Pokemon White Version 2 DS

8.5

1. Oct 9, 2012
    I would love to give this game more than a 7, but sadly I just can't. The reason why is not because this isn't a solid RPG or its just an average game but its because Gamefreak continue to play it safe. Out of these 'Version 2's' I expected something more innovative, new and fresh. The game has a nice presentation style and graphics package for a DS game but the problem is with the sameI would love to give this game more than a 7, but sadly I just can't. The reason why is not because this isn't a solid RPG or its just an average game but its because Gamefreak continue to play it safe. Out of these 'Version 2's' I expected something more innovative, new and fresh. The game has a nice presentation style and graphics package for a DS game but the problem is with the same tried and tested formula which although is very solid for many fans others will be less satisfied. Sadly I'm one of those who are less satisfied which is dissapointing as this is a franchise I love. But above all else the same tried and tested formula doesn't excite me anymore. + If your a diehard fan of the franchise this game will still be a solid, and long enough experience
    + Nice presentation style for a DS game
    + RE-introduction of some staple mainstays.
    - Not deviating enough from the formula of Black and White
    +/- Same old Pokemon
    In summary a solid game that has hours of content but never really reaches the levels of excitement and fun seen in previous Pokemon titles and feels a bit like a retread through Unova. Still worth a buy if you love Pokemon though.
  2. Sep 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The general story is ok but the way you progress forward is just unimaginative and awful; In all other pokemon games there would be a few instances where your path would be blocked by a HM obstacle or other special circumstance that was part of the story i.e a snorlax, sudowoodo etc. Then you would do logical things to proceed. In this game you have no idea what you have to trigger to get the boat captain to talk to you or move that one guy that keeps blocking your path for no reason.
    The range of pokemon are below average; all the new imaginative ones are only accessible after the league. The majority available at badges 1-6 are boring plant types, stupid ice cream cones etc. There are a few decent ones from older generations (that you may already be bored with) early game but you know everyone else will train up the same ones; arcanine, lucario, the ground-dragon. There's a lame array of flying types, another pidgey clone, an aerodactyl variant. The only other legitimate choices to experiment with are a shiny reindeer, the zaroak dark type and a cool looking electric bug.
    I hope the reason this was so lame -reusing the same assets as the previous game- was because most of their team was busy working on X&Y all along
  3. LHy
    Sep 28, 2013
    Enjoyed it all around except I was not really keen on the story line, it could of been a lot better in my opinion, but other than that, pretty okay game, try it out.
  4. Oct 15, 2012
    Amazing game. Franchise veterans will love the extremely polished mechanics like the simplification of nature breeding, better pacing, and achievement system (Medals). Younger gamers and newcomers will find the presentation quite astonishing, especially for a DS title. The 3D cut scenes are really cool and will blow you away. Lots of replay value, beautiful in-game sprites, the WorldAmazing game. Franchise veterans will love the extremely polished mechanics like the simplification of nature breeding, better pacing, and achievement system (Medals). Younger gamers and newcomers will find the presentation quite astonishing, especially for a DS title. The 3D cut scenes are really cool and will blow you away. Lots of replay value, beautiful in-game sprites, the World Tournament, the new Move Tutors, hidden burrows, incredible music, gym layouts, and many other simple tweaks like the sunlight blinding you when you come out of a building or cave make this game a perfect one in my eyes. It is the ultimate realization of the Pokémon formula. Collapse

#2 Most Discussed DS Game of 2012
#2 Most Shared DS Game of 2012

1. Mar 20, 2013
    They're still good games, but there's nothing overtly special about them that makes them stand out from the rest of the series or, more importantly, Black and White 1.
  2. Pelit (Finland)
    Nov 15, 2012
    Pokémon Black and White 2 are the best Pokémon games thus far. The amount of activities you can participate in is delightful, the storyline surprisingly engaging, and the new gym design fun. The biggest complaint stems from the horrible implementation of new difficulty levels. I loved the idea of having a harder difficulty for my quest, but implementing it only in one game of the pair, and even then unlocking it after I've actually played through the game, is simply old fashioned and bad game design. [Nov 2012]
  3. Nov 14, 2012
    Fans of Pokémon already knows what to expect from this game, and it has as usual the same high quality standard we are spoiled with. The lack of new regions or a lot more Pokémon's makes the game feel a little bit too familiar with the previous one, so much that I would call this an extremely well done expansion rather than a new game.