6.3

1. KrisAsick
    Aug 13, 2009
    This game is poorly made and I find it perplexing that it's getting the kinds of reviews it's getting. It makes me wonder if the rest of the puzzle gaming genre is suffering since there's only a handful of puzzle games I enjoy. (Galactrix being one of them.) There's visual errors in parts of the interface, a lack of feedback when performing certain actions, no way toThis game is poorly made and I find it perplexing that it's getting the kinds of reviews it's getting. It makes me wonder if the rest of the puzzle gaming genre is suffering since there's only a handful of puzzle games I enjoy. (Galactrix being one of them.) There's visual errors in parts of the interface, a lack of feedback when performing certain actions, no way to quit a battle that'll be too difficult, various bugs related to swapping units and how much money is lost upon defeat, and you can even get into situations where you and the AI just make the same unproductive move back and forth because any other move would give the opponent a really good move following. All that said though, the character graphics and backgrounds are good, and the mini-games are actually more enjoyable than the core gameplay... but it's just not worth it in my opinion. Hunt down Challenge of The Warlords or Galactrix instead... they're FAR better. Expand

1. This game is very similar to the Puzzle Quest titles, and like them it can become boring if played for too long. For those willing to play in short bursts, though, Puzzle Kingdoms provides hours of fun.
    I had fun playing Puzzle Kingdoms on the Nintendo DS because the core mechanics are rock solid. The problems come from the sloppy production values, most likely due to the bargain basement development budget.
  3. If you don't mind some trial and error, or don't mind working through the game until you figure out what to do, there is fun to be had with Puzzle Kingdoms.