5.3

1. MarkoBiafra
    Aug 6, 2008
    Disappointing. It's basically 'connect-the-dots', that's about it. You don't connect the dots to the beat of the music, you just connect them while the music's playing. Maybe the mini-games have some redeming qualities, I'm not sure, I couldn't handle much more than about 5 minutes of this game, it's that bad. Avoid this one!
  2. bboy
    Dec 28, 2008
    The perfect example of exploitation in order to make a quick buck. As a bboy myself, this game is a joke and it angers me that they actually made this trash. The gameplay is a joke as all you do is connect dots. The worst thing about this game though is that it was made by a bunch of designers that have no idea about the artform. What is with the music? It's like techno beats orThe perfect example of exploitation in order to make a quick buck. As a bboy myself, this game is a joke and it angers me that they actually made this trash. The gameplay is a joke as all you do is connect dots. The worst thing about this game though is that it was made by a bunch of designers that have no idea about the artform. What is with the music? It's like techno beats or something. None of the music is licensed (as far as I know, hec I only played the game for 5 minutes before turning it off) and is an insult to even associate it with bboying. The other thing is the actual dancing in this game, or lack thereof. This game emphasises big moves and tricks and lacks to offer the fundamentals that make the dance, the dancing itself. The only toprock they do is the Indian step which looks like it's being done by a complete beginner. Where did they get the people who did the motion capture for the game? Or maybe they didn't get anyone hence why it looks so bad. You can't bboy without the proper music yet this game has the player joining dots while a blocky character on the top screen just does tricks, all of which look bad. There is no association between the character and the music, so where exactly does bboying fit within this game? They could have had a ballet dancer and it wouldn't make any difference to the game. This just shows that the designers are exploiting the dance in order to attract buyers with all the 'cool' tricks. This game does not deserve to be sold. If you want a bboy game, get B-Boy for the PS2/PSP. It has its faults as well but at least it had respected and known people who worked on the game to ensure it was as authentic as possible. But Red Bull BC One? What a joke Expand

1. Don't be fooled by the title of this game. Red Bull BC One - BC stands for Breakdance Championship - is everything but a breakdance game. Connecting dots within a timelimit isn't our idea of making badass moves. The puzzling takes so much of your attention that you don't have time to admire the dancing guy. What's stands is an outdated puzzle game with little inspiration.
    I enjoy watching breakdancing. And I enjoy this game's core connect-the-dots mechanic. But together, they create a confusing product that doesn't have much to do with the culture or the activity of b-boy battles.
    Unfortunately, you don't break dance at all. Instead, you connect dots while a blocky character on the top screen spins on his head.