if I was not 11 when it came out. Regardless I still recommend look at this game and trying this out. Expand
  21. Feb 15, 2014
    An underrated RPG. Great story, great music and a good morality tale for the player. The characters are pretty well developed, though there are some that i consider forgettable (The major teams besides Team ACT). I recommend this game to anyone who likes a good RPG.

1. Overall, it’s a satisfying Pokémon romp. The perspective is a little different but the addictive turn-based battles and exploration are in full effect and still lots of fun.
  2. Only the most diehard Pokemon fans should ever consider picking this game up. The gameplay isn’t especially interesting, the game makes poor use of the Nintendo DS hardware, and the presentation is seriously outdated.
  3. Compelling for a while, eventually Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team casts a powerful sleep spell over the toughest of pokéfans.