Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team DS

8.0

1. Sep 24, 2013
    The issue with this game isn't that its not fun, its not that its horrible in anyway but the issue is that its doesn't fell like a Pokemon game.Its an awesome dungeon crawl that has fantastic music and really good graphics but its far from a typical Pokemon game. The best part from this game is the end when you evolve not because I hate been in the first evolution but I really dislike thatThe issue with this game isn't that its not fun, its not that its horrible in anyway but the issue is that its doesn't fell like a Pokemon game.Its an awesome dungeon crawl that has fantastic music and really good graphics but its far from a typical Pokemon game. The best part from this game is the end when you evolve not because I hate been in the first evolution but I really dislike that I'm level 90 and a weak charmander. That's just me tho, I really do like this game its not bad at all. The reason that I gave it such an average score is because that its not really that amazing. The whole game is just ok not great not bad just a good game. Its like Pokemon pinball, the game is a really good time killer that you can play at a doctors office but to be honest I would never of played this game if I was not 11 when it came out. Regardless I still recommend look at this game and trying this out. Expand
  2. Nov 24, 2015
    This game is decent. Not great, but not terrible.

This game is decent. Not great, but not terrible.

The gameplay is pretty repetitive, and fairly punishing. Not hard, but if you faint in a dungeon, you have to start over, which is really frustrating. It's a high price to pay for a misstep or errant twitch that pushes a button you didn't mean to. Doing the same process of "dungeon crawling" got pretty boring pretty quickly. It was fun for the first couple hours, but it didn't have me hooked.

The music is nice. It's very Pokemon-esque, but it's a whole different kind of adventure-type music characteristic of the normal series. I felt sound effects were nailed on the head; hits and attacks felt pretty satisfying when they landed on an enemy, as well as using items.

What really sold me was the story. The introduction and quiz really made me feel like the Pokemon I got was something based on my personality, making the protagonist someone I really got involved in. In the end, the story was what pushed me to get through the game. The repetition and grinding was almost worth it in the end thanks to the touching ending. It was an experience I'll never forget, and hit me harder than I expected. Kudos to the dev team for making such a heartwarming conclusion.

7/10 overall. Gameplay is repetitive and punishing, but the story is definitely top notch.
  3. Aug 25, 2010
    Though it offers much to please die-hard Pokemon fans, your much better off with the GBA version, as this didn't need to be on DS. Theres some nice sprite work here, and fairly satisfying dungeon crawling, but when it gets so boring so fast...youre going to run back to the superior games, that being the main series.
  4. Jun 15, 2011
    Repetitive experience is found here, all you do is going to Dungeons that never change, making every level the same. The story is nice, and thats a high point in the game.
  5. Feb 2, 2013
    The story is really nice and the game is fun. However the interminable dungeons become repetitive after a while and when you die and have to restart at the beginning it gets frustrating.
  6. CazC.
    Jun 22, 2007
    Extremely cute and cuddly version of Pokemon where you become the actual pocket monster yourself. Pretty random and repetative at times but fun to complete and definately worth trying it out.

1. Overall, it’s a satisfying Pokémon romp. The perspective is a little different but the addictive turn-based battles and exploration are in full effect and still lots of fun.
  2. Only the most diehard Pokemon fans should ever consider picking this game up. The gameplay isn’t especially interesting, the game makes poor use of the Nintendo DS hardware, and the presentation is seriously outdated.
  3. Compelling for a while, eventually Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team casts a powerful sleep spell over the toughest of pokéfans.