Sonic Colors DS

• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Nov 16, 2010
7.9

1. Feb 24, 2014
    FORGET E CRITICS AND LISTEN CAREFULLY. The dark age of Sonic The Hedgehog has been very long sadly. With Shadow The Hedgehog, 06, Labyrinth, Chronicles which at best was half decent, but then they released unleashed which kind of brought the series, but critics nitpicked at the "Boring" wolf sections. That game KIND OF saved the series, but in 2010, I saw the trailer, and since I don'tFORGET E CRITICS AND LISTEN CAREFULLY. The dark age of Sonic The Hedgehog has been very long sadly. With Shadow The Hedgehog, 06, Labyrinth, Chronicles which at best was half decent, but then they released unleashed which kind of brought the series, but critics nitpicked at the "Boring" wolf sections. That game KIND OF saved the series, but in 2010, I saw the trailer, and since I don't have a Wii, which got very positive ratings, I got the DS version, and I loved every Sonic-Second of it. EVERYTHING from the beautiful intro, the gameplay, story, speed, humor, audio, it's AMAZING! This game is so good that it brought the Sonic series back! And Sonic hasn't had a bad game since! Except for the 3ds version of lost world, which at WORST, was pretty, mixed. I just didn't like frozen factory, and Sonic 4 I actually liked. Don't listen to the bad reviews on here and buy the game. And if there's ever a day when your feeling bored, depressed, or just overall down in the dumps, get your Wii or DS, plug in this game, and reach for the stars. :) Expand
  2. Dec 21, 2010
    It's a very good Sonic game. Better than Sonic Rush, but it appears five years later. It's only a little step forward.

HARDCORE FANS ADVISORY: IT'S NOT A CLASSIC SONIC.
  3. Nov 21, 2010
    Classic Sonic gameplay mixed with some fresh ideas that actually work. In short, this is the game Sonic 4 should have been and arguably the best Sonic game since Sonic 2.
  4. Mar 6, 2011
    Its official...Sonic Team was abducted by aliens for the past 10 years... Because I do not, NAY REFUSE to believe that the same Sonic Team...is RESPONSIBLE for this utter MASTERPIECE...

The music is classic enchanting Sonic fare, and you will be humming the tunes for months if not years. The atrocious 4Kids voice actors have been replaced (except Robotnik) with a far superior cast, that truly befits the nature of the Sonic series. The graphics....BEST ON THE WII...nothing even comes remotely CLOSE... The environmental made me gaze in awestuck wonder, oftentimes I forget its all IN GAME!!!

No **** HUBWORLDS ANYMORE!!! Just straight up classic gameplay. Not to mention the new Wisps mechanic is awesome, and provides tons of replayability throughout.

DID I MENTION 2 PLAYER CO-OP?!?!? Yep its in there.

This is not only the best Sonic game of the DECADE (considering how **** the series games have been over the recent years) but my favorite Wii game of 2011!!! It may even be my favorite GAME of the YEAR!!!

You think I'm kidding don't you? NO. Stop reading if you've ever been a fan of Sonic... This is the game...the one, the one that brings a LEGEND back. BUY NOW! BUY NOW! BUY NOW! BUY NOW!!!
  5. Nov 26, 2010
    This is the best sonic game of the past Decade! Maybe Sonic 4 Episode 2 can learn from this. Both the Wii and DS Version are Fantastic and well Worth your Money!
  6. Nov 25, 2011
    Best ds game I owned. The game isnt boost to win and has alot of diversified gameplay because of the wisps which are awesome by the way. This game is nothing short of a great game!
  7. Oct 5, 2013
    The best out of the Sonic Rush styled handheld Sonic titles, Better than rush, and 10 times better than both Rush Adventure and Generations 3DS, the sonic colors soundtrack was remixed in this version for some reason, but it's enjoyable, and most importantly, the game is a blast to play, no stupid gimmicks like in Rush Adventure. The wisps in this version play like there consoleThe best out of the Sonic Rush styled handheld Sonic titles, Better than rush, and 10 times better than both Rush Adventure and Generations 3DS, the sonic colors soundtrack was remixed in this version for some reason, but it's enjoyable, and most importantly, the game is a blast to play, no stupid gimmicks like in Rush Adventure. The wisps in this version play like there console counterparts, with the exception with two wisps that are exclusive to this version

Overall this is fantastic, I recommend it.
  8. May 14, 2013
    A good game. It contains the best boss battles I've ever played, with a very good soundtrack.
  9. May 24, 2015
    This game is really fun! Its fast, its interesting, and a good time for all! I think the level design is great and some of the levels even have a couple of multiple path ways. Although the game is a bit easy.
  10. Jul 3, 2015
    This game deserves its praise. Although short, the game is a lot of fun, and nothing comes off as cheap. The only two issues are the homing attack not being spammable (there's a slight delay that can be a pacebreaker) and this one mission being very hard to "A" rank. This game is less linear than the Rush games, and there's more emphasis on speed than the Wii version. Unlike Rush, you onlyThis game deserves its praise. Although short, the game is a lot of fun, and nothing comes off as cheap. The only two issues are the homing attack not being spammable (there's a slight delay that can be a pacebreaker) and this one mission being very hard to "A" rank. This game is less linear than the Rush games, and there's more emphasis on speed than the Wii version. Unlike Rush, you only need the "R" button twice through the whole game, and unlike Rush Adventure, it's just stage to stage. Great job, SEGA! This game is still great today. Expand
  11. Jul 14, 2016
    I'm honestly unsure whether this game is better over it's Wii counterpart, but I've definitely gotten more enjoyment out of this version.

If you like Sonic Advanced 2 and 3, Sonic Rush and Rush Adventure, and generally disliked a lot of the other games for not having the speed element the former mentioned games have, you'll love this. The game looks great for DS, has some of the best music a series well known for it's music has to offer. Lots of creativity here too. Good amount of content, but despite that not much replay-ability, however it's one of those games where if you enjoy it you'll wanna wipe it and do it all over again, Has Cameos from other sonic characters that aren't present at all in the Wii version.

If you were expecting Colours to be "Unleashed day stages only" this is probably more towards what you're looking for, it's speed focused, which is honestly what most fans were expecting. The Wii version is excellent too, just don't expect it to be speed focused, Colours on Wii is puzzle focused.

All in all, a very solid title that put faith back into the hearts of sonic fans, Until Rise of Lyric of course
  12. Jan 3, 2017
    Sonic Colors redeems itself to be the worth reveal of Sonic and his friends at an out-of-this-world journey to save Wisps from Dr. Eggman's evil plot.
  13. Sep 29, 2016
    this sonic game is great the wisps offer a new perspective and the special stages are fun also red star rings are fun to collect as they unlock special items
  14. Apr 27, 2017
    The game is good, yet somewhat easy for me. The visuals are okay for my liking and contains amazing music. The gameplay is very similar to Sonic Rush (also I don't recommend playing this game before Sonic Rush) with the return of the boost and high speed running aspects.
    This game does utilize the Wisps very well, but sadly there aren't as many as the Wii version.
    The bosses are pretty
    The bosses are pretty good. Not broken, but not incredible. You do also follow some patterns involving the Wisps during the boss battles which is nice.

The major con of this game has to be the difficulty. It's very easy. I only finished this game in a few hours and I could rack up too many lives (max x99)!
    I'm not saying it's SUPER easy though. It's got it's difficulty at times and I think that newcomers to the Sonic franchise will really enjoy this title!

Now I recommend this to both hardcore Sonic fans and casual/newbies, as it's entertaining gameplay (the ease will most likely engross new players) gives a big farewell to the Nintendo DS!

Sonic Colours(DS)=8/10

#6 Most Discussed DS Game of 2010
#19 Most Shared DS Game of 2010

1. Feb 2, 2011
    If you have enjoyed previous Sonic games but were hesitant to pick this one up because of the most recent Sonic outings, worry no more. Sonic Colors is worth the price of admission.
  2. Jan 17, 2011
    Sonic Colors for DS enjoy as the Wii's version. Inheriting many of the mechanical from Sonic Rush and enriched it with the super powers received by the Wisps, this chapter respects the tradition and updates it painlessly.
  3. Jan 10, 2011
    It's true that Sonic Colors is an imperfect game, plagued by dull boss battles and uneven difficulty, but it's still an enjoyable DS title with enough similarities to 16-bit Sonic games to keep both old and new fans of the franchise entertained.