7.6

1. MireL
    Oct 14, 2009
    The controls in this game are actually broken. If it didn't have the creative concept it does it would be ignored and reviled. I would love to like this game, but it is practically unplayable. I've seen him move almost all the way across the screen with one movement. All the creativity in the world couldn't save this mess.
  2. GarethG
    Sep 16, 2009
    The entire game requires the usage of the touch screen to be played, with the D-Pad not being used for much, except to select menu screens. Which brings us to the negatives of the game. You have to control a character, and aid him using the objects you create. Standard stuff, except you have to manage him using the stylus as well. Tap a spot on the screen to move him there, tap an object The entire game requires the usage of the touch screen to be played, with the D-Pad not being used for much, except to select menu screens. Which brings us to the negatives of the game. You have to control a character, and aid him using the objects you create. Standard stuff, except you have to manage him using the stylus as well. Tap a spot on the screen to move him there, tap an object to make him interact with it. Sounds cool? It is, but the Expand
  3. DME
    Sep 24, 2010
    The idea behind it was good, but execution wasn't. Graphics were "blah". Sound was decent. Controls were just awful. Puzzles were fun at first but then got real boring. There are certainly worse games on the DS, but even so, I don't recommend this one.

#5 Most Discussed DS Game of 2009
#18 Most Shared DS Game of 2009

1. Scribblenauts is hugely ambitious, and the odd bit of buckling under its inventory has to be forgiven.
    Even with the flaws in Scribblenauts' controls and the level editor -- which only allows you to make levels for use on your own card, and not share them with others -- it holds a special place in my heart for being the most fun I've ever had improving my vocabulary. It is, dare I say, the best piece of edutainment since Math Blaster.
    You get a wholesome puzzle game in Scribblenauts, with challenges that may well last you longer than you think, but it's not perfect.