Professor Layton and the Last Specter DS

8.5

1. Jul 13, 2015
    The Layton formula hasn't really changed since the first game and while you wouldn't want to change a winning formula too much, Layton veterans may be getting a sense of De ja vu especially when some of puzzles are repeated from earlier games in the series. However, I'll say what I've said about all the Layton games; if you like puzzles you'll love it and this is technically the best gameThe Layton formula hasn't really changed since the first game and while you wouldn't want to change a winning formula too much, Layton veterans may be getting a sense of De ja vu especially when some of puzzles are repeated from earlier games in the series. However, I'll say what I've said about all the Layton games; if you like puzzles you'll love it and this is technically the best game in the series. Expand
  2. Dec 13, 2011
    Professor Layton and Spectre's Call is a great adventure for all owners of the Nintendo DS will not let go. With a good variety of puzzles some, thanks to unaa plot very engaging and small news, the series "Professor Layton" This year guarantees quality. Although fans will have a sense of déjà vu rather strongly, because of some of the ideas seen in previousProfessor Layton and Spectre's Call is a great adventure for all owners of the Nintendo DS will not let go. With a good variety of puzzles some, thanks to unaa plot very engaging and small news, the series "Professor Layton" This year guarantees quality. Although fans will have a sense of déjà vu rather strongly, because of some of the ideas seen in previous chapters, this latest chapter is a must for any fan of the Professor. The premise of the story, which serve as the prequel trilogy, the chapter ended with last year, Professor Layton and Lure of the spectrum is a particularly recommended for all those who want to know for the first time the protagonists of the series. While waiting for the next chapter for Nintendo 3DS, this chapter can be considered the best in the series, thanks to an ever increasing difficulty and prohibitive!

3. Nov 28, 2011
    This game is great for people who didn't play the last three and want to get into the series. The visuals amazing, the story is captivating (though a bit slower-paced than the other games) but a bit...abstract... at times, the music is at it's usual great, and the characters are unique.

There is no fault in this game. but it's not for everyone.
  4. Jan 18, 2012
    This is an example of a puzzle game done right. It has a gorgeous art style and a fantastic story. However, at times it can get a tad story heavy, but I really don't think that it got too bad. Story: 9/10
    Gameplay 8.5/10 Controls: 10/10
    replayability: 4/10 Overall 8/10
  5. Feb 2, 2012
    Mysteries are once again very good and very (almost different to them some of the others. A novelty: there is a small quiz from time to time with 3 answers: and it is not always hollow out. Mysteries are often easy, but game is very good really.
  6. Jul 17, 2017
    I really wanted to like this game. I had heard so much positive talk from people whose opinion's usually line up with mine, but unfortunately this isn't the case.
    I like the animated bits and the voice work is good. The art style in general reminds me of a mix between 80's french cartoons with a side of anime. Looks and sounds great throughout. In fact, that's really the only reason I'm giving this game a 4. Without the care that was put into this game, it would've scored much lower.
    The problem with this game is the puzzles, which is very unfortunate for a puzzle game. When I used to visit my grandma's home when I was younger, there was nothing to do. No videogames, nothing on TV, and the parents were all talking about boring stuff. So in order to pass the time, I'd go through a book of 1,001 puzzles. The puzzles in Layton feel like they were ripped right out of one of those books. There's at least 150 different puzzles and none of them are very creative or original. Some of them are downright broken or explained so poorly that the only way you'll solve them is luck or by getting hints (4 hints are offered per puzzle, typically the last hint being the answer).
    If you're thinking about getting into the Layton series, make sure you check out the types of puzzles that you'll be faced with. I like puzzles, just not the generic back of a cereal box type of puzzle.
  7. Jul 18, 2017
    Mi segundo juego favorito de la saga y muy cerca del primero (futuro perdido). El cuarto de la saga en ser publicado, pero el primero de la cronología. Los puzzles perfectos como en el resto de juegos. La historia muy bueno e innovadora

#13 Most Discussed DS Game of 2011

1. Feb 6, 2012
    Professor Layton and the Spectre's Call is, as the rest of the games in the series, a very entertaining way to keep your brain fit. 170 puzzles test your noggin on various themes such as visual memory, logic and mathematics, and it's all wrapped up in a beautiful package.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 19, 2012
    Maybe this puzzle-solving game is the last reason to find your long forgotten Nintendo DS – you will be amazed by the contents the developers were able to put on a single cartridge. [Christmas 2011]
  3. Jan 12, 2012
    Even though the prequel to professor's first three games is not as spectacular and the formula seems a little worn out, it can still deliver some great puzzle-solving hours. Oh, and the absence of the London Life mini-game from the European version is inexcusable.