7.6

1. Sep 6, 2010
    Though i didn't spend much time with the game, It is very fun and has some very creative puzzles. I was actually surprised on how expansive the vocabulary was in this game. You can literally put in almost anything that is not inappropriate or overly religious. Again, the puzzles are very creative but i spent most of my time messing around in the main menu just messing with the variety of things that i can create. This is a truly expansive game that i could spend so much time playing. Expand
  2. DME
    Sep 24, 2010
    The idea behind it was good, but execution wasn't. Graphics were "blah". Sound was decent. Controls were just awful. Puzzles were fun at first but then got real boring. There are certainly worse games on the DS, but even so, I don't recommend this one.
  3. Oct 29, 2010
    Sloppy controls, and easily cheated levels. the 2 points off my review. Everything else? Flawless. The entertainment value of watching a panda riding another panda wearing a top hat, is simply ingenious.
  4. Aug 23, 2010
    Niggling flaws and borked controls keep this from being truly outstanding, but as a 8/10 game, it's one of the better 8/10 games. It's premise is brilliant, write anything, solve everything. Though this pretty much is true, summoning anything is an awesome prospect, a better line would be 'write anything, solve almost everything if it wasn't for several flaws'. Still one of the best DS games, if you can put up with dodgy control schemes. Expand
  5. Oct 30, 2010
    Most original game I've played since Tetris. A true breath of fresh air. If you want to buy anyone a game that'll will really get their brain thinking, this is the game.

A stroke of genius.
  6. Nov 20, 2010
    It is a brilliantly innovative game. This really had the potential to be an excellent game. However, it fell flat completely. One of the major problems was the controls. I don't know why it even used the touch screen to begin, but Maxwell is hell to control. The touch screen was bad enough but they are really floaty and irresponsible. However, you'll spend hours using your imaginations on the title screen, doing whatever, pitting God against Satan, or a tiger against a lion, or whatever your imagination takes you to. The vocabulary on offer is amazing too. Expand
  7. cfh
    Mar 24, 2013
    SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!!! The first levels are awesome. Then I got stuck, but if you get stuck you can still go to different worlds and play levels there (my mistake). I would deffinitely suggest this to anyone who has a device that supports this game. Examples: DS Scribblenauts and Scribblenauts Remix for iOS ($0.99 TOTALLY worth it).
  8. Jan 8, 2011
    The first problem with this game is that the title is a lie. Saying write anything solve everything is a complete lie. Many times when you say you want a spanner you will end up with a drill, because any type of tool you type in has the same result. Many of the items you can't use anyway, and movement is extremely annoying. I got to world 3 before puttingthis down, avoid.
  9. Feb 10, 2011
    A great idea that ended up being more frustrating than fun. your character often will knock over elaborate set ups because you cant control him yourself. and half of the games puzzles are solved by simply creating death or a helicopter with a magnet on it. The best part of the game is on the main menu staging fights between various mythical creatures ridding skateboards...
  10. May 12, 2011
    This is one of the best DS games I've ever played. The puzzles are enjoyable and creative yet also challenging but never to the point of deep frustration. Plus, every puzzle has great variety and if you take your time to solve each puzzle the game can last you a good 20+ hours. On the negative side, however, the Level Creator is limited, the controls are stiff and annoying, many puzzles can be solved with a simple 'blow it up' attitude and the AI is, frankly, poor. But all of this is made up for with a cast of fantastic puzzles and some pretty cool unlocks. This is also a belly-achingly funny game, and an essential purchase for any and every DS owner. Period. Expand
  11. May 23, 2011
    It's not great but it's a good fun game I don't love it I don't hate it but it's still fun and the puzzles for most of them you have to be creative so you should buy it it's pretty dang good!
  12. Jan 22, 2012
    The game features an excellent and very original idea, that there is over 20 000 items you can spawn into the level just by typing them. However, poor controls, uninteresting levels and the fact that most objects don't function the way they should, or atleast could, prevents this game from reaching a higher score.
  13. Nov 19, 2012
    With Scribblenauts the possibilities are endless.
  14. Feb 14, 2013
    This game is based on a brilliant idea. Some of the stages are a little frustrating, but overall it's awesome and really fun. This really has a future.
  15. Mar 15, 2013
    This is the perfect example of a premise that gets anyone wide-eyed in astonishment. I mean, you write up any object and it's in the game. How the hell did they manage that?

The game itself is beautifully colored, with just the right amount of silliness, and a LOT of extremely cool easter eggs (if you write up "time machine", for example, you get an actual time machine that gets you out
    of the current puzzle's ambient and into one of many different pasts or futures).

Where things start to fall apart is the actual gameplay. As puzzles get garder, it gets increasingly annoying to try to control the main character. A lot of the times, he just refuses to obey the obvious commands, which results in a whole lot of wasted time. As a result, I never really found it in me to play this game all the way through.

Final verdict: one of the most fun premises ever to grace a video game, significantly doused by half-assed controls.
  16. Aug 4, 2013
    A really fun game that lets you create anything you can scribble pretty much.

They fixed the controls in the newer version as they are what slows this one down a lot.

Otherwise it has a lot of clever puzzles and is worth checking out.

7 out of 10.
  17. Nov 19, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2) (If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (2/2) Visuals/Story (0/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is better than the visuals, review this section as if the visuals didn’t matter)

Accessibility/Longevity (1/2)

Pricing (1/2)

Wildcard (0)

18. Jun 20, 2014
    I heard a lot of recommendations for this game, so I decided to give it a try and overall, I have been having a pretty good time with this game just solving puzzles and things like that. Pros: -Creative Puzzles -Extensive amount of Words -Cool and fun Easter eggs (One of the levels parodied Back to the Future which I thought was very funny!) -Definitely a game I kept coming back to, I remember being very addicted to this game when I first bought it.

Cons:
    -Puzzles can get really repetitive.
    -Level Editor could be better.
    -Replay value may be there, but what it has to offer is not very fun, but just more repetitive puzzles.

Overall, Scribblenauts is very innovative, but it's not one of the best. I'd still think it's worth picking up if you can find it for cheap.
  19. Jun 5, 2014
    This game is really great for car rides, or personally for me, when laying in bed if you can't sleep or don't feel well. It has some easy levels, some creative levels, and some impossible levels. It will keep you entertained for much longer than you need to be. Also, even though it looks like it's for young kids, it's fun for all ages, I'm 19 and have an absolute blast playing with my boyfriend.

1. Scribblenauts is hugely ambitious, and the odd bit of buckling under its inventory has to be forgiven.
    Even with the flaws in Scribblenauts' controls and the level editor -- which only allows you to make levels for use on your own card, and not share them with others -- it holds a special place in my heart for being the most fun I've ever had improving my vocabulary. It is, dare I say, the best piece of edutainment since Math Blaster.
    You get a wholesome puzzle game in Scribblenauts, with challenges that may well last you longer than you think, but it's not perfect.